Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals had.....
The 3rd overall pick in this years draft.  What player do you think they would have taken.   

No trades because the Chargers couldn't trade.    Qb's are Gone so which position player do they take?  

Now if you want to add who you would take then add it below who you think the Bengals would draft.   
Reply/Quote
100% Bosa.  Another d-lineman on par with Atkins or Dunlap would be outrageous for this D.
Reply/Quote
If Jack and Smith were both injury free then this would be a very interesting decision. Since they aren't I think it's down to Bosa and Ramsey. I'd go Bosa all day, a stud DE to put into the rotation and he can move all over the line. Dunlap, Bosa, Geno, and MJ would be a nice front 4 on passing downs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bosa, no question.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I would choose between Bosa and Buckner.

I think the Bengals would choose Ramsey. They value high end corner talent in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
Probably either Joey Bosa or Jalen Ramsey, as others have said.

For us, as a 4-3 team, those are really the only choices.

Now, if I were a 3-4 team like San Diego...I don't know how Buckner doesn't go there.
Reply/Quote
I think we would've taken Ramsey.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Joey Bosa would be the obvious choice, in my opinion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think we would've taken Ramsey.

Yup.

I'm committed to the fact we aren't going to take DL in the first if there is any other position not a reach. CB and OL are both relatively safe there. We took Pollak in 2005 in the first and I think they just deem that position too injury risk related to put another first in. Since Pollack, we've drafted 5 first round corners, two OT, two TE, a WR and a LB. If I had to bet what we draft in the first next year, I wouldn't hesitate to say corner.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 10:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would choose between Bosa and Buckner.  

I think the Bengals would choose Ramsey.   They value high end corner talent in the 1st round.

My thoughts exactly.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 07:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Yup.

I'm committed to the fact we aren't going to take DL in the first if there is any other position not a reach. CB and OL are both relatively safe there. We took Pollak in 2005 in the first and I think they just deem that position too injury risk related to put another first in. Since Pollack, we've drafted 5 first round corners, two OT, two TE, a WR and a LB. If I had to bet what we draft in the first next year, I wouldn't hesitate to say corner.

To be fair, we tried to take DL in 2008. The Bengals wanted Dorsey, Ellis, or Harvey. All 3 went right ahead of us. You could tell Marvin wasn't happy when he gave his press conference. We also came close to taking Sharrif Floyd back in '13. Lap said that we would've selected him had Eifert been gone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Tunsil. Bengals stick to tha board. PA woulda pounded the table for him! I NEED MORE! I NEED MORE!
Reply/Quote
Ramsey, easily.

Bosa isn't as great a pass rusher as some here believe, but he's one amazing run stuffer. Buckner would have a ton of upside, but pretty raw. Ramsey would give us a huge playmaker and one of the best defensive players to come out of college over the years.

Plus, we DID lose Nelson, and Jones isn't getting younger, and Kirkpatrick may be gone.

So that would give us a future with Ramsey, Dennard, and Shaw as worst case scenario. I take that every day.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 01:55 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Ramsey, easily.

Bosa isn't as great a pass rusher as some here believe, but he's one amazing run stuffer. Buckner would have a ton of upside, but pretty raw. Ramsey would give us a huge playmaker and one of the best defensive players to come out of college over the years.

Plus, we DID lose Iloka, and Jones isn't getting younger, and Kirkpatrick may be gone.

So that would give us a future with Ramsey, Dennard, and Shaw as worst case scenario. I take that every day.

Okay I will bite. How did we lose Iloka? Nelson yes. Iloka is still very much part of the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 01:55 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Ramsey, easily.

Plus, we DID lose Iloka, and Jones isn't getting younger, and Kirkpatrick may be gone.

Ramsey is pretty raw too and far from a sure thing. Bosa may not have the highest ceiling of the guys mentioned but his floor and bust potential are much safer than the other 2 you mentioned. And Bosa is great against the run and very good against the pass. Dude was being double and triple teamed all last year like jj watt is now and was still making plays. He has a good variety of pass rush moves too
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 06:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ramsey is pretty raw too and far from a sure thing. Bosa may not have the highest ceiling of the guys mentioned but his floor and bust potential are much safer than the other 2 you mentioned. And Bosa is great against the run and very good against the pass. Dude was being double and triple teamed all last year like jj watt is now and was still making plays. He has a good variety of pass rush moves too

Agree. I am just not that high on Ramsey. I think Bosa would have been the pick. He fits perfectly what the Bengals like in their DEs. They have to be able to play the run. The Bengals feel like a no gain or 1 yard loss on a run is the same as a sack. Bosa can also pressure QB. Consistency is his strong suit.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 03:30 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Okay I will bite. How did we lose Iloka? Nelson yes. Iloka is still very much part of the team.

Meant to say Nelson. Thanks for realizing my error.

(05-07-2016, 06:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ramsey is pretty raw too and far from a sure thing. Bosa may not have the highest ceiling of the guys mentioned but his floor and bust potential are much safer than the other 2 you mentioned. And Bosa is great against the run and very good against the pass. Dude was being double and triple teamed all last year like jj watt is now and was still making plays. He has a good variety of pass rush moves too

He's raw in what sense? He played in 41 games. It's not like he's new to playing defensive back. Sure, he could be suited at either safety or cornerback, but he's not raw at all. He's a very good talent and has shown it throughout time. Ramsey allowed only 20 receptions on 50 targets. Allowed only 2 passes completed 20+ yards. He was thrown at 13 times down the field. Heck, one could say he had a better sophmore year than a junior year in terms of big plays. Ramsey isn't raw. There's just questions as to whether he'd be a better fit at safety or cornerback, not if he can actually play.

Bosa was MUCH better at the rush than the pass. And don't compare Bosa to JJ Watt out of the gate. Players get double teamed all the time. Whether it's JJ Watt or James Harrison. While he does have pass rush moves, he's also a major penalty player. Had 6 offsides penalties this season, 15 penalties altogether the last 2 years. He's a much better strength player rather than a speed. He can beat you by coming at you, not by going around you. He's so much better against the run than against the pass. Now, does he have potential? Absolutely.

But Ramsey has a much higher ceiling than Bosa. I like Ramsey more.

Reply/Quote
Is Bosa more JJ Watt or more Justin Smith? During the draft, I heard a lot of people talk about Bosa not being a great pass rusher.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 11:20 AM)McC Wrote: Is Bosa more JJ Watt or more Justin Smith?  During the draft, I heard a lot of people talk about Bosa not being a great pass rusher.

Justin Smith worked better in a 3-4. Whereas Bosa would have done much better in a 4-3.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bosa was a little underwhelming and then went to a new team and did very well.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 04:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: To be fair, we tried to take DL in 2008. The Bengals wanted Dorsey, Ellis, or Harvey. All 3 went right ahead of us. You could tell Marvin wasn't happy when he gave his press conference. We also came close to taking Sharrif Floyd back in '13. Lap said that we would've selected him had Eifert been gone.

It was unfortunate. But the same can be said about the WR situation in the first round this year. If the Bengals REALLY wanted one of those players, they could (should?) have traded up to get him since they knew teams in front of them were very likely going to take at least a couple of those players.

The hope of taking whichever is available doesn't always work out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote