Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals lose tomorrow...
If they lose,they lose, but they're not gonna lose!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals lose tomorrow I will be happy it was just a nightmare.
Reply/Quote
...I won't be the least bit surprised, given all the other opportunities they've squandered over the years. I've made that walk to the car after a playoff loss three times, so a fourth walk won't shock me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This game for some reason feels different than the other playoff games..

I hope it's a different outcome as well..

If the Bengals lose today, I think we do what we did last year... :/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
.....life will go on.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 10:38 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: .....life will go on.

Bingo.

If the Bengals lose, then I will change the channel and carry on living a happy life.
Reply/Quote
"There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up"

- Sam Wyche
Reply/Quote
It will be another waste of a good season.

If it were any other organization , the HC would get fired.. but not in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 10:36 AM)milksheikh Wrote: This game for some reason feels different than the other playoff games..

To a person everyone was saying the same thing about the San Diego game two years ago. That was going to be the breakthrough game, where we finally ended the drought and the team finally exceled the way it should. So, maybe tonght is the night as you suggest. I certainly hope so.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Lots of teams fire coaches after 12-4 seasons.

Wait, this just in...no one does that. Breaking news, folks. No head coaches get fired after 12-4 seasons.

Kudos to the guy that combs over the record books to find the instance that contradicts this scenario.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 11:01 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Lots of teams fire coaches after 12-4 seasons.

Wait, this just in...no one does that.  Breaking news, folks.  No head coaches get fired after 12-4 seasons.

Kudos to the guy that combs over the record books to find the instance that contradicts this scenario.

I think the Chargers fired Marty after a 12-4 season.... And it was a huge mistake.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:57 AM)Utts Wrote: Complete this sentence.

If the Bengals lose tomorrow ...

Mine is:

If the Bengals lose tomorrow, they should fire Marvin and promote Hue to HC.

The sun will come up on Sunday, and I'll get on with my day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm torn.

On one hand, consistency is good in the NFL. Especially if you have winning seasons. Teams that go through a coaching carousel are always a mess.

On the other hand, we know what we have in Marvin. The great Bengal fans want demand more and want championships. But we don't get to decide what happens. That's the most frustrating thing. We could all protest and boycott but nothing will change as long as there is hope. These good regular seasons are the worst tease if you can't get the ultimate prize
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:57 AM)Utts Wrote: Complete this sentence.

If the Bengals lose tomorrow ...

...hell has frozen over.

[Image: failure-is-not-an-option.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:19 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No way I'm answering this defeatist question the day of a playoff game.

Perfect response!!!!!!!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
They buy out Brian Price's contract from the Reds and name him as head coach.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 11:08 AM)gobobro Wrote: I think the Chargers fired Marty after a 12-4 season.... And it was a huge mistake.

He actually went 14-2 that season.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:02 AM)J24 Wrote: If the Bengal lose tomorrow then they should promote Marvin Lewis to president of football operations, Duke Tobin to GM, and promote Hue Jackson to Head coach. By the way this is the same thing they should do if we win the Superbowl. I think the team needs a different voice in the locker room but Marvin can still overlook the roster of the team.

Why would he get a promotion for failing? We'd be fine with Duke and Hue.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals lose I will NOT be tuning into hear the Steelers' call-in hotline radio show.
Reply/Quote
we will win. There is no other option......(in my Yoda voice)
Reply/Quote