Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were 3-2 would you be feeling good?
The Bengals realistically should be sitting at 3-2 right now, no OPI call on AJ and the Chargers game is a win, about 10 ways we should have won the Eagles game. If their only losses were the CLE and BAL games how would you feel right now? We would still have the Oline blocking problems and lack of pass rush on D but how would you feel? This board is in complete meltdown mode about Zac's record, if they would have won I wonder if so many people would be in total doom & gloom. The Colts game is winnable, if we're sitting at 3-2 right now and getting ready to face the Colts I bet the tune would be completely different.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Could of should of would of don't matter.

I do feel good about this team regardless. We have a true leader at qb finally and a few young weapons that I hope will be around for a while.

Obviously the line is an issue and Defence almost across the board is a problem but we have a few young players that lo like they will develop into really good players.

This team is on its way up. Be patient.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals realistically should be sitting at 3-2 right now, no OPI call on AJ and the Chargers game is a win, about 10 ways we should have won the Eagles game. If their only losses were the CLE and BAL games how would you feel right now? We would still have the Oline blocking problems and lack of pass rush on D but how would you feel? This board is in complete meltdown mode about Zac's record, if they would have won I wonder if so many people would be in total doom & gloom. The Colts game is winnable, if we're sitting at 3-2 right now and getting ready to face the Colts I bet the tune would be completely different.

Like I said before, this board is a lesson in schizophrenia.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: Could of should of would of don't matter.

I do feel good about this team regardless.  We have a true leader at qb finally and a few young weapons that I hope will be around for a while.

Obviously the line is an issue and Defence almost across the board is a problem but we have a few young players that lo like they will develop into really good players.

This team is on its way up.  Be patient.

I hear ya on the coulda/shoulda/woulda that's the point of this thread. If we would be sitting at 3-2 with a loss to the Browns (who are good this year) and the Ravens (who are very good this year) I don't think people would be so up in arms about Zac's record. The same problems would still exist just the record would be 3-2 instead. Winning really does fix everything.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Like I said before, this board is a lesson in schizophrenia.

Haha! Very true.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:18 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I hear ya on the coulda/shoulda/woulda that's the point of this thread. If we would be sitting at 3-2 with a loss to the Browns (who are good this year) and the Ravens (who are very good this year) I don't think people would be so up in arms about Zac's record. The same problems would still exist just the record would be 3-2 instead. Winning really does fix everything.

Unfortunately, 'if's and but's' don't matter. The reality is we're 1-3-1. Hopefully, that can change in the coming weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:18 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I hear ya on the coulda/shoulda/woulda that's the point of this thread. If we would be sitting at 3-2 with a loss to the Browns (who are good this year) and the Ravens (who are very good this year) I don't think people would be so up in arms about Zac's record. The same problems would still exist just the record would be 3-2 instead. Winning really does fix everything.

I suppose that's true. 

For me personally I don't know if it would change much for me as those wins would be against really bad teams and wouldn't hold much weight.

I want to see wins against quality teams but your point rings true.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals realistically should be sitting at 3-2 right now, no OPI call on AJ and the Chargers game is a win, about 10 ways we should have won the Eagles game. If their only losses were the CLE and BAL games how would you feel right now? We would still have the Oline blocking problems and lack of pass rush on D but how would you feel? This board is in complete meltdown mode about Zac's record, if they would have won I wonder if so many people would be in total doom & gloom. The Colts game is winnable, if we're sitting at 3-2 right now and getting ready to face the Colts I bet the tune would be completely different.

I would be feeling better, but not great.
If the Bengals had beaten PHI and LAC, PHI would be 1-4 and LAC would be 0-5. JAX is 1-4.
So beating just very bad teams.

Their next 4 games are against teams who are a combined 15-3.
I predict they lose all those games.
3-2 would turn into 3-6.

Let's be generous and say they get wins against WAS and NYG after that. 5-6.

Bengals would still have games against PIT and BAL, two more losses.
5-8.

I'd be more confident in them winning at least 1 of HOU, MIA, and DAL, but I think all are tossups.
So ultimately anywhere from 5 to 8 wins on the season.

That's what I expected going into the season.

Right now, I have a feeling they end up 3-12-1 or 4-11-1, with just wins over WAS and NYG, maybe HOU.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to quote Bill Parcells who some compare Zac to. You are what your record says you are. So Zac is 3-17-1
Reply/Quote
The record would look better, but the issues would remain.

The only thing a better record gets us is a lower draft position.

I get it, people want wins, but as we have seen when this team plays a good team, it gets throttled. So what would 3-2 really do for the team?

3-2 increases the odds that Turner stays, and Hart stays and we pick 12 to 15.

If we have to lose in order to get the talent this team needs and get changes, so be it but this team isn't ready to compete with Kansas City or Buffalo or New England or Green Bay, or New Orleans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ummmm yeah. And even better at 5-0. I’d be totally on board if they won a Super Bowl. Not sure what the point is.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ummmm yeah. And even better at 5-0. I’d be totally on board if they won a Super Bowl. Not sure what the point is.

Me either.  Confused
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ummmm yeah. And even better at 5-0. I’d be totally on board if they won a Super Bowl. Not sure what the point is.

The point is nearly all of the threads active right now are calling for Zac's head because of his record, really the team should be 3-2 without some dumb luck, would people still be calling for his head if that was the case?
Reply/Quote
By this logic we shoulda been 7-9 last year and Burrow would be in DC. That would be exciting.
Reply/Quote
I’d be happy while also expecting the team to struggle down the stretch. I’d be skeptical of our defense, although they are starting to play better (losing reader could change that) and I’d be clamoring for an o line trade since we’d be in the race. I’d still be ok trading for o line help even knowing we have no shot at the playoffs. Need to keep burrow alive
Reply/Quote
This is meaningless.. This is the same old Bungals BS we have been watching for the last 30 years..
Reply/Quote
Sure, but we would still be last place in the division. I think people disregard the fact that even if this team overperformed this year, we still most likely are 3rd or 4th in the division.

It sucks seeing Burrow get pummeled but honestly having a top 10 draft pick position this year isn’t too bad of an outcome.
Reply/Quote
Jeez . . . just TWO years ago, they were 4-1 . . . also 5-3 and they finished 6-10.

Did anybody feel good about that team? We all knew they sure didn't look like a 4-1 team. I don't think any of us saw 2-9 for the rest of the season but we sure knew that they weren't going to finish 13-3 or 12-4. At 4-1, the 2018 Bengals didn't pass the eye test, much like the 1-3-1 Bengals of 2020 so, NO . . . I would not feel better about this team if they were 3-2.

This defense looks better-ish but still looks like that they are very capable of giving up 600 yards. If a team actually game plans on targeting the young LBs with the backup TE and RB in the passing game, I doubt that they punt all game.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The issue with counting close games is that ZT is 0-10-1 in close games. When you have a 0% success rate after that many tries you should probably stop blaming bad luck. This stuff is too consistent to dismiss.

Case in point in 2010 we lost a bunch of close games and the Packers won a bunch of close games. We went 4-12 and had to reboot and they tore through the playoffs as a 6th seed and won the SB.
Reply/Quote
Can win a game and still suck ( i.e. Jags game ). With wht I've seen, even if things went the other way and we won, I would still say the team is bad based off of performances. We happen to be in a division that will buzzsaw you if you are lacking. Be it 3-2, 0-5 or 1-3-1 the Bengals are who they are and are not ready to sit at the big table.
Reply/Quote