Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were serious about winning...
like they all want us to believe...if they really had the sense of urgency to win now...then they would trade for a quality offensive lineman.

They would give up a first round pick, trade for a quality offensive lineman, and sure up their main team weakness.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
OK.

What team is going to give up a tried and tested tackle for a first rounder?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: like they all want us to believe...if they really had the sense of urgency to win now...then they would trade for a quality offensive lineman.

They would give up a first round pick, trade for a quality offensive lineman, and sure up their main team weakness.

That is the reason why when we get into the playoffs, we never get anywhere or even close. Those deficiencies stick out like sore thumbs and makes us incapable of doing anything about it. During the playoffs, players play to the next level.
Reply/Quote
They did, his name is Cordy Glenn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
According to PFF, Bengals gave up 13 pressures yesterday. 10 of them were from Hart/Redmond (5 each). Bengals gotta try someone else out against Baltimore or those pressure numbers will double.
Reply/Quote
It won’t happen anytime soon. Every team still thinks that have a shot at the playoffs, they arern’t trading starters. Mid October would be a more likely time for a trade.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They did, his name is Cordy Glenn.

Our fans have short memories. Our trade for Glenn netted us Price and Glenn (top 5 OT in league). I guess if we were serious we would have all pro OT's (12 million a year each), all pro QB (32 million), All pro DE"s (2) 14 million each). The problem is we would only have enough money for a roster of about 35 using the philosophy.

The Bengals have shown the entire off season they are serious about winning.  I saw it yesterday on player's faces, they want to win and the played to win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:23 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: OK.

What team is going to give up a tried and tested tackle for a first rounder?

A really crappy one who is rebuilding and who doesnt have a chance at winning squat this season. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They did, his name is Cordy Glenn.

They did, but they need to do more. Cordy Glenn only plays one position. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our fans have short memories. Our trade for Glenn netted us Price and Glenn (top 5 OT in league). I guess if we were serious we would have all pro OT's (12 million a year each), all pro QB (32 million), All pro DE"s (2) 14 million each). The problem is we would only have enough money for a roster of about 35 using the philosophy.

The Bengals have shown the entire off season they are serious about winning.  I saw it yesterday on player's faces, they want to win and the played to win.

Please stop. The Bengals had more than two holes on their offensive line coming into the season. The entire thing was a train wreck. The got Glenn and Price (who even knows if hes good?) which I give them credit for, but they completely ignored one side of the line. 

Like I said, if they were serious about going ALL IN then they would make a move to improve the glaring weakness that this team still has. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A really crappy one who is rebuilding and who doesnt have a chance at winning squat this season. 

No team believes that 1 game into the season. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:39 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They did, but they need to do more. Cordy Glenn only plays one position. 

Yes, the most important one. And we addressed the next biggest need by taking Price. Add bringing in Pollack and we did a lot to improve the line.

It would have taken a miracle to fix it completely in one offseason.

Reply/Quote
Their is a lack of quality linemen across the league. We think Bobby Hart is bad the Giants staring right tackle Flowers was the 9th overall pick and he is just as terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:46 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Their is a lack of quality linemen across the league. We think Bobby Hart is bad the Giants staring right tackle Flowers was the 9th overall pick and he is just as terrible.

Giants fans were LOSING it over him yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, the most important one. And we addressed the next biggest need by taking Price. Add bringing in Pollack and we did a lot to improve the line.

It would have taken a miracle to fix it completely in one offseason.

So I guess we should suck it up and just deal with half of the offensive line sucking the rest of the year. Got it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So I guess we should suck it up and just deal with half of the offensive line sucking the rest of the year. Got it. 

I would have liked to have taken any OT instead of Walton in the 4th rd, but I don’t blame them for not making multiple blockbuster trades in one offseason. That just doesn’t happen.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So I guess we should suck it up and just deal with half of the offensive line sucking the rest of the year. Got it. 

No but they definitely need to start putting a TE over there to help out.  This takes away options in the passing game but it has to be addressed or there will be nobody to pass the ball by the end of the season.

I just can't imagine being Hart sitting there watching film from yesterday.  Talk about having his hat pulled down over his eyes.
Reply/Quote

All the free agent linemen are bums. Most teams in the leauage have an offensive problem and wouldn’t trade a quality offensive linemen because they don’t have them. Even if you had a good backup swing tackle you wouldn’t trade him because your one injury away from him starting. We drafted a center in round one and traded for one of the better LT in the league, tough to address 4 line spots in one offseason. We will have to draft a RT next year nothing we can really do this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: like they all want us to believe...if they really had the sense of urgency to win now...then they would trade for a quality offensive lineman.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018OT.php

Not a whole lot of good out there on the wire. 

How about a trade for Garry Gilliam, 49ers backup RT?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
What really gets me in hindsight is that we could have gotten Duane Brown for relatively cheap in terms of draft compensation.

A mid season trade is improbable. Tackles are a highly valued position. Even a rebuilding team won't give up a quality starter because they're a very important building block. 

A fix is more likely to come internally through gameplanning.
Reply/Quote