Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals win on Sunday...
...and then go into Cleveland and knock them off as well next week, do we make the playoffs?

2-2 going into week 5 home game against the struggling Bills.

*Note this is VERY theoretical as I feel like the world is collapsing around the Bengals at the moment, however, if they can get some momentum on Offense, I think the Defense will be at a minimum a top 10 defense in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:16 AM)mroudfly Wrote: ...and then go into Cleveland and knock them off as well next week, do we make the playoffs?

*Note this is VERY theoretical as I feel like the world is collapsing around the Bengals at the moment, however, if they can get some momentum on Offense, I think the Defense will be at a minimum a top 10 defense in the league.

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Slow down.

Let's score a touchdown. Use that as a building block. Maybe if we can string together two a game back-to-back, then we can talk about playoffs*.

* the 2020 playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:16 AM)mroudfly Wrote: ...and then go into Cleveland and knock them off as well next week, do we make the playoffs?

Prior to game 1, I fully expected the Bengals to win at least 9-10 games and make the playoffs. I looked at last year and thought, with a better kicker and a slight improvment to our OL, we could win the games that we lost last year. Had I known that not only was our OL WORSE than last year, but so was our QB, I would never have made that prediction (the good news is it looks like we might actually have a decent kicker this year).

With that said, our problems so far this season seem to mainly reside on the offensive side of the ball. If we can turn the offense around, I could see us making the playoffs, yet again. The questoin is: do we want to? I say that only in the sense that making th eplayoffs might mean Marvin keeping his job.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: playoffs.gif]

......someone HAD to do it.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_m7rz2mYKY91r10gyho1_500.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Superbowl bound!
Reply/Quote
According to NFL network. Teams that start off 0-2 have a 4% chance of making the play-offs. Think my money would be on the Bengals don't make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
With Benton on this one, have to show some damn thing on Offense, like score a damn TD before i can even think of us
winning a damn game. Let alone the damn playoffs. Wyche nailed it lmao

I do really love this Defense and i think they will get much better as well if the Offense can get something going.

Lazor should be a big time upgrade over Zampese.
Reply/Quote
If we make the playoffs after this abysmal start to the season... Then that would all but guarantee Marv gets that dreaded extension... I'm not so sure I want that. I can never truly root for this team to fail. I'll be as desperate for a win on Sunday as anyone. But if we lose??... Well, I'm pretty sure it will hurt a lot less than most losses in the past. Same for every other game this season.

Marvin needs to go, guys. For the sake of this generation of players to have any hope, he HAS to go. The last thing we need is for Mike to find ANY reason to bring Marv back next year... Grrr!! But at the same time, go Bengals  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 02:03 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If we make the playoffs after this abysmal start to the season... Then that would all but guarantee Marv gets that dreaded extension... I'm not so sure I want that. I can never truly root for this team to fail. I'll be as desperate for a win on Sunday as anyone. But if we lose??... Well, I'm pretty sure it will hurt a lot less than most losses in the past. Same for every other game this season.

Marvin needs to go, guys. For the sake of this generation of players to have any hope, he HAS to go. The last thing we need is for Mike to find ANY reason to bring Marv back next year... Grrr!! But at the same time, go Bengals  Whatever

Cannot argue with any of this but this is how much faith us Bengal fans have in ole Mikey boy, sad ain't it?

Marv should be out even if he wins the Superbowl this year. PA should of been fired years ago.

This passive blocking scheme is ruining our entire team and it doesn't matter how good our Defense is if they are on the
field all game and we don't score any Touchdowns. Happy about the Lazor move but PA needs replaced so badly.

Offensive Lineman like to play aggressive, not passive. PA is just setting them all up for failure.

Wouldn't matter if we had Joe Thomas out there with this scheme.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Benton on this one, have to show some damn thing on Offense, like score a damn TD before i can even think of us
winning a damn game. Let alone the damn playoffs. Wyche nailed it lmao

I do really love this Defense and i think they will get much better as well if the Offense can get something going.

Lazor should be a big time upgrade over Zampese.

Getting a little OT here, but that's what's killing me.

For years I've whined about the defense. Whined. Like a kid. About how we weren't building quick enough, or playing the young guys enough, or were being to soft, etc. We had issues on D, but we did OK because our offenses were OK. And it's not like the D's were horrible, they just were middle of the road.

So here we are with a D that's playing like a playoff defense, and we can't even score a frickin touchdown.
Reply/Quote

I see what you're saying. A win at Green Bay could salvage the season, and with a couple easy teams after that, we could be looking at 3-2.

That said, it seems we are one of those "easy teams" right now.

Lets just see if Lazor can turn this offense around. If we get the win in GB, then we'll talk.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 02:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Getting a little OT here, but that's what's killing me.

For years I've whined about the defense. Whined. Like a kid. About how we weren't building quick enough, or playing the young guys enough, or were being to soft, etc. We had issues on D, but we did OK because our offenses were OK. And it's not like the D's were horrible, they just were middle of the road.

So here we are with a D that's playing like a playoff defense, and we can't even score a frickin touchdown.

Yeah watching the defense play so well is what is hurting me the most. Though, I am interested to see how they fair against a high powered offense Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 02:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Getting a little OT here, but that's what's killing me.

Most definately the most frustrating thing for sure.

I say we score some TD's this week Benton, bet on it.

That is a banged up Secondary and Mike Daniels is out, their best DT...

Clay Matthews will hit Dalton a bunch i am sure though so it might even out.

Need to run the ball with Mixon on early downs, use Gio as the 3rd down back and Hill on the goal line.

As Lazor said, need the QB and RB's get into a rhythm.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 02:26 PM)thillan Wrote: Yeah watching the defense play so well is what is hurting me the most. Though, I am interested to see how they fair against a high powered offense Sunday.

We will see how high powered they are with both their starting LT, RT and Center all out.

That is some decimation right there.

Rodgers is great on the run though, have to spy on the QB a bunch in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 01:43 PM)BengalD Wrote: According to NFL network.  Teams that start off 0-2 have a 4% chance of making the play-offs.  Think my money would be on the Bengals don't make the playoffs.

Not sure where they're getting those numbers, it's 12%.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure where they're getting those numbers, it's 12%.

Well that's actually for all the other teams. Since it's the Bengals, you automatically divide by 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 01:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: [Image: playoffs.gif]

......someone HAD to do it.... Ninja

Lol...
Reply/Quote
This is a really tough spot. Obviously, I want the Bengals to win out and kick some ass in the playoffs. Realistically, Mike Brown is still the owner/GM, Marvelous Marvin is still the Head Coach, and Alexander the Great is still the OLine coach. Couple all of that with Bodine remaining starting center, Ogbhuehi starting left tackle, and Jake Fisher as starting right tackle and we're going to have a worse record than last year. So why not play it out like the Colts did with their "Suck for Luck!".

With the Brown family's track record of proper use of free agency, we're more than a year away with this rebuild. While other teams have proven you can re-build an OLine in a season, they weren't ran by Mike Brown. We all know you don't **** with Mike Brown's Wendy's money. When you also consider our minimalist approach to scouting, it's going to take more than 1 draft to fix the OLine. By then, some of these guys will be past their prime and getting long in the tooth.

I know all of that sounds doom and gloom, but with the holy Bengals trinity of Brown/Lewis/Alexander, it's getting damn near impossible to have any faith in this team.
Reply/Quote