Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the bengals somehow win this game with a backup QB what will you do?
(01-09-2016, 03:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If hue gets the 49ers job there could be a Qb deal depending on how things go

Would Hue try to get Dalton, McCarron, or pry Palmer from the Cardinals?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I fully expect the Bengals to win Tonight against the Steelers.  But after they win...

I still plan to streak down my driveway....

[Image: sports-streakers-2.jpg]
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would Hue try to get Dalton, McCarron, or pry Palmer from the Cardinals?

I know I'm a Dalton guy, but putting my bias aside, I just can't envision many scenarios where the Bengals trade Dalton.

The only way it becomes realistic is if Dalton is out through the playoffs and McCarron goes on an MVP tear, leading this team to a championship.

But for winning 1 playoff game? Or even 2 while playing "ok"? I just can't see it. If you're going to dump a franchise QB for a guy with 5 starts (playoff wins or not), his replacement better have a damn good resume. We've seen guys like Matt Flynn tear up the league for a few games and then disappear completely. If McCarron is the QB for the first playoff win in 25 years, I'm sure he'll be viewed as a hero (one of 53) by the fans. But the organization should be smarter than that. We have McCarron locked up for 2 more years, so no need to make a hasty (and possibly dumb) move.

Btw, I just realized that you might be joking. Obviously Palmer isn't going anywhere. It's almost as silly to mention trading Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I just realized that you might be joking. Obviously Palmer isn't going anywhere. It's almost as silly to mention trading Dalton.

I suppose I'm joking, but we do have to point out that we are all assuming Dalton would be playing significantly better this post-season than the last because he looked better in the regular season.  I know football isn't a one-man game, but if McCarron can do in 1 try what Dalton couldn't do in 4...meh, I wouldn't call the AJ supporters completely delusional.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I suppose I'm joking, but we do have to point out that we are all assuming Dalton would be playing significantly better this post-season than the last because he looked better in the regular season.  I know football isn't a one-man game, but if McCarron can do in 1 try what Dalton couldn't do in 4...meh, I wouldn't call the AJ supporters completely delusional.

Yeah but honestly McCarron will have perfect circumstances. The only time Dalton had a team like this - at home - was 2013. Not to mention that McCarron is playing with house money. No one expects him to win, and the playoff monkey isn't his.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling like this was a special year. If McCarron pulls it off, I sincerely believe Dalton probably would have too. I'm just hoping McCarron pulls out a win and Dalton comes back to get a win against the Pats. I really feel we have a special player in Dalton. Someone who could be a Drew Brees type for 10 more years. That said, he desperately needs to get the playoff monkey off his back. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not to be negative but doesn't sound good for dalton to return against new England if we win. They said he hasn't thrown and would have no idea until atleast wen essay of next week
Reply/Quote
Yeah, tonight either ends with drinking to celebrate or drinking to forget. Though if we put forth a solid effort and lose I'm still proud of the season we had.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 05:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah but honestly McCarron will have perfect circumstances. The only time Dalton had a team like this - at home - was 2013. Not to mention that McCarron is playing with house money. No one expects him to win, and the playoff monkey isn't his.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling like this was a special year. If McCarron pulls it off, I sincerely believe Dalton probably would have too. I'm just hoping McCarron pulls out a win and Dalton comes back to get a win against the Pats. I really feel we have a special player in Dalton. Someone who could be a Drew Brees type for 10 more years. That said, he desperately needs to get the playoff monkey off his back. 

I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing, but let's see...

Yeah but honestly McCarron will have perfect circumstances. The only time Dalton had a team like this - at home - was 2013. 
 - Perfect circumstances?  I guess I can't argue with that.  Still, Dalton had it "perfect" and botched it big time in 2013 and had we won that I would say some validation for Dalton would have been in order.

Not to mention that McCarron is playing with house money. No one expects him to win, and the playoff monkey isn't his.
 - Dalton was playing with house money in 2011, and 2014.  The playoff monkey is (to those in the know) on Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown.  Palmer/Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, Dalton, Dalton, Dalton, and AJ simply seem to be interchangeable cogs in a machine of misery.

Anywho, I don't think AJ is better than Dalton, but I'm also of the mindset that it's awfully convenient for us to decide THE playoff game where Dalton was FOR SURE going to be good enough to win is the one where he just happens to be on the sidelines.  This team seems to have little connection between the regular season and the playoffs, sadly.  2013's 8-0 success at home and great wins against playoff teams didn't translate to even a competent game in the playoffs.  I just need to see SOMETHING to show me otherwise, but until then I fully expect this team to operate at 50-65% efficiency in the playoffs since 1991.

Honestly, I thought even with our usual post-season dropoff we would face the Jets at home and Fitzpatrick would meltdown and we'd win.  I was a bit off, as he melted down under pressure one week early and won't face us.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's ask some OSU fans.

Personally I'll probably be icing a priapism.

That doesn't work. You need to light a match, blow it out, and place the hot match head on your wrist.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 12:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Seeing that I'm truely not expecting a win I will lose my mind. I'll prob hit all the bars near where I live and I'm sure I'm gonna need assistance getting home

Ingredients Nutrition

Yield 20-25 cupcakes Units US [/url] 
[Image: picblOl7e.jpg]
Check Out Our Top Dessert Recipe
[url=http://Dessert.food.com/popular]
Directions
  1. preheat oven to 375f or 150c; line muffin cups with papers.
  2. cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time.
  3. add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt) alternating with milk beat well; stir in vanilla.
  4. divide evenly among pans and bake for 18 minutes. let cool in pans.

Reply/Quote
I'm going straight downtown to party with my city!!! Bar hopping 7th and Walnut for whomever may be downtown!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Get the Texans on the horn for a Dalton trade.

Ouch

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 05:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah but honestly McCarron will have perfect circumstances. The only time Dalton had a team like this - at home - was 2013. Not to mention that McCarron is playing with house money. No one expects him to win, and the playoff monkey isn't his.

Please stop making excuses for Dalton poor playoff performances. Had a great chance in 2012 when our defense out scored our offense in that game.

But the rest of what you said I agree with. Dalton could become a consistent top tier QB in this league. I don't see that he's going anywhere.

Hopefully AJM will help Dalton out and lead the offense to enough points tonight.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 05:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing, but let's see...

Yeah but honestly McCarron will have perfect circumstances. The only time Dalton had a team like this - at home - was 2013. 
 - Perfect circumstances?  I guess I can't argue with that.  Still, Dalton had it "perfect" and botched it big time in 2013 and had we won that I would say some validation for Dalton would have been in order.

Not to mention that McCarron is playing with house money. No one expects him to win, and the playoff monkey isn't his.
 - Dalton was playing with house money in 2011, and 2014.  The playoff monkey is (to those in the know) on Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown.  Palmer/Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, Dalton, Dalton, Dalton, and AJ simply seem to be interchangeable cogs in a machine of misery.

Anywho, I don't think AJ is better than Dalton, but I'm also of the mindset that it's awfully convenient for us to decide THE playoff game where Dalton was FOR SURE going to be good enough to win is the one where he just happens to be on the sidelines.  This team seems to have little connection between the regular season and the playoffs, sadly.  2013's 8-0 success at home and great wins against playoff teams didn't translate to even a competent game in the playoffs.  I just need to see SOMETHING to show me otherwise, but until then I fully expect this team to operate at 50-65% efficiency in the playoffs since 1991.

Honestly, I thought even with our usual post-season dropoff we would face the Jets at home and Fitzpatrick would meltdown and we'd win.  I was a bit off, as he melted down under pressure one week early and won't face us.

I know it looks that way, but I can't shake the feeling that this was the year. He was fantastic all year and fixed so many of the problems that held him back previously (INTs, bad games, play in prime-time, leadership, etc). The one hurdle left was/is the playoffs. It's not only that Dalton was playing his best football, it was also that the rest of the team was so healthy and playing to their potential. I've never felt this confident, even in '13.

Maybe Dalton was playing with house money - to an extent - in 2011 and 2014, but in 2011 he was on the road against a great defense. McCarron is at home against a very vulnerable secondary. In 2014 Dalton was on the road with no receivers. That's why I said it's nearly perfect circumstances for McCarron. That's not to say Dalton didn't choke, especially in '13. 

Btw, saying that this team "operates at 50-65% efficiency in the playoffs" is about as accurate a description as I've seen. How guys like Geno, Dunlap, Nelson, the o-line, Bernard, AJ Green and even Dalton can go from good or even dominant to completely transparent is hard to understand. I've always pinned blame on Marv, but can a HC really cause so many players to disappear or flat out choke? It's amazing really. I don't believe in curses, but damn.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 05:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Please stop making excuses for Dalton poor playoff performances. Had a great chance in 2012 when our defense out scored our offense in that game.

Dalton has sucked in the playoffs. I'm not making excuses so much as pointing out facts and reasons why I feel like this year was his (and the whole team's) best opportunity to get a W. There's no doubt that he (and every other player and coach) have failed in the past and have much to prove. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has sucked in the playoffs. I'm not making excuses so much as pointing out facts and reasons why I feel like this year was his (and the whole team's) best opportunity to get a W. There's no doubt that he (and every other player and coach) have failed in the past and have much to prove. 

I agree that the whole team looked bad, not just Dalton, and this is the best team we've sent into the playoffs since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol dude we are easily the better team even with AJM.   We are also the better coached team.   Players just have to execute.

We are not easily better team.. Pittsburgh has beaten some good teams this year.. Arizona and Denver, we both lost to them so this is no walk over at all. especially when you have a HOF QB on the other side of the ball.. we can win but we are the underdog going in
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 06:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We are not easily better team.. Pittsburgh has beaten some good teams this year.. Arizona and Denver, we both lost to them so this is no walk over at all. especially when you have a HOF QB on the other side of the ball.. we can win but we are the underdog going in

I wouldn't put too much stock in that. -2.5 is virtually a toss up. The only reason the Steelers are favored at all is because action dictated it. The line started as a "pick em".
Reply/Quote