Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If this doesn't get Zac fired what will ?
(10-25-2020, 06:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Somebody should plant 5 or 6 Gatorade's in Zac Taylor car, along with a lock-pick, and send in an annonymous tip to the front office that's he is breaking into the Gatorade that's behind lock and key.

That might me enough to push Mike Brown over the edge.

That or convince Mike that Zac stole his Wendy hamburger sandwiches.  Two-for-one Wendy coupons don't grow on trees, you know.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That or convince Mike that Zac stole his Wendy hamburger sandwiches.  Two-for-one Wendy coupons don't grow on trees, you know.  

They kind of do, since they are made from trees...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I understood the hire at the time, as Del Rio said no and other legitimate candidates were blocked.

We failed to make a move this past offseason when there were more candidates out there, and I didn't have a problem with giving him a second crack at it.

But now, Wade Phillips has stated he wants to be a DC again, and Dan Quinn is available also.  There are legitimate candidates, and the guy we have is clearly not capable of doing the job.

Yep, there's zero reason at this point not to reaching out to those guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Somebody should plant 5 or 6 Gatorade's in Zac Taylor car, along with a lock-pick, and send in an annonymous tip to the front office that's he is breaking into the Gatorade that's behind lock and key.

That might me enough to push Mike Brown over the edge.

For this to work, we need to be sure these are packets of powder, not individual bottles...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I understood the hire at the time, as Del Rio said no and other legitimate candidates were blocked.

We failed to make a move this past offseason when there were more candidates out there, and I didn't have a problem with giving him a second crack at it.

But now, Wade Phillips has stated he wants to be a DC again, and Dan Quinn is available also.  There are legitimate candidates, and the guy we have is clearly not capable of doing the job.
Agreed. I don't think we needed to settle on Lou, though. A young, hungry up and comer from the college ranks would have been better.

Alas, we get a crony....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: Getting swept by the Browns is absolutely embarrassing....

Zac?  This is square on Lou.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, there's zero reason at this point not to reaching out to those guys.

I hear that 'Holivc, but would a person of Wade Phillips' stature  give any serious consideration to coming here?  Could he pick his own assistants at will, or will staffing decisions be based on who's under contract the longest?  I don't know, it just seems unlikely someone like that would choose to  want to work for Mike Brown and the franchise of dysfunction when there are much more astute owners out there who would give him much more latitude.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Watching Jack Del Rio rip through the Cowboys’ offense makes me wonder “what if?”
Reply/Quote
I'll tell you what was stupid so fn stupid on zack's part.. That 4th and inches where Burrow hits Gio for a TD was it.. You gotta defense that gave up a TD on every 2nd half possession and you leave them over 1 minute , where as if you sneak it for the first, you can run the clock out and score... Horrible Horrible in game coaching right there..
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:06 PM)Tony Wrote: I'll tell you what was stupid so fn stupid on zack's part.. That 4th and inches where Burrow hits Gio for a TD was it.. You gotta defense that gave up a TD on every 2nd half possession and you leave them over 1 minute , where as if you sneak it for the first, you can run the clock out and score... Horrible Horrible in game coaching right there..

They wouldn’t have converted. The offense did their job. I don’t get why people point to that. You left the other team O with one minute and no timeouts.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:54 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Why in hell should Lou stay? He was in way over his head when he was named DC....

I can see Lou staying for the same reason he was hired...he's one of the few people on ZT's rolodex.  MB got us ZT got us Sweet Lou...thems the breaks.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: Getting swept by the Browns is absolutely embarrassing....

Zac is not getting fired this year unless Burrow gets carried out on a stretcher because Zac backed over him in the parking lot. Just stop with these threads about him and just accept it and you're aggravation will be lightened. Embrace the suck at least for the rest of 2020. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Burrow gave Zac Taylor a vote of confidence ensuring him another year. Unfortunately.

Lou has to go though... the Bengals FO can't be THAT stupid.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I hear that 'Holivc, but would a person of Wade Phillips' stature  give any serious consideration to coming here?  Could he pick his own assistants at will, or will staffing decisions be based on who's under contract the longest?  I don't know, it just seems unlikely someone like that would choose to  want to work for Mike Brown and the franchise of dysfunction when there are much more astute owners out there who would give him much more latitude.  

People on here need to just stop thinking anyone like Wade Phillips, Jack DelRio, et.al., will EVER come to Cincinnati as long as Mike Brown is in charge. They would demand player and personnel control Mike will NEVER relinquish. Maybe when Katie and Troy and in charge, but that’s relying on them accepting that Dad’s way is a proven failure. That’s a big ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:08 PM)bjf123 Wrote: People on here need to just stop thinking anyone like Wade Phillips, Jack DelRio, et.al., will EVER come to Cincinnati as long as Mike Brown is in charge. They would demand player and personnel control Mike will NEVER relinquish. Maybe when Katie and Troy and in charge, but that’s relying on them accepting that Dad’s way is a proven failure. That’s a big ask.

Umm...  coordinators don't ever get to demand player or personnel control, anywhere.
Reply/Quote
There's a lineage to who is to blame. Ownership will never put it on themselves, so we have the players, the coordinators and the head coach. Blame has to start somewhere. They will do players first. Zac knows that if the coordinators go, and the sucking continues, he is the only one left to blame. So nothing happens unless he feels a firing is imminent.
Reply/Quote
Yet another crazy ass stat demonstrating how many different ways they're finding to lose in the last couple of years:

They're finding ways to defy the odds when it comes to losing, like being absolutely terrible when scoring first. Only 7 teams (and 2 of them are just 1 under 500) have a losing record when scoring first over the past 2 years, and of those teams, the Bengals are the only one with less than 3 wins...1-10, an .091 win %.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Umm...  coordinators don't ever get to demand player or personnel control, anywhere.

Umm... I’m talking about them coming here here to be head coach. Even if the come here as a coordinator, they’ll be thinking about taking over as HC, and won’t do that here.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yet another crazy ass stat demonstrating how many different ways they're finding to lose in the last couple of years:

They're finding ways to defy the odds when it comes to losing, like being absolutely terrible when scoring first. Only 7 teams (and 2 of them are just 1 under 500) have a losing record when scoring first over the past 2 years, and of those teams, the Bengals are the only one with less than 3 wins...1-10, an .091 win %.

Statistician: "We have never seen such a level of failure"
Bengals: "Hold my bottle of milk."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:20 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Umm... I’m talking about them coming here here to be head coach. Even if the come here as a coordinator, they’ll be thinking about taking over as HC, and won’t do that here.

No, that is why there has been so much conversation about Wade Phillips.  He doesn't want to be a HC.  He wants to be a DC.
Reply/Quote