Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we decide to move on from Marvin..
Can't remember if Marvins contract is up this year or next year, but either way who would you like to see as our next HC? I like Bill Lazor. I think he is a good one. I bet he gets alot of HC offers after this season. He's one of those guys we shouldn't let walk for Marvin again (Mike Zimmer)..What do you guys think of Lazor? I think we should run a little more since we have a great RB but other than that I like the way our offense has been, somewhat.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 01:19 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Can't remember if Marvins contract is up this year or next year, but either way who would you like to see as our next HC? I like Bill Lazor. I think he is a good one. I bet he gets alot of HC offers after this season. He's one of those guys we shouldn't let walk for Marvin again (Mike Zimmer)..What do you guys think of Lazor? I think we should run a little more since we have a great RB but other than that I like the way our offense has been, somewhat.

Lewis has another year I believe.  Lazor would be good.  Maybe someone new would be available though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When measured against the top teams in the league, the Bengals brand of football comes up short. Promoting from within would seem to perpetuate that, so I'm against Lazor taking over. Let's see how good of an offense he can build before we move on from him like that.

I don't see an obvious candidate to replace Marvin just hanging around. But it sure would seem appropriate for Katie and the boys to already have a covert search committee formed, looking at all possibilities. Never fear going after the best; you'll rarely be disappointed.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 03:54 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: When measured against the top teams in the league, the Bengals brand of football comes up short. Promoting from within would seem to perpetuate that, so I'm against Lazor taking over. Let's see how good of an offense he can build before we move on from him like that.

I don't see an obvious candidate to replace Marvin just hanging around. But it sure would seem appropriate for Katie and the boys to already have a covert search committee formed, looking at all possibilities. Never fear going after the best; you'll rarely be disappointed.

Problem is the best coaching candidates are not going to put up with Mike’s delusional front office, free agency, and GM notions. Especially when set against the other jobs that are bound to be open at the same time. Cincinnati is not a destination city, nor is it a storied franchise. Combine that with a Luddite owner/GM and it’s hard to get a top candidate signed.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 04:07 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Problem is the best coaching candidates are not going to put up with Mike’s delusional front office, free agency, and GM notions.   Especially when set against the other jobs that are bound to be open at the same time.  Cincinnati is not a destination city, nor is it a storied franchise.  Combine that with a Luddite owner/GM and it’s hard to get a top candidate signed.

You won't get a peep out of me against that. Can't say I know anyone who believes all Mike brown has to do is pick up the phone, and bring in the next SB winning head coach! I was just sort of daydreaming what my grandchildren might experience some day  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 04:18 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: You won't get a peep out of me against that. Can't say I know anyone who believes all Mike brown has to do is pick up the phone, and bring in the next SB winning head coach! I was just sort of daydreaming what my grandchildren might experience some day  Ninja

I try not to daydream because I know how it usually works out. Totally opposite of what I hoped. If this was my daydream it would end up with my grandchildren’s fandom getting stomped on by MBs grandchildren and experiencing the exact same result as we do year to year. LMAO

Reply/Quote
I would prefer someone outside our office for the next HC, Im fine with retaining Lazor and compensating him well to stay.

My ideal candidate is young, offensive minded and energetic, does McVay have a brother? lol
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'm hiring from the outside. Maybe the Rams OC.

Moot point though as Marvin's signed through next season. We could go 5-11 and they'll keep him.
Reply/Quote
I think it will be an outsider and someone not currently on the radar...if it ever happens

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 09:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: I would prefer someone outside our office for the next HC, Im fine with retaining Lazor and compensating him well to stay.

My ideal candidate is young, offensive minded and energetic, does McVay have a brother?  lol

no but Jon Gruden does  (;
Reply/Quote
No to hiring from within. I want an outsider, and a completely new staff of said outsider’s choosing.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 04:18 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: You won't get a peep out of me against that. Can't say I know anyone who believes all Mike brown has to do is pick up the phone, and bring in the next SB winning head coach! I was just sort of daydreaming what my grandchildren might experience some day  Ninja

Maybe Katie will run a more modern front office? That’s the best hope for success and a quality hire. All NFL teams are moneymakers; it’s a testament to the league’s popularity and revenue structure. Rational thought would extend the notion that fielding the best possible team yearly would increase revenues through increased demand for tickets, apparel, seat licenses, event hosting, etc. Problem is Katie’s learned from the “master” of miserly behavior for so long that history may continue to repeat itself. Katie has to see the Mike Brown way has been a failure in the only way that matters: winning Championships!
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
The good news is that neither Mikey nor Marvin have become immune to death although it's certainly seemed like it for the past several years. I'm not suggesting that anyone kill them, but sending them a box of live rats infected with bubonic plague would go a long way to bringing a championship to Cincinnati  .  Really. Don't do it. You'll probably get charged with terrorism related charges.. Is a championship worth life in prison? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 01:19 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Can't remember if Marvins contract is up this year or next year, but either way who would you like to see as our next HC? I like Bill Lazor. I think he is a good one. I bet he gets alot of HC offers after this season. He's one of those guys we shouldn't let walk for Marvin again (Mike Zimmer)..What do you guys think of Lazor? I think we should run a little more since we have a great RB but other than that I like the way our offense has been, somewhat.

Yeah, Lazor is my vote right now as far as in the house.

As has been said, Marv has one more year on his contract though.

If we don't make the Playoffs he should be out though and Lazor should be the HC next year and be able to pick a new
DC and LB coach who are obviously our worst coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 12:17 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Maybe Katie will run a more modern front office?  That’s the best hope for success and a quality hire.  All NFL teams are moneymakers; it’s a testament to the league’s popularity and revenue structure.  Rational thought would extend the notion that fielding the best possible team yearly would increase revenues through increased demand for tickets, apparel, seat licenses, event hosting, etc.  Problem is Katie’s learned from the “master” of miserly behavior for so long that history may continue to repeat itself.  Katie has to see the Mike Brown way has been a failure in the only way that matters:  winning Championships!

Katie will run a different front office, every person is different. There is no way of telling what she will do, although it would seem safe to assume she does not 'think she knows a lot about football' like Mikey does. If she is as smart as she seems, she should be smart enough to put the right people in the right spots in the organization. She can manage the cap, the cash and the contracts, the rest is left to football people.

There is no way of knowing her own personal motivation towards winning a SB , being elite or making money. Only time will tell on that. Even knowing what she thinks now may not be that useful as people change or can change once they are actually handed over the power of an organization.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Well to me, does lazor look like a superbowl winning coach? My answer is no i cant see it,so id look elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
I think if Jim Harbaugh wins the Big 10 he'll look to return to the pros. I hate him on the opponents sideline, so I'd most likely love him on ours.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think if Jim Harbaugh wins the Big 10 he'll look to return to the pros. I hate him on the opponents sideline, so I'd most likely love him on ours.

I kinda' agree with this.  But I think we'll be stuck with Merv.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 09:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: My ideal candidate is young, offensive minded and energetic

Sounds like you're describing.... Lazor
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think if Jim Harbaugh wins the Big 10 he'll look to return to the pros. I hate him on the opponents sideline, so I'd most likely love him on ours.

I would pay to be in a room with Harbaugh and Mike Brown. I would love to hear their football philosophies and how they differ. 

Marvin and Mike Brown are such player coach/Gms ......  Harbaugh seems to rub people the wrong way which I think this organization could really use.
Reply/Quote