Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we decide to move on from Marvin..
I know two former Bengal coaches looking for jobs, Paul “The Maestro” Alexander and Hue “Expert in Dysfunctional Organizations” Jackson.............NOT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 01:19 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Can't remember if Marvins contract is up this year or next year, but either way who would you like to see as our next HC? I like Bill Lazor. I think he is a good one. I bet he gets alot of HC offers after this season. He's one of those guys we shouldn't let walk for Marvin again (Mike Zimmer)..What do you guys think of Lazor? I think we should run a little more since we have a great RB but other than that I like the way our offense has been, somewhat.

Lazor has done  good job, all in all.  But, like our last several OC's, he hasn't found a way to overcome the Bengals propensity for going to sleep in the third quarter.  He is also too pass happy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The real reason I wanted to see Marvin out last year is because I didn't want Mike Brown to be tempted to hire Hue Jackson. Don't kid yourself if Marvin finally leaves next year, Hue Jackson will be the front runner to replace him.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:15 AM)McC Wrote: Lazor has done  good job, all in all.  But, like our last several OC's, he hasn't found a way to overcome the Bengals propensity for going to sleep in the third quarter.  He is also too pass happy.

Dalton is playing great this year. Boyd has developed. Those are the big endorsements I can give to Lazor and Van Pelt.

That said...our offense is ranked something like 24. It just shows that you can only do so much with a below average offensive line. The Bengals did try to address it with Glenn and Price, but Price got hurt and Glenn hasn't played well.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dalton is playing great this year. Boyd has developed. Those are the big endorsements I can give to Lazor and Van Pelt.

That said...our offense is ranked something like 24. It just shows that you can only do so much with a below average offensive line. The Bengals did try to address it with Glenn and Price, but Price got hurt and Glenn hasn't played well.

If they hope to have any chance with our current core they're going to have to do A LOT more and better addressing this off season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's a dumb reason to not pick a coach. There plenty of reasons not to like Hue (mainly his record) but not something from a TV show.

But but he was snoddy to todd haley, i didnt like that hes mean!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dalton is playing great this year. Boyd has developed. Those are the big endorsements I can give to Lazor and Van Pelt.

A point that gets overlooked more often than not. Plus the fact that the production from the TE group comes nowhere near what the plan was heading into the season. Hate to keep piling on, but who here saw the complete dysfunction from the LB group?

(11-06-2018, 12:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If they hope to have any chance with our current core they're going to have to do A LOT more and better addressing this off season.

Yeah, we had more to fix than what was available during the last off-season. IF we get healthy from this year's injury malaise, and continue upgrading next off-season (where we left off this year), then we're looking at the contender we've all wanted to see..... for next year. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 01:19 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Can't remember if Marvins contract is up this year or next year, but either way who would you like to see as our next HC? I like Bill Lazor. I think he is a good one. I bet he gets alot of HC offers after this season. He's one of those guys we shouldn't let walk for Marvin again (Mike Zimmer)..What do you guys think of Lazor? I think we should run a little more since we have a great RB but other than that I like the way our offense has been, somewhat.

What specifically about Bill Lazor gives you confidence he'd be a good HC? Is it because his offense has been pretty good? If so, that's probably not the right way to think about it because we know that just because someone is a good coordinator it doesn't mean he will be a good HC. HC is more about clock management, motivating the team, etc. and less with the playcalling itself.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
1. Hire Josh McDaniels as our new HC

2. Somehow get a new owner

3. Just win baby!

But in reality, it's gonna be Marv. I feel like we are a lot like the Redskins.. just fine with the mediocre runs. We are more successful sure, but there's only been 2 years in recent memory I felt like we were a powerhouse. One was in 2015 (and I don't think we were the best team, but we can fight), and in 2005 (truly thought we had a shot).

The other thing that sucks is that there are two GOLDEN opportunities at HC jobs that look wayyyyy better than ours: Green Bay, and Cleveland.

Green Bay because you'd get some years of Rodgers, and GB is always a special place. Cleveland because you get the young QB and some young talent, and have a chance to be the savior.

Us? Our best players are in their 30s, and, IMO, would need a big culture change before we can go anywhere meaningful.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If they hope to have any chance with our current core they're going to have to do A LOT more and better addressing this off season.

Won't happen, you will hear 'we are at the cap and have to sign our own' plus you have the tree sloth Mikey who can only handle so much 'new player movement' at once
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 07:31 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Won't happen, you will hear 'we are at the cap and have to sign our own' plus you have the tree sloth Mikey who can only handle so much 'new player movement' at once

That's my fear to be honest. Trying to retain some hope though. Perhaps this past off season where they finally dipped a big toe into the waters of change will parlay into a full dive ?
Reply/Quote
They are actually starting to waive players that underperform too. That's something that they didn't do much of before.
Reply/Quote
If it were up to me, I'd get Jim Harbaugh in here and I wouldn't let him leave without a contract. The guy's a clown on the sideline, but he took a bottom-feeding 49ers franchise and led them to three straight NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance.

Having said that, it would never happen.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
John H might be available after the season
Reply/Quote
As shake-n-Blake pointed out there are only 32 of these jobs so job security would go a long way in getting a top coach looking to make the move to head coach. As far as OC and DC go we have had a few of our OC and DC move on to head coaching jobs recently so that would draw guys here that are looking to move to head coach as well and cant seem to get an offer. This last offseason we picked up a few really good coaches so I do not think coaches shy away from taking a job here at all.
Reply/Quote

Marvin is signed thru 2019. No way Mikey is paying two head coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 03:33 PM)thillan Wrote: 1. Hire Josh McDaniels as our new HC

2. Somehow get a new owner

3. Just win baby!

But in reality, it's gonna be Marv. I feel like we are a lot like the Redskins.. just fine with the mediocre runs. We are more successful sure, but there's only been 2 years in recent memory I felt like we were a powerhouse. One was in 2015 (and I don't think we were the best team, but we can fight), and in 2005 (truly thought we had a shot).

The other thing that sucks is that there are two GOLDEN opportunities at HC jobs that look wayyyyy better than ours: Green Bay, and Cleveland.

Green Bay because you'd get some years of Rodgers, and GB is always a special place. Cleveland because you get the young QB and some young talent, and have a chance to be the savior.

Us? Our best players are in their 30s, and, IMO, would need a big culture change before we can go anywhere meaningful.

dude I don't care how much perceived talent is in Cleveland...  Its not anything close to a Golden opportunity.
Reply/Quote
Some of you guys are fools.

I remember soo many people here on this website and the mothership bengals.com stating to get Jon Gruden.

Now, can't here a peep from you fools.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Jon Gruden is a complete failure for the Raiders, as he gives away the few talent the Raiders have.

I might be wrong, but was it a $100 Million contract for 5 years. Damn, some of you guys were stupid. :paul:
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 07:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude I don't care how much perceived talent is in Cleveland...  Its not anything close to a Golden opportunity.

It’s a golden opportunity in terms of becoming the one to finally turn them around. And Baker and Myles Garrett are good young pieces.

(11-08-2018, 07:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Some of you guys are fools.

I remember soo many people here on this website and the mothership bengals.com stating to get Jon Gruden.

Now, can't here a peep from you fools.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Jon Gruden is a complete failure for the Raiders, as he gives away the few talent the Raiders have.

I might be wrong, but was it a $100 Million contract for 5 years. Damn, some of you guys were stupid. :paul:

“Can’t here a peep from you fools.” Lol

Yeah Gruden here would’ve been horrible. And it’s 10 years for $100 mil
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 07:25 PM)thillan Wrote: It’s a golden opportunity in terms of becoming the one to finally turn them around. And Baker and Myles Garrett are good young pieces.

“Can’t here a peep from you fools.” Lol

Yeah Gruden here would’ve been horrible. And it’s 10 years for $100 mil

Yeah , like Mikey would pay him one third of that.
Reply/Quote