Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching
(12-18-2016, 10:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you're going to get out, do it while you're young.  The rest of us are into 26 years of futility.

Try 47!  Things were tolerable and somewhat exciting until Paul Brown died!

It's been all downhill since then.
Reply/Quote
Can't we just blame this crappy season on Chad and TO, too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you're going to get out, do it while you're young.  The rest of us are into 26 years of futility.

I've been thinking also maybe I'm just going through a stage right now but I'm just tried of this team leaving me pissed off after every season. Maybe I need to speak with the older fans and see how they got through these troubling times. It's depressing honestly every where I go people are clowning the bengals and it gets pretty annoying so I sit and ask myself why am I fan still? And I honestly don't know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you're going to get out, do it while you're young.  The rest of us are into 26 years of futility.

Yes, for those of us that are too far gone, well...

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:33 PM)Clappington Wrote: I've been thinking also maybe I'm just going through a stage right now but I'm just tried of this team leaving me pissed off after every season. Maybe I need to speak with the older fans and see how they got through these troubling times. It's depressing honestly every where I go people are clowning the bengals and it gets pretty annoying so I sit and ask myself why am I fan still?  And I honestly don't know why.

Being a Bengal fan isn't easy.  I've been a fan since the late '70s.  Many here have been fans since day one back in '68.  We've all suffered to some extent now for going on three decades.  At least in the '80s there was some promise, a few SB appearances to hang your hat on, at least.  I was a kid then but I thought it would always be like that and we'd win a SB in a matter of a few years.  The rest is history.

There are plenty of people around these parts that could have been - or maybe at one time even were - Bengals fans, but they're Cowboys, Packers or Steelers fans now.  The mall was full of them today.  Being a front-runner is like falling out of a boat and hitting water.  That's why so many choose that path.  Being a Bengals fan is not for the faint-hearted or the impatient.  

Choose your path wisely.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
you just watch and don't expect anything more than what you've seen.

browns fans still watch their games.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:47 PM)Stormborn Wrote: you just watch and don't expect anything more than what you've seen.

browns fans still watch their games.

Was walking through the mall today and overhead two Browns fans pass one another.  "Today's the day," one yelled at the other, and the other guy laughed and agreed.  They then went home and watched their team get thumped by Buffalo to go 0-14.  Bet they'll be watching next week, too.  That's what fans do.  Like you said, you just lower your expectations.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The thing that kills me about Marvin is his inability to take advantage of leads. If we go up by 10 or more the play calling changes.
Marvinball is real and you cannot win football games playing the gentleman angle that no one else adheres to.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just blame this crappy season on Chad and TO, too?

Obviously their fault too.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:04 PM)MC Howley Wrote: Cya. And....

[Image: Reaction-Pic---nobody-cares.jpg]

You obviously don't care living in Chicago

Don't even know why your worried about being funny on a message board

You need to go get some body armor to walk out your crappy house

How does it feel to know that your whole city is killing itself and 90% of its youth look up to a mentally challenged gangbanger who isn't gangster and made only 1 good song?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Once the season is over...Bengal fans will get all interested in the draft. They'll do mock drafts to fill every need. C, 2 LB, S, RT, etc.

What they won't consider is that MAYBE 1 of those guys will be a starter in 2-3 years. Most of those guys will never be more than a special teams player.

Lol. You're right...

We get excited about the draft because the FO and Giggles NEVER pick up anyone decent via free agency.

One more reason the entire FO needs to go...Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:33 PM)Clappington Wrote: I've been thinking also maybe I'm just going through a stage right now but I'm just tried of this team leaving me pissed off after every season. Maybe I need to speak with the older fans and see how they got through these troubling times. It's depressing honestly every where I go people are clowning the bengals and it gets pretty annoying so I sit and ask myself why am I fan still?  And I honestly don't know why.

You think it's bad now, you shoulda been here for the 90s! LMAO 

In all seriousness, the Llama gave you good, sound advice.  It's early enough for a guy like you, the rest of us are stuck.  I always secretly pulled for the Bucs and Saints due to legitimately feeling sorry for them, because when I was a youngster, I thought there was no way in hell those two losers would ever even play in a Super Bowl, let alone win one before us.  Well, just look at us now.... Mellow .  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

26 years  Hilarious!! "In our day it was barefoot through the snow and uphill both ways."... Smirk Try 38 on for size.

I reckon it's a good thing that I like lemonade. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Being a Bengal fan isn't easy.  I've been a fan since the late '70s.  Many here have been fans since day one back in '68.  We've all suffered to some extent now for going on three decades.  At least in the '80s there was some promise, a few SB appearances to hang your hat on, at least.  I was a kid then but I thought it would always be like that and we'd win a SB in a matter of a few years.  The rest is history.

There are plenty of people around these parts that could have been - or maybe at one time even were - Bengals fans, but they're Cowboys, Packers or Steelers fans now.  The mall was full of them today.  Being a front-runner is like falling out of a boat and hitting water.  That's why so many choose that path.  Being a Bengals fan is not for the faint-hearted or the impatient.  

Choose your path wisely.  

Well stated.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:34 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: The thing that kills me about Marvin is his inability to take advantage of leads. If we go up by 10 or more the play calling changes.
Marvinball is real and you cannot win football games playing the gentleman angle that no one else adheres to.

So true ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah after 26+ years of not winning a playoff games...people will quit watching if they don't fire the coach.  Hilarious

I was going to quit watching after 20 years, but hey, I figured I'd give it another 10 or so.   
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:45 PM)Housh Wrote: More power to you and you are truely a better than me. I'm 25 and iv loved Bengals my whole life but you can't love something that don't even wanna get better. This season has been an embarrassment and if we don't fire Marvin I'm literally not giving this team a 49th chance. Last offseason I literally couldn't even trick myself into getting excited. With losing to Pitt today and the state of this front office I just can't anymore. I'll give them one more chance to fire Marvin this offseason and if they don't I'm not watching any more Bengals games. I used to live in Tacoma Washington and it's a nice FO and fan base over there and Sherman is my fave player not on the Bengals.

I know someone is gonna say bye in that asshole tone but idc anymore.

I'm deleting this account if we don't fire Marvin Lewis. After 15 years it's clear to everyone but MB that he sucks. He'll never get another head coachin g job in the NFL after he leaves us

Iv tried to treat everyone with at least fake respect here so hopefully no one feels the need to destroy me. But I was on the old boards for a long time and now these boards and if you can tell anything you should be able to tell how big a fan I am of this team.

But it's at the point now where I gotta let go. I'd rather not watch football than root for the Bengals. I love football so the only other option is to pick another team

I don't think that's accurate. Perennial bottom feeders like Jacksonville seem like good landing spots. Fans just want to see continued progression, and Marvin has taken this team as far as possible. However, he could really improve Jacksonville in a not-so-great division.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

What are you going to do about the fact that your own life is mediocre?  Kill yourself?  Are you never going to get married if your wife is a supermodel?  If your kids are not number one in their class and win the State Championship every year are you going to disown them?

If you are going to just give up and abandon everything in your life that is not the best in the world then you are going to be miserable forever.

Being a quitter is easy, but not very satisfying.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:34 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: The thing that kills me about Marvin is his inability to take advantage of leads. If we go up by 10 or more the play calling changes.

Please list all of the games we have lost because we blew a 10 point lead due to play calling.

And last Sunday does not count because our offense was shut down in the second half even when we were close or behind.  It was not due to a change in play calling.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Think about this: The Bengals haven't won a single playoff game since you've been alive. Not 1.

That's not even mediocre.

The Bengals need to think about this.  They are going to continue to lose fans for this reason if they don't do something to improve.  And I get it.  At least they went to two superbowls during my lifetime.  Many fans haven't seen one playoff win.
Reply/Quote