Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching
(12-27-2016, 06:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote:  And now  I suppose you will tell me about coaches who had to be hired last year because better coaches left and tout that as "change".  

No.  Now I am going to tell you about Leslie Frazier, Chuck Bresnehan, Bob Bratkowski, and Jeff Fitzgerald.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals are light years away from being competitive. I watched lots of other teams this year just to compare and as much as I love Cincinnati -- and I'll always love my hometown Reds and Bengals -- I have to sadly admit not even the best Marvin Lewis teams had a chance in the playoffs. None.

This just is not true at all.
Reply/Quote
Do you all realize what an amazing genius Mike Brown must be to make the playoffs so often WITHOUT EVEN TRYING?

Just think of how hard all the other owners are trying, and very few of them have had as much success as Mike Brown over the past efw years.

It takes an amazing team to make the playoffs 5 years in a row without even trying when so many other teams are trying as hard as they can and failing.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true at all.

What does 0-7 mean to you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:18 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
What does 0-7 mean to you?

It means that sometimes the other team has more talen or it could mean that one team just got a few more breaks.

Do you think that Hue jackson is by far the worst head coach in the league?

when the Bengal beat the Patriots was it because Marvin outcoached Belichick.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It means that sometimes the other team has more talen or it could mean that one team just got a few more breaks.

Who's fault is it that our team hasn't been as talented then? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Against the perennial AFC powerhouses Pittsburgh, Denver, and New England, Marvin Lewis is a combined 11-32.  That's no way to get to the Super Bowl, much less win it.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Against the perennial AFC powerhouses Pittsburgh, Denver, and New England, Marvin Lewis is a combined 11-32.  That's no way to get to the Super Bowl, much less win it.

Here's some more: 12-22-1, 1-17 & 8-22.

During this playoff run (2011-15), he's 12-22-1 vs playoff teams. 

He's also 1-17 on the road in primetime games. 

And finally he's 8-22 vs Pitt while only winning two of those games on your home turf. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If the question is "How do you continue watching if Marvin Lewis returns?"Well the answer is simple, with enough alcohol to kill an elephant pumping through your veins. The blackouts make the bad play calls and crap coaching much easier to tolerate since you only have to read about them after the fact. But, that's just my strategy for dealinWg with Marvin and Mike Brown's bumbling, fumbling ways it may not be for everyone.

I actually never drink when I'm watching football.  Maybe I should start.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(12-28-2016, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It means that sometimes the other team has more talen or it could mean that one team just got a few more breaks.

(12-28-2016, 12:58 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Here's some more: 12-22-1, 1-17 & 8-22.

During this playoff run (2011-15), he's 12-22-1 vs playoff teams. 

He's also 1-17 on the road in primetime games. 

And finally he's 8-22 vs Pitt while only winning two of those games on your home turf. 

Fred, can you please explain what other team in the NFL would keep a HC for a 15th year with the HORRIBLE stats listed above?  I get it, I really do.  Marv is pretty good at 1pm against .500 or worse teams.  And you are cool with that.  They did good enough to squeek into a few wild card games before being completely outcoached and embarrassed and along the way they tied an nfl record for most incompetent playoff team in nfl history.  Awesome!  You are cool with that too.  Why?
Reply/Quote
To put it bluntly & I realize we have no say in the matter, I'd bet most Bengal fans want Marvin to GTHO. Do you think Marvin realizes that or just doesn't care what we think.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: To put it bluntly & I realize we have no say in the matter, I'd bet most Bengal fans want Marvin to GTHO. Do you think Marvin realizes that or just doesn't care what we think.

It's both. That's the nature of being a head coach. You're always going to be one of the first people looked at, by the fans, when things go bad. Football coaches have an ego, you have to in order to hold this position. There's not one coach who really cares what the fans say at all.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Fred, can you please explain what other team in the NFL would keep a HC for a 15th year with the HORRIBLE stats listed above?  I get it, I really do.  Marv is pretty good at 1pm against .500 or worse teams.  And you are cool with that.  They did good enough to squeek into a few wild card games before being completely outcoached and embarrassed and along the way they tied an nfl record for most incompetent playoff team in nfl history.  Awesome!  You are cool with that too.  Why?

Why are you saying that I am cool with this when I have agreed it is time for Marvin to go?

But making the playoffs five years in a row is not embarrassing.  The 12-22-1 record against playoff teams is actually the 12th best record in the league.  There is nothing "horrible" or "embarrassing" about having a record better than 20 other NFL teams.

It is funny how people now claim that the '11 season was a complete failure of coaching when at the time it was considered a great job of getting a team predicted to be the worst in the league to the postseason with a rookie QB, a first time NFL OC, and no offseason minicamps or OTAs.  And if you eliminate the '11 season then only 6 teams in the entire league have a better record against playoff teams than the Bengals.  Since '12 only four other teams in the league have a better record against teams that finished with a winning record than the Bengals

I was always very upset that we could not win a playoff game, but at least I appreciated the fact that Marvin was putting up one of the better records in the league against playoff teams.  I wanted more, but I just did not see many other head coaching candidates that looked like they could do a better job than Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote:  There's not one coach who really cares what the fans say at all.

This X 1000.

So many people here claim they could call plays better than an NFL OC or predict every play the Bengals run based on juast the formation, but none of this is true at all.  Everyone here would be embarrassed in a film room with a coach from the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please list all of the games we have lost because we blew a 10 point lead due to play calling.

And last Sunday does not count because our offense was shut down in the second half even when we were close or behind.  It was not due to a change in play calling.

It's the overall feel of the offense.

The team came out with a spark quite a few times this season then seemed to be just trying to hang on in the second half of games.
If you want to argue MarvinBall isn't real that's fine but at the same time the lack of adjustments and careening towards conservative play calling in the second half of games cannot be ignored unless you just are looking to argue on a Message Board.  In your case it could easily be the latter.
Reply/Quote