Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If we lose to Josh Johnson
Playing at home, for the division, with our future MVP QB feeling great,
+ Mixon, Chase, Tee and TB…..all healthy … and playing against a depleted secondary …

vs

Their 3rd string QB

What excuse would you consider “acceptable”?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:31 AM)Whacked Wrote: Playing at home, for the division, with our future MVP QB feeling great,
+ Mixon, Chase, Tee and TB…..all healthy … and playing against a depleted secondary …

vs

Their 3rd string QB

There is no excuse. If they lose this game, Zac should be fired immediately after the final whistle. Ninja

But seriously, this is the same team that lost to the Jets and the Bears. This is against another backup (3rd string) QB. I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if Baltimore pulls off the upset.
Reply/Quote
Since it's an any given Sunday league, while it would be a huge letdown, it would not be a shock. Cleveland just went into Green Bay all hobbled with injury, Mayfield threw 4 picks, and they still almost beat the Packers. If Stefanskie would have committed to running the ball with Chubb, they would have won that game.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Since it's an any given Sunday league, while it would be a huge letdown, it would not be a shock. Cleveland just went into Green Bay all hobbled with injury, Mayfield threw 4 picks, and they still almost beat the Packers. If Stefanskie would have committed to running the ball with Chubb, they would have won that game.

This.  It appears the Bengals are without Reader, and that is a huge loss.  If I were Harbaugh, I would pull the playbook out from his brother and run power formations all day.  I don't care if I only get 3 ypc, just move the chains.  Almost like an option team.  I could see them not letting the QB run, since he is one of the only healthy QBs on the roster, but the defense would need to shut it down like they did early against SF but avoid the stupid turnovers.

Very happy Cleveland lost, and then if KC mauls pitt today (they should), and the Bengals win today (also should) then they are in a great position with two games left. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  It appears the Bengals are without Reader, and that is a huge loss.  If I were Harbaugh, I would pull the playbook out from his brother and run power formations all day.  I don't care if I only get 3 ypc, just move the chains.  Almost like an option team.  I could see them not letting the QB run, since he is one of the only healthy QBs on the roster, but the defense would need to shut it down like they did early against SF but avoid the stupid turnovers.

Very happy Cleveland lost, and then if KC mauls pitt today (they should), and the Bengals win today (also should) then they are in a great position with two games left. 

I definitely agree. Baltimore should pound the rock but the Bengals should be able to stop it. I am pretty sure the Ravens are hurting on the offensive line as well (maybe ever position). This should be a great week for us Bengals fans!
Reply/Quote
I want Taylor to succeed but I really think he handcuffs this team from reaching its full potential. But I think we are stuck with him for at least next season at this point even if we lose out. As for excuses in this game I don't think there are any excuses. The playoffs on the line at home and against a beyond hobbled Ravens team. Losing Reader really hurts but with the Ravens already depleted secondary having players on the covid list this offense should be feasting all day. This may be a game the offense needs to win so if that fails to happen then the blame should fall squarely on Zac Taylor I'm just not sure that will matter if he does fail.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:13 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I want Taylor to succeed but I really think he handcuffs this team from reaching its full potential. But I think we are stuck with him for at least next season at this point even if we lose out. As for excuses in this game I don't think there are any excuses. The playoffs on the line at home and against a beyond hobbled Ravens team. Losing Reader really hurts but with the Ravens already depleted secondary having players on the covid list this offense should be feasting all day. This may be a game the offense needs to win so if that fails to happen then the blame should fall squarely on Zac Taylor I'm just not sure that will matter if he does fail.

My sentients exactly.

A solid coach would be game-planning around exposing Josh’s weaknesses and overall lackluster status. Not that tall of a task.

We should absolutely win this game w their #1 and #2 QB out.

Not doing so screams Taylor incompetence; notwithstanding the players’ inabilities to perform.

For this particular game and all of variables discussed above, no excuse is acceptable.
Reply/Quote
Agree that there are no excuses but that doesn’t mean it’s an automatic win. The last thing the Bengals should be doing is thinking this is an easy W. Ravens will be out there playing hard. They remember that they got smoked last time and they’re need to win today just as much as the Bengals do. Come out focused, execute and the Bengals will win but that’s easier said than done with this team.
Reply/Quote
I think JB is going to be free to pick their secondary apart at will in this one. If Mixon can get going it's knocking the rat turds out of contention..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:31 AM)Whacked Wrote: Playing at home, for the division, with our future MVP QB feeling great,

vs

Their 3rd string QB

Don't even think of "excuses" unless JB, TB, #1 and Higgins are all out before game time..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You would think that Baltimore is going to try and shorten the game....run the ball a lot and be conservative. They have a great fg kicker also. Rarely would I say we need to hit them early and try to run it up, but this is the game to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: You would think that Baltimore is going to try and shorten the game....run the ball a lot and be conservative. They have a great fg kicker also. Rarely would I say we need to hit them early and try to run it up, but this is the game to do it.

They will run the ball a lot with DJ Reader being absent this week

I also believe they will test Eli Apple deep today
Reply/Quote

vs

Their 3rd string QB

It is the NFL, yes we should win. But, look back at teh Bengal's losses and it was because of bad turnovers. If we play mistake free football, I don't think we lose this game. But if we makes mistakes like we did against the Browns, Chargers, Bears, Packers (missed field goals), Jets and 49ers then we could easily lose the game.

The Ravens will not go down easily, they are well coached and champions. I am no fan of John H., but serioulsy the job he has done in the face of all o the injuries is nothing short of greatness.

I do think we are the better team right now, I just don't know whey we have played so poorly at home. Hope3fully, we fix that today.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Didn’t Josh Johnson play with bengals a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:23 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Didn’t Josh Johnson play with bengals a couple years ago.

Yup..Andy's backup for a year or so..

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:52 AM)Whacked Wrote: My sentients exactly.

A solid coach would be game-planning around exposing Josh’s weaknesses and overall lackluster status. Not that tall of a task.

We should absolutely win this game w their #1 and #2 QB out.

Not doing so screams Taylor incompetence; notwithstanding the players’ inabilities to perform.  

For this particular game and all of variables discussed above, no excuse is acceptable.

I was not happy with Taylor his first 2 years. But, now fans like you act like we have the best roster in the NFL. We don't, but what we did have is a coach that took a lousy roster and team into playoff contention in year 3.

Why not wait for the outcome versus predicting the demise? If they win today, they could lose the last 2 games and have a shot at the playoffs still as Browns play Steelers next week and Ravens play the Rams.

Win today and we have a great shot at winning the division, something no one in this forum predicted looking at the tough AFCN division prior to the season started. We had a QB coming off major knee surgeyy who just now seems to be almost 100%, but WTH, ltrash ZT all you want, that is what the interent is all about for some.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: You would think that Baltimore is going to try and shorten the game....run the ball a lot and be conservative.  They have a great fg kicker also.  Rarely would I say we need to hit them early and try to run it up, but this is the game to do it.

Just hope Zac isn't Marv 2.0 with his taking the foot off the gas way too early. For some reason I doubt Burrow would even think of doing that. I think he's got too much of the killer instinct when it comes to tasting blood in the water. He wants to stay in there f*ckin em...F*CK EM TO DEATH!  ThumbsUp Who Dey

Reply/Quote
Losing Reader for Covid hurts, but we still have Topou, who has played great this year, and Daniels and Shelvin to fill those gaps.
Reply/Quote

vs

Their 3rd string QB

None...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was not happy with Taylor his first 2 years. But, now fans like you act like we have the best roster in the NFL. We don't, but what we did have is a coach that took a lousy roster and team into playoff contention in year 3.

Why not wait for the outcome versus predicting the demise? If they win today, they could lose the last 2 games and have a shot at the playoffs still as Browns play Steelers next week and Ravens play the Rams.

Win today and we have a great shot at winning the division, something no one in this forum predicted looking at the tough AFCN division prior to the season started. We had a QB coming off major knee surgeyy who just now seems to be almost 100%, but WTH, ltrash ZT all you want, that is what the interent is all about for some.

Pretty sure Sled probably predicted us winning the division... That dude is uber positive, and optimistic.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote