Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
If you can't beat them, put them in jail or try and get them removed from Ballot
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-remain-michigan-ballot-judge-rejects-14th-amendment-challenge-eligibility

Another attempt to remove Trump from ballot, another loss by Democrats.

Why the huge effort to not allow Trump to run for POTUS in 2024? Colorado is next, soon to be the third attempt to get him off a state ballot.

Democrats are playing all their cards and the Independents are watching closely. I hope they continue the effort, make Trump a Martyr.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 07:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-remain-michigan-ballot-judge-rejects-14th-amendment-challenge-eligibility

Another attempt to remove Trump from ballot, another loss by Democrats.

Why the huge effort to not allow Trump to run for POTUS in 2024? Colorado is next, soon to be the third attempt to get him off a state ballot.

Democrats are playing all their cards and the Independents are watching closely. I hope they continue the effort, make Trump a Martyr.

Because he still says he never lost...wanted to run a fake electors scheme to stay in office...encouraged a mob to attack the capital to stop the election from being certified...lied about having the documents he had...etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 09:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because he still says he never lost...wanted to run a fake electors scheme to stay in office...encouraged a mob to attack the capital to stop the election from being certified...lied about having the documents he had...etc.

[Image: d5c0bfac-5515-479e-804b-6a38bc0062fd_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 09:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because he still says he never lost...wanted to run a fake electors scheme to stay in office...encouraged a mob to attack the capital to stop the election from being certified...lied about having the documents he had...etc.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no law says a POTUS can't be POTUS if convicted of a crime. Also, Trump has never been indicted for anything for Jan.6. Why? They have indicted him for jay walking (pun). Simple, he did nothing wrong and it was people of both parties (Antifa) and Proud Boys who incited the riot.

You brush off the leading candidate for both parties to become the next President is being persecuted and Democrats doing all in their power to not let the American people decide who should lead the country starting in Jan. 2025.

If he is such a bad guy (has not been found guilty criminally of anything in his over 70 years on earth), then he will be rejected. The efforts by the Democrats makes them look like dirty politicians from a 3rd world country.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Has anyone argued that since the indictments are making Trump more popular that they are being carried out by deep state actors who are knowingly engaging in a witch hunt in order to ensure that Trump is elected in 2024?

The big loser in all of this is Ron DeSantis, because before all this trial stuff he was gearing up to topple an unpopular Biden and become president for the next 8 years but suddenly Trump gets indicted and becomes more popular and completely blows ol' ripoff Ron away.  Makes you wonder who is really behind all this seeing as every aspect of it benefits Trump.

Every time the swamp creatures of the GOP think they can wrest the party back from Trump suddenly some "deranged liberal" makes accusations about Trump and his popularity and control of the GOP strengthens.  I'm just saying that all this stuff coming from the supposed "left" is really keeping Trump on top and filling his bank account and helping his numbers.  Is Trump really the type to leave all this up to chance or would he be playing 4D chess and using some sneaky successful tactics to battle the swamp creature GOP?

It's worth thinking about. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry to disappoint you, but no law says a POTUS can't be POTUS if convicted of a crime. Also, Trump has never been indicted for anything for Jan.6. Why? They have indicted him for jay walking (pun). Simple, he did nothing wrong and it was people of both parties (Antifa) and Proud Boys who incited the riot.

You brush off the leading candidate for both parties to become the next President is being persecuted and Democrats doing all in their power to not let the American people decide who should lead the country starting in Jan. 2025.

If he is such a bad guy (has not been found guilty criminally of anything in his over 70 years on earth), then he will be rejected. The efforts by the Democrats makes them look like dirty politicians from a 3rd world country.

Can you point to even 1 arrest of “antifa” for Jan 6? Can you point out even 1 known “antifa” person who participated. Antifa is a Republican red herring you all use to deflect your own culpability. Seriously, on one hand blame Anita and in the other promise to pardon everyone charged and convicted of Jan 6 crimes, all btw, who admitted to being Trump supporters

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry to disappoint you, but no law says a POTUS can't be POTUS if convicted of a crime. Also, Trump has never been indicted for anything for Jan.6. Why? They have indicted him for jay walking (pun). Simple, he did nothing wrong and it was people of both parties (Antifa) and Proud Boys who incited the riot.

First off, you don't know what a pun is.

Secondly he has lost a ton of lawsuits.  A lot of them he paid off with the deal that he wouldn't have to admit any guilt.

I haven't brushed anything off.  P01135809 might win in 2024.  You asked what he did to deserve being taken off the ballot.  IMHO he's done lots but you and your fellow republicans don't care what bad things he does because he told you he's a republican now.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: First off, you don't know what a pun is.

Secondly he has lost a ton of lawsuits.  A lot of them he paid off with the deal that he wouldn't have to admit any guilt.

I haven't brushed anything off.  P01135809 might win in 2024.  You asked what he did to deserve being taken off the ballot.  IMHO he's done lots but you and your fellow republicans don't care what bad things he does because he told you he's a republican now.

My question is that once I entertain the idea that all these charges against Trump are going to backfire and make him more likely to win in 2024, well...what is the alternative?

Who would be the GOP nominee for president in 2024 and who would be most likely to win the 2024 election if the DOJ etc just said that 1/6 was a nothing burger and Trump did nothing wrong, the phone call in Georgia was as perfect and legal as Trump says it is, Trump's business in NYC is totally legit and on the level, and so on.

So if these indictments make him stronger, what happens if the DOJ just agrees that Trump is totally innocent and never did anything wrong?  Does he lose popularity?  Does Ron DeSantis take over the party?  Do people say that if Biden's DOJ isn't going after Trump that Trump clearly isn't a threat to them and they need to move on to a candidate who is strong and does scare them into making baseless accusations?

The view of Trump reminds me of watching a Hulk Hogan main event from the 80s or 90s.  It's like...if the bad guy doesn't hit him he's going to win, but if the bad guy lands his finisher on Hulk Hogan it just makes him stronger, so what do you do?  Admit Trump is innocent and legit?  Trump gets stronger.  Go after Trump for being not innocent and not legit?  Trump gets stronger.  

Trump is Hulk Hogan.  You can't not hit him, you can't hit him, and if he loses it's because of some nefarious screw job from the heels.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My question is that once I entertain the idea that all these charges against Trump are going to backfire and make him more likely to win in 2024, well...what is the alternative?

Who would be the GOP nominee for president in 2024 and who would be most likely to win the 2024 election if the DOJ etc just said that 1/6 was a nothing burger and Trump did nothing wrong, the phone call in Georgia was as perfect and legal as Trump says it is, Trump's business in NYC is totally legit and on the level, and so on.

So if these indictments make him stronger, what happens if the DOJ just agrees that Trump is totally innocent and never did anything wrong?  Does he lose popularity?  Does Ron DeSantis take over the party?  Do people say that if Biden's DOJ isn't going after Trump that Trump clearly isn't a threat to them and they need to move on to a candidate who is strong and does scare them into making baseless accusations?

The view of Trump reminds me of watching a Hulk Hogan main even from the 80s or 90s.  It's like...if the bad guy doesn't hit him he's going to win, but if the bad guy lands his finisher on Hulk Hogan it just makes him stronger, so what do you do?  Admit Trump is innocent and legit?  Trump gets stronger.  Go after Trump for being not innocent and not legit?  Trump gets stronger.  

Trump is Hulk Hogan.  You can't not hit him, you can't hit him, and if he loses it's because of some nefarious screw job from the heels.

I like the Hogan comparison:  No real talent but a character that appeals to the masses because it is for "America".  Doesn't really bother to learn how to do the job but relies on their talking (and they say the same thing over and over because it gets the pops from the crowd) and how they are always being attacked by "them".  Add in the huge ego and you're about dead on.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I like the Hogan comparison:  No real talent but a character that appeals to the masses because it is for "America".  Doesn't really bother to learn how to do the job but relies on their talking (and they say the same thing over and over because it gets the pops from the crowd) and how they are always being attacked by "them".  Add in the huge ego and you're about dead on.

I'll swear on your favorite sacred text that my buddy and I said around 2002 or so that either Hulk Hogan or maybe Donald Trump would be president eventually.

Fun note with Hulk Hogan, he actually wrestled legit matches with holds and what not while in Japan, but in the USA he'd intentionally dumb it down because people here just wanted to see the same old.

1. Hogan gets beat up
2. Jesse Ventura gloats to Gorilla Monsoon that Hulkamania is dead
3. crowd feels badly for Hogan
4. heel hits the finisher that leads to every wrestler losing 3 seconds later
5. finisher makes Hogan stronger
6. Hogan comeback, big boot, leg drop
7. Hulk must pose to end the PPV

See you at the next PPV!

Also, other GOP politicians attempting to become the next Trump reminds me of Vince McMahon trying to make Lex Luger the next American hero and crowds being very not into it.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll swear on your favorite sacred text that my buddy and I said around 2002 or so that either Hulk Hogan or maybe Donald Trump would be president eventually.

Fun note with Hulk Hogan, he actually wrestled legit matches with holds and what not while in Japan, but in the USA he'd intentionally dumb it down because people here just wanted to see the same old.

1. Hogan gets beat up
2. Jesse Ventura gloats to Gorilla Monsoon that Hulkamania is dead
3. crowd feels badly for Hogan
4. heel hits the finisher that leads to every wrestler losing 3 seconds later
5. finisher makes Hogan stronger
6. Hogan comeback, big boot, leg drop
7. Hulk must pose to end the PPV

See you at the next PPV!

Also, other GOP politicians attempting to become the next Trump reminds me of Vince McMahon trying to make Lex Luger the next American hero and crowds being very not into it.

Not to get too far off topic here but back in 92-93 I had the pleasure of sitting in the old Civic Arena right where the wrestlers entered for their matches JUST so I could flip Hogan off and yell that he was a no talent ass.

I haven't been able to get tat close to P01135809.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not to get too far off topic here but back in 92-93 I had the pleasure of sitting in the old Civic Arena right where the wrestlers entered for their matches JUST so I could flip Hogan off and yell that he was a no talent ass.

I haven't been able to get tat close to P01135809.  Smirk

You smart mark, you.  The only time I was at the Civic Arena was to see Simon & Garfunkel in 2003 or so.  I didn't want to flip either of them off.
Reply/Quote
Too bad, Trump stay on ballot in Colorado.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-remain-colorado-ballot-judge-rejects-14th-amendment-challenge-eligibility

Trump to remain on Colorado ballot after judge rejects 14th Amendment challenge to eligibility
Similar cases In Michigan, Minnesota, and New Hampshire have already been dismissed

Reply/Quote
The Colorado judge also ruled that the actions that took place on Jan 6th was in fact an insurrection and that it took place on behalf of Trump.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What is hard for P01135809 and his minions is that facts keep getting in the way of their lies narrative.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-20-122458.png]

[Image: F_Yc0NFWYAATAGb?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Reply/Quote
I guess we can add "eliminate" Trump, dangerous rhetoric from Goldman who accused Trump of dangerous rhetoric.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-dem-backtracks-after-calling-for-trump-to-be-eliminated

New York Dem backtracks after calling for Trump to be 'eliminated'
Rep. Goldman said he 'mistakenly' used the word 'eliminated'

Goldman’s comment drew criticism on social media from conservatives pointing out that the congressman was using "dangerous rhetoric" himself.

"Sometimes they slip and say the quiet part out loud,
" radio host Mike Ghallager posted on X.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 02:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is hard for P01135809 and his minions is that facts keep getting in the way of their lies narrative.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-20-122458.png]

[Image: F_Yc0NFWYAATAGb?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Very hard to read the documents posted, but I found this. It is the secretary of the army who is responsible for deploying the DC National guard.

https://dc.ng.mil/About-Us/

Today’s D.C. National Guard remains strong with more than 2,700 Soldiers and Airmen available to execute its missions. D.C. National Guard Soldiers and Airmen resides within the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia, and are proud to be from the communities in which we protect and serve.  

The D.C National Guard was formed in 1802 by President Thomas Jefferson to defend the newly created District of Columbia. As such, the Commanding General of the D.C. National Guard is subordinate solely to the President of the United States.  This authority to activate the D.C. National Guard has been delegated, by the President, to the Secretary of Defense and further delegated to the Secretary of the Army.  The D.C. National Guard is the only National Guard unit, out of all of the 54 states and territories, which reports only to the President. 

The D.C. National Guard provides mission-ready personnel and units for active duty in the armed services in the time of war or national emergency.  The D.C. National Guard also retains the mission as protector of the District of Columbia

Reply/Quote
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/01/12/why-the-dc-national-guards-role-was-limited-during-us-capitol-riot/

This contradicts your post. It is a long read, but spells out it was not Trump in charge of employing the entire DC guard.

The Capitol Police, who have authority over the Capitol grounds, repeatedly declined support from the Guard before Wednesday. Officials say they did not expect a huge, violent protest.

When the riot began Wednesday, the couple hundred D.C. Guard members already on the streets needed an explicit request from federal authorities to go to the Capitol, since that is federal jurisdiction. The Guard also needed approval from the Pentagon and new orders to change their mission. They then had to return to their armory to get riot gear and a briefing on what they would be doing at the Capitol.

The deployment discussions triggered complaints that the Pentagon delayed the Guard deployment. But defense officials defended the need for a careful, deliberate process.

“It’s important that in the midst of a dire situation we have a clear plan and understand the task, purpose, and role of our Guardsman before we employ them,” said Lt. Gen. Walter Piatt, director of the Army staff. “Creating shared understanding will prevent a complex and potentially dangerous situation from getting worse.”

Reply/Quote

Nobody should ever be restricted from running for office. Doing so corrupts the trust in elections. Let the people decide.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 09:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nobody should ever be restricted from running for office. Doing so corrupts the trust in elections. Let the people decide.

Argentina agrees apparently.

However I didn't say he should be restricted from running.  I answered the question about what he did that would cause legal challenges.

We do have laws about some things and occasionally P01135809 is held to those laws.
Reply/Quote