Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-21-2023, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: What I *see* doesn't matter.  I'm not diagnosing him...you are.

I asked why you said what you said and you answered.

You stood by it so good for you.

And yes, I've dealt with it with my wife's grandmother.  It looked nothing like what Biden is doing.   

I've seen it with friend's parents.  Again, nothing like Biden.

But that's *my* personal experience. 

If you think you know better then good for you.

But again I just thought maybe, because you care very deeply about the situation in Israel, you had a policy or legitimate reason and not just your own hunches.

That's a lot of words to say you're refusing to answer.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: What I *see* doesn't matter.  I'm not diagnosing him...you are.

I asked why you said what you said and you answered.

You stood by it so good for you.

And yes, I've dealt with it with my wife's grandmother.  It looked nothing like what Biden is doing.   

I've seen it with friend's parents.  Again, nothing like Biden.

But that's *my* personal experience. 

If you think you know better then good for you.

But again I just thought maybe, because you care very deeply about the situation in Israel, you had a policy or legitimate reason and not just your own hunches.

A simple question for you. Do you believe Biden does a great job of showing his good mental acumen on the world stage?

He holds the most powerful job in the world. Do you feel his is capable of showing great leadership on the world stage? Do you think he is the only decision maker or final decision maker on everything?

What is the likelihood Biden's job performance improves with age? He is 40% now with over 70% saying in 2023 he is too old. Are you happy it appears he will be the DNC nominee for POTUS in 2024 with Harris who has a worse approval rating than Biden?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just for clarification, Biden and US had no decision making power on a cease-fire.

I do hope the hostages are all released, anything less is just Hamas getting what they want, the ability to regroup and use other hostages as human shields. I also Hamas allows Israel to have the UN or Red Cross see every hostage and take pictures of them showing proof of life.

No the US has no deciding factor over a cease fire or hostage release. But the USA and Biden administration have been a major player in the negotiations.

Hamas has been talking to Qatar and Iran. Qatar has been talking to the United States and the US has been talking to Israel and everyone else in the Middle East

Do you seriously think Hamas and the Israelis have been sitting in a little room somewhere talking directly?

And I am far more confident in Biden’s abilities on the world stage than I am with the current Republican alternative. At least Biden surrounds himself with smart competent people. Trump calls his own advisors idiots. Shoot he calls his own former UN Ambassador a birdbrain. Trump can’t even run his own business without committing fraud. Other world leaders aren’t laughing at Biden like they did Trump. They can’t trust Trump…they know he lies

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's a lot of words to say you're refusing to answer.

I answered that I'm not going to make a long distance diagnosis...much as you have said in the past should not be done.

I answered what my personal experiences were.

Not sure what else you want unless it's just to agree with you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Prime Minister Netanyahu in a speech announcing the pause agreement gave thanks to President Biden for his integral involvement in the negotiations and commented that his suggestions made the agreement stronger

Reply/Quote
American child Abigail Edan is now in the custody of the Red Cross. She celebrated her 4th birthday on Friday

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 01:27 PM)pally Wrote: American child Abigail Edan is now in the custody of the Red Cross.  She celebrated her 4th birthday on Friday

This is awesome news. Sadly, it appears she may have witnessed her family being brutally killed. I hope not for her sake, her fragile life is already tougher than anything I ever had to endure in my life time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Israel Knew Hamas’s Attack Plan More Than a Year Ago

A blueprint reviewed by The Times laid out the attack in detail. Israeli officials dismissed it as aspirational and ignored specific warnings.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 10:37 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Israel Knew Hamas’s Attack Plan More Than a Year Ago

A blueprint reviewed by The Times laid out the attack in detail. Israeli officials dismissed it as aspirational and ignored specific warnings.

There were plenty of dropped balls in regard to 9/11 as well.  It doesn't change anything as far as what was done and who is responsible for it.  Unless you think Israel knew and let it happen anyway for some nefarious purpose.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There were plenty of dropped balls in regard to 9/11 as well.  It doesn't change anything as far as what was done and who is responsible for it.  Unless you think Israel knew and let it happen anyway for some nefarious purpose.

If I had something personel to add, I would have add it. Don't think for myself. I post a fact, that's it. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 09:15 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If I had something personel to add, I would have add it. Don't think for myself. I post a fact, that's it. 

I didn't accuse you of anything nor did I "think for you".  Enhance your calm, John Spartan.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There were plenty of dropped balls in regard to 9/11 as well.  It doesn't change anything as far as what was done and who is responsible for it.  Unless you think Israel knew and let it happen anyway for some nefarious purpose.

I agree, though this revelation will definitely play a part in the domestic politics of Israel. What saved Bush in this regard was that much of the failures happened during his predecessor's administration, Netanyahu doesn't have that scapegoat and he will likely face a lot of pushback because of this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 01:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't accuse you of anything nor did I "think for you".  Enhance your calm, John Spartan.

Unless you think Israel knew and let it happen anyway for some nefarious purpose.

Noooo and it's not your style at all mate ...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 01:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree, though this revelation will definitely play a part in the domestic politics of Israel. What saved Bush in this regard was that much of the failures happened during his predecessor's administration, Netanyahu doesn't have that scapegoat and he will likely face a lot of pushback because of this.

Possibly, although I see little exculpatory evidence for Bush if viewed through a logical lens.

(12-02-2023, 05:56 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Unless you think Israel knew and let it happen anyway for some nefarious purpose.

Noooo and it's not your style at all mate ...

Either make an argument or don't.  Don't be feckless.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 03:01 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Possibly, although I see little exculpatory evidence for Bush if viewed through a logical lens.

You're expecting the American public to view things through a logical lens. That is your first mistake.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Terrorists simultaneously hijacking multiple airplanes in the United States and flying them into buildings, in 2001, would have been on the far end of the plausible but unlikely end of the logic scales.

Hamas, with aid from Iran, putting together a quick strike force against Israel, was way more plausible and likely.

Israel knew about the intel.The US, as it turns out, also knew about it and passed on the chatter. For whatever reason the Netanyahu government chose to dismiss it. Whether it was arrogance, complacency, incompetence, or purposeful the reasons behind the intelligence failure will be found out. As of right now, Israelis are placing the blame on the heads of Netanyahu and his ruling party. We will see if that holds up as time goes by. But if I were BiBi, I would be busy looking at my post politics career options.

Reply/Quote
Some people knew and decided to make some money about it !

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-investigates-possible-trading-knowledge-ahead-oct-7-hamas-attack-2023-12-04/

Reply/Quote
Posted this in another thread, but it's on the cease fire, or more specifically about why it ended.

Biden State Department official Mathew Miller on why so few female hostages have been released.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1j3ooisp

"U.S. State Department Spokesperson Mathew Miller on Monday confirmed behind-the-scenes speculations by senior Israeli officials that Hamas refused to release ten Israeli women hostages who are known to be alive, leading to the collapse of a weeklong truce in Gaza, fearing that their accounts from captivity could significantly tarnish Hamas's reputation.

It seems one of the reasons they don't want to turn women over... and the reason this pause fell apart is they don't want those women to be able to talk about what happened to them during their time in custody," he told the press."

Reply/Quote