Poll: Which one would you like to OWN?
Reds
Bengals
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could OWN:
I enjoyed reading these post. Thanks Guys and Girls..
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 05:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Emeritus alt account confirmed.  j/k   Tongue Ninja

His posts kind of freak me out a little (so thanks for the compliment) 

yet certainly agree with the moral of his ramblings about Katie. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 03:01 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Cincinnati Reds
or
The Cincinnati Bengals

Which one would you choose to own? and the Reason why?

Bengals, I am a Bengals fan and a Football fan and not a Reds fan or a huge Baseball fan even if I like the sport and the team.

I have passion beyond belief for the Bengals and always wanted them to be the best. Would do everything I could in my power to make
the Cincinnati Bengals the best team in the world out of just want. All the shit we have went through, seeing all the easy roads other teams
have went through, you know the team...
Reply/Quote
I enjoy baseball and football. I would buy the Reds because I have always followed the Reds since a small child. I lost interest in the Bengals during the 1990's. Came back once the Bengals got decent.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I was a baseball fan way before a football fan, and a diehard Reds fan for most of my life. But now I find baseball boring, but can't get enough of football -- right down to being on a Bengals message board between seasons. Maybe the pitch clock will bring some of the love for baseball back, but the pace and complexity of football makes for a superior viewing experience.
Reply/Quote
No brainer, Bengals.

Baseball is dying a slow death. It has no future generational fan succession. The game is too slow for the younger generation so the interest just isn't there to sustain the needs of a long season.

I won't miss it, they did it to themselves with the haves (Yankees, Dodgers, etc.) and have nots (Reds, Pirates, etc.).
Reply/Quote
I stopped watching and caring about baseball decades ago, so it's an easy choice for me. Besides, as Bengals owner, I can finally give us the black helmet with orange stripes that we've all (mostly?) been clamoring for. And, no more stinking Pepsi under my watch.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If we disregarded the fact that I'd have about $2 Billion more in assets as owner of the Bengals; I'd prefer to be the owner of the Reds. I'd be the owner of one of the most decorated and historic Baseball teams of all time.

Plus I wouldn't have to deal with Roger Godell.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Reds because I could be a lazy lout and do nothing and pretend I'm doing something.. It's basically praying too, but oh well..
Reds because I could laugh the current slobs out of my office!  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 03:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Bengals just because baseball's boring and the seasons are way too long.

Says you.

Hockey has a long season: that bullshit goes on for 9 months and is boring AF.

Baseball is chess in motion. If you don't have a mind for chess, then...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 11:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Says you.

Hockey has a long season: that bullshit goes on for 9 months and is boring AF.

Baseball is chess in motion. If you don't have a mind for chess, then...

You’re a bad Canadian.

Hockey>>>>>>>>>>>baseball

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re a bad Canadian.

Hockey>>>>>>>>>>>baseball

Hockey is one of the worst, most barbaric and classless sports on the planet.

And it's not even Canadian, it's British.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 07:31 AM)Nepa Wrote: I was a baseball fan way before a football fan, and a diehard Reds fan for most of my life. But now I find baseball boring, but can't get enough of football -- right down to being on a Bengals message board between seasons. Maybe the pitch clock will bring some of the love for baseball back, but the pace and complexity of football makes for a superior viewing experience.

It's a majority of major league owners crying poor that have ruined the sport. A pitch clock won't save that. I still love the Reds, but it's hard to to be apathetic about a team that only fields a competitive product once a decade. The Bengals were driving me that direction until they dumb lucked into Burrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 11:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hockey is one of the worst, most barbaric and classless sports on the planet.

And it's not even Canadian, it's British.

Really bad take. Sounds like you haven’t watched hockey in about 15+ years. There’s barely any fighting anymore, and pure goons have been completely phased out. Today’s game is almost entirely based on speed and skill. And there’s absolutely nothing in sports like watching live hockey.

Reply/Quote
Bengals. Don't live in Cincy. Don't care for the Reds.

Also... I mean just in terms of numbers... the Bengals are worth $3bil (would probably be sold for north of $4). The Browns have made a pretty penny on that investment. The Reds are a solid MLB franchise with some titles to their name, but MLB is not the NFL.

*I will say, the first week of the MLB season has been terrific. Rule changes have made a difference, watchability has improved and I freakin' love baseball again. Kudos to them for having had the balls to take a chance and move with the times. NBA oughta take note. The quality of play has taken a nose dive in view of load management, homogeneity of game styles, endless barrage of three pointers, lack of stars... not to mention tanking and five-year rebuilding plans. They're in rough shape from a marketing pov and I figure something's gotta give. Conspiracy theorist side of me wouldn't be surprised if MJ were selling the Hornets to become the next commissioner of the league (Silver's term ends next year and rumors abound that he's eyeing the CEO vacancy at Disney). I suppose we'll see. One way or the other, that league needs to somehow refuel the engine asap- but I digress. Lol
Reply/Quote
I haven't watched a baseball game since high school and Ill pick the Reds. Less stress, less publicity, more room for error... still amazing money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really bad take. Sounds like you haven’t watched hockey in about 15+ years. There’s barely any fighting anymore, and pure goons have been completely phased out. Today’s game is almost entirely based on speed and skill. And there’s absolutely nothing in sports like watching live hockey.

It's not a bad take: just because we don't agree, doesn't make it inherently bad.

I live in Canada; I don't need to watch hockey, to watch hockey lol.

And the very nature of the sport is barbaric, goons being removed or not.

I have never been as bored in my life at a sporting event as the one NHL game I went to (Flyers at Bruins in '07) and A LOT went on in that game too, it wasn't a 1-0 shootout win. I have been (dragged to) many minor and OHL games too and it is a massive snooze fest, devoid of strategic intracacies that baseball and football have and the class of people that watch it/play it are boorish and can't put 2 and 2 together.

The best was when one of said ignorant morons started posting the meme of, "gets a puck to the face, plays the rest of the game," while disparaging other sports and the baseball selection was because of blisters. I explained to the idiot that while it is painful Indeed, you can't pitch with blisters due to not being able to grip the ball properly, in order to spin it: it has nothing to do with pain.

His response? "yeah? Well a hockey player wouldn't give a **** and he'd do it anyway!" completely missing the fact that a physical issue/obstacle prevents them , not a pain tolerance issue.

Again, the amount of strategy that goes into every pitch, let alone every inning, makes baseball like chess (though the pitch clock kills that a bit) amd the cerebral part is what turns me on the most: hockey can only dream of having such strategy and tactics as intricate and precise as baseball.

You like one, hate the other and I'm the opposite. Great! Differing opinions are what make great debates, but don't shit on mine just because it doesn't jive with yours.

As for nothing like live sports, I qualify Bautista's game 5 HR against Texas in '15, Pratt's INT against the Raiders and even Jennifer Jones' shot to win the Scotties in 2005 (or was is 2006?)

Not only were those 3 moments more exciting than ANYTHING in hockey of the past 50 years, they also got louder pops than ANYTHING hockey has had in the past 50 years either and one is a curling rink that only holds a couple hundred people.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 12:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's not a bad take: just because we don't agree, doesn't make it inherently bad.

I live in Canada; I don't need to watch hockey, to watch hockey lol.

And the very nature of the sport is barbaric, goons being removed or not.

I have never been as bored in my life at a sporting event as the one NHL game I went to (Flyers at Bruins in '07) and A LOT went on in that game too, it wasn't a 1-0 shootout win. I have been (dragged to) many minor and OHL games too and it is a massive snooze fest, devoid of strategic intracacies that baseball and football have and the class of people that watch it/play it are boorish and can't put 2 and 2 together.

The best was when one of said ignorant morons started posting the meme of, "gets a puck to the face, plays the rest of the game," while disparaging other sports and the baseball selection was because of blisters. I explained to the idiot that while it is painful Indeed, you can't pitch with blisters due to not being able to grip the ball properly, in order to spin it: it has nothing to do with pain.

His response? "yeah? Well a hockey player wouldn't give a **** and he'd do it anyway!" completely missing the fact that a physical issue/obstacle prevents them , not a pain tolerance issue.

Again, the amount of strategy that goes into every pitch, let alone every inning, makes baseball like chess (though the pitch clock kills that a bit) amd the cerebral part is what turns me on the most: hockey can only dream of having such strategy and tactics as intricate and precise as baseball.

You like one, hate the other and I'm the opposite. Great! Differing opinions are what make great debates, but don't shit on mine just because it doesn't jive with yours.

As for nothing like live sports, I qualify Bautista's game 5 HR against Texas in '15, Pratt's INT against the Raiders and even Jennifer Jones' shot to win the Scotties in 2005 (or was is 2006?)

Not only were those 3 moments more exciting than ANYTHING in hockey of the past 50 years, they also got louder pops than ANYTHING hockey has had in the past 50 years either and one is a curling rink that only holds a couple hundred people.

No idea why you keep labeling hockey as “barbaric” but many people say the same thing about football and we know that’s not true. Being a full contact sport doesn’t automatically equal barbaric. Again, at its core hockey is pure speed and skill. The best skaters in the sport will make your jaw drop on a nightly basis. There’s nothing “barbaric” about Connor McDavid weaving his way through 5 guys to score a highlight reel goal.

And if you think moronic, mount breathing fans are unique to hockey you’ve clearly never attended a Bengals/Steelers or Browns game before lol. Not to mention it’s quite a generalization to say the people that play hockey are unintelligent bores. It’s an international sport, consisting of players from all over the world (North America, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, etc). That’s quite a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, etc.

As far as the intricacies of the game, hockey is indeed a simple sport, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. So is soccer (which shares a lot of similarities with hockey) and it’s the most popular sport in the world, by far. It’s also not completely devoid of strategy and tactics anyway. The best coaches will always get the matchups they want with their line changes, and running an effective power play is all about strategy.

Anyway, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. And for the record I don’t even dislike baseball. I grew up a big Reds fan, and have lived in Cincinnati all my life. I still root for them since they’re my hometown team, but I just can’t get into baseball as much as hockey and football as an adult. I find them both infinitely more entertaining.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 03:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hands down the Bengals, because I would love to be in the golf cart on the practice field everyday and do whatever I could to make the team better. The Reds? I quit caring about them after the Big Red Machine left.

Griffey Jr. being hurt every year & steroids & no salary cap destroyed my love of baseball. Haven't watched a full game since we got beat in the playoffs after being up 2-0 against San Diego. It was San Diego  wasn't it?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If I had tons of money to run either franchise as I pleased, I would want to own the Reds.

As things are now though I choose the Bengals. Revenue sharing and salary cap/floor means I actually have a chance at putting a winning team out there regularly. Until MLB decides to do something about payroll disparity, there's no real competitive balance there.
I can't believe people still go to small salary team's games. Plus boring as hell. I used to watch or listen to every game until I moved to Florida in 97. By 06 I was done with baseball. 
Reply/Quote