Poll: Which one would you like to OWN?
Reds
Bengals
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could OWN:
(04-03-2023, 02:00 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I can't believe people still go to small salary team's games. Plus boring as hell. I used to watch or listen to every game until I moved to Florida in 97. By 06 I was done with baseball. 

Because it is a great way to spend a summer day (so long as it isn't a 95+ loss team but even then still a decent time). Not boring as hell at all, but certainly laid back, and you can grab a ticket and enjoy a baseball game for $10-20. You can even bring a drink and a snack in if you don't want to pay concession prices.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 01:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea why you keep labeling hockey as “barbaric” but many people say the same thing about football and we know that’s not true. Being a full contact sport doesn’t automatically equal barbaric. Again, at its core hockey is pure speed and skill. The best skaters in the sport will make your jaw drop on a nightly basis. There’s nothing “barbaric” about Connor McDavid weaving his way through 5 guys to score a highlight reel goal.

And if you think moronic, mount breathing fans are unique to hockey you’ve clearly never attended a Bengals/Steelers or Browns game before lol. Not to mention it’s quite a generalization to say the people that play hockey are unintelligent bores. It’s an international sport, consisting of players from all over the world (North America, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, etc). That’s quite a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, etc.

As far as the intricacies of the game, hockey is indeed a simple sport, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. So is soccer (which shares a lot of similarities with hockey) and it’s the most popular sport in the world, by far. It’s also not completely devoid of strategy and tactics anyway. The best coaches will always get the matchups they want with their line changes, and running an effective power play is all about strategy.

Anyway, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. And for the record I don’t even dislike baseball. I grew up a big Reds fan, and have lived in Cincinnati all my life. I still root for them since they’re my hometown team, but I just can’t get into baseball as much as hockey and football as an adult. I find them both infinitely more entertaining.

That's cool.

As for the boorish fans, you never grew up in a Canadian city, so you haven't been exposed to the awful parents and friends/relatives that attend the games for younger kids and the like.

And I know football parents in the US are similar, but as I haven't lived in the US, I can't comment.

As for Soccer, funny you mention it: that is my least-favourite sport by far and I find it even more boring than hockey. I'll save the WC '06 story (if I haven't told it already on here) for another time :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 11:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Says you.

Hockey has a long season: that bullshit goes on for 9 months and is boring AF.

Baseball is chess in motion. If you don't have a mind for chess, then...

Now i've seen it all. A Canadian badmouthing hockey.   Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 01:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Now i've seen it all. A Canadian badmouthing hockey.   Ninja

And I'm first generation Canadian: I'm Italian and detest soccer Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote