Poll: If you could fire one assistant coach right now - mid season, who would it be?
OC Ken Zampese
QB Coach Bill Lazor
TE Coach Jonathan Hayes
RB Coach Kyle Caskey
OL Coach Paul Alexander
WR Coach James Urban
DC Paul Guenther
DL Coach Jacob Burney
LB Coach Jim Haslett
Secondary Coach Kevin Coyle
Stength & Conditioning Coach Chip Morton
Special Teams Coach Darrin Simmons
None
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could fire one assistant coach right now, who would it be?
(11-16-2016, 02:57 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: 1e9win][Image: 1e9win.jpg]

lol Fred Crocker..
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:48 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: 2.Replacing coaches that leave of their own free will does not = firing inept coaches Wink

Why?

Why are the replacements for guys who fail going to automatically be better than the replacements for guys who left for other jobs.

I don't see any difference.
Reply/Quote
Typical response from the haters when I post facts about Paul Alexander.

Memes and personal attacks on me, but no real discussion about the facts I post.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Typical response from the haters when I post facts about Paul Alexander.

Memes and personal attacks on me, but no real discussion about the facts I post.

Dude....you provide the same 2 op/eds (one being a piece on the actual COOL Clinic and no single coach) to justify 23 years with one coach that has been offered squat from any other organization to get paid more, or get promoted.....23 years with an organization that has the 2nd worst winning % in any given decade in any given professional sport that he was a part of.  What do you expect?  These "debates" have gone on and on for the better part of 6 years....you've said all of this before.  It's time for fresh eyes here....top to bottom, Wolfgang included.  How many "reboots" does this staff get with you and Mikey?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His lack of promotion does not mean he is bad at what he does.

Monte Kiffen never got a head coaching gig, but that does not mean he was a bad DC.

Dick LeBeau never got another shot at HC after the Bengals let him go, but that does not mean he was a bad DC.

Mike Zimmer was a DC for 14 years before he got a shot as a HC.  That does not mean he was a bad DC.

Patriots had the same O-line coach for 13 years without a promotion, but that does not mean he was a bad O-line coach.

This argument is just another example of how people have to make up stuff and talk about things that never happened to come up with some reason to hate on Alexander.

......Gawd.....see?  It's the same ol shit.  ALL of those guys you mention were promoted from lesser assistants to coordinator positions.  

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude....you provide the same 2 op/eds (one being a piece on the actual COOL Clinic and no single coach) to justify 23 years with one coach that has been offered squat from any other organization to get paid more, or get promoted.....23 years with an organization that has the 2nd worst winning % in any given decade in any given professional sport that he was a part of.  What do you expect?  These "debates" have gone on and on for the better part of 6 years....you've said all of this before.  It's time for fresh eyes here....top to bottom, Wolfgang included.  How many "reboots" does this staff get with you and Mikey?

C'mon Wyche, you're just being a hater. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:51 PM)JumboTron Wrote: C'mon Wyche, you're just being a hater. Whatever

Ah yes.......forgive me. :paul: LMAO

Reply/Quote
I have to ask one question.

If Sam Wyche was the head coach of the Bengals right now.. What we HE do about the O-LINE?

MY guess is he would , after watching his QB get mugged all game long, get on the Mic in the stadium during the game and call his coaches and OLINE Out.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude....you provide the same 2 op/eds (one being a piece on the actual COOL Clinic and no single coach) to justify 23 years with one coach that has been offered squat from any other organization to get paid more, or get promoted.....23 years with an organization that has the 2nd worst winning % in any given decade in any given professional sport that he was a part of.  What do you expect?  These "debates" have gone on and on for the better part of 6 years....you've said all of this before.  It's time for fresh eyes here....top to bottom, Wolfgang included.  How many "reboots" does this staff get with you and Mikey?

Can't ya just let Fred have this one? He clearly needs it
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:57 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I have to ask one question.

If Sam Wyche was the head coach of the Bengals right now.. What we HE do about the O-LINE?

MY guess is he would , after watching his QB get mugged all game long, get on the Mic in the stadium during the game and call his coaches and OLINE Out.

[Image: lil_jon_yeah11.jpg]

Reply/Quote
There's been quite a few times over the years where I've watched the Bengals and wondered to myself: "How would Wyche handle that?"
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 04:06 PM)JumboTron Wrote: There's been quite a few times over the years where I've watched the Bengals and wondered to myself: "How would Wyche handle that?"

I'm sure he has mellowed some, but in his day, asses would be chewed before hitting the bench for some of the dumb shit that has gone on pertaining to personal fouls.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm sure he has mellowed some, but in his day, asses would be chewed before hitting the bench for some of the dumb shit that has gone on pertaining to personal fouls.

With this cast of coaches, no player gets "chewed out" when he arrives at the sideline unless he accidentally steps on the coaches' foot. PATHETIC!!!
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander ASAP.

I wish Syracuse would've hired him back at the end of the 08 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I juust posted a lot of information showing that PA is good at his job.

WTF are you talking about?  We replaced a majority of the position coaches this season.  Plus we have had 2 different DCs and 3 different OCs in the last four years.

bengals have had as much, if not more, coaching turnover as any team in the league.

He said "fired" spinmeister.  As in, when is the last time the Bengals fired a coach?  Hint, it was Bratkowski.  You can claim that Paul Alexander is great at his job, but you're going to be in the minority.  The line's performance the last two years has been uninspiring, with this year being a dumpster fire.  
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Paul Guenther- he coaches not to lose and instead of coaching to win . That's the big difference between him and Zimmer. Also for the 2nd time in three years our defense is on pace to have under 30 Sacks. The last 4 years of Zimmer we had at least 40 Sacks in each season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Typical response from the haters when I post facts about Paul Alexander.

Facts about what, offensive lines from 4-5, 6, 7 seasons ago? Not the one we have now, that's costing us games, and flirting with getting Dalton seriously injured? The one that PA refuses to make any changes to try and improve? The one where he stands by his subpar center that delivers every snap below Daltons knees then only to be pushed back into Andy's lap.

You defend him like he's some sort of offensive line guru, but if he was so good at his job why cant he fix the issues with the line?

He's a mediocre coach that's been blessed with exceptional talent through the years. Now that we seem to be lacking in talent we see just how good the Piano Man is.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......Gawd.....see?  It's the same ol shit.  ALL of those guys you mention were promoted from lesser assistants to coordinator positions.  

Not all of them.  Look again.

Plus why would your logic only apply to position coaches and nnot coordinators?  The ergument that lack of promotions proves failure is either true or not.  You can't say it only applies to what you want it to apply to.  That is basically an admission that your logic fails.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:08 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Facts about what, offensive lines from 4-5, 6, 7 seasons ago? Not the one we have now, that's costing us games, and flirting with getting Dalton seriously injured? The one that PA refuses to make any changes to try and improve? The one where he stands by his subpar center that delivers every snap below Daltons knees then only to be pushed back into Andy's lap.

You defend him like he's some sort of offensive line guru, but if he was so good at his job why cant he fix the issues with the line?

He's a mediocre coach that's been blessed with exceptional talent through the years. Now that we seem to be lacking in talent we see just how good the Piano Man is.

Amen.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not all of them.  Look again.

Plus why would your logic only apply to position coaches and nnot coordinators?  The ergument that lack of promotions proves failure is either true or not.  You can't say it only applies to what you want it to apply to.  That is basically an admission that your logic fails.

Jeez fred.....it pertains to ALL coaches.  Most coordinators start out as POSITION COACHES....who most likely started as quality guys and assistants to assistants, some even interns.....along the way they KEEP getting promoted because they are GOOD.  Some break on into head coaching, some plateau as a coordinator, shitty ones stagnate.  It's really not that hard, you know it isn't, you're just being obtuse.......

Reply/Quote