Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could give total GM/Owner control to one Poster on the Board, who would it be?
(12-14-2017, 05:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As owner of the Bengals, I would hire bfine as GM and fredtoast as HC. I would let fred decide if he wants to keep Paul Alexander as OL coach. Mellow

Sticking with the traditional approach?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sticking with the traditional approach?

I just want to see this board explode.  Hilarious<- evil laugh
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I just want to see this board explode.  Hilarious<- evil laugh

[Image: How-To-Win-Friends-And-Influence-People.jpg]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As owner of the Bengals, I would hire bfine as GM and fredtoast as HC. I would let fred decide if he wants to keep Paul Alexander as OL coach. Mellow

Fredtoast would bring back Pac Man to stick it to the Pac Man haters and Fred would have explosive Post game conversations with the media.

Fred may be Great for the NFL Network and talk radio, similar to how Levar Ball dominates NBA media conversations.
Reply/Quote
First act as GM: Fire Fred

Then:
Relocate to Louisville and rename the Kentucky Thoroughfines 

Be the first team to have pink as primary Uniform Color

Trade Andy Dalton to Washington for Trent Williams. Sign Kirk Cousins to Big Money

Make Natural Light the Official Beer of the Kentucky Thoroughfines

Trade AJ McCarron to Browns for Josh Gordon

Hire good looking Cheerleaders
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sunset gets my vote. And I want it waiting on me when I get there. No stopping in the 4th quarter either. That’s when I need it the most.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First act as GM: Fire Fred

Then:
Relocate to Louisville and rename the Kentucky Thoroughfines 

Be the first team to have pink as primary Uniform Color

Trade Andy Dalton to Washington for Trent Williams. Sign Kirk Cousins to Big Money

Make Natural Light the Official Beer of the Kentucky Thoroughfines

Trade AJ McCarron to Browns for Josh Gordon

Hire good looking Cheerleaders

Dude! I mean, c'mon man.

You've already got the job. No need to convince me! Smirk
Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin.

Hire a GM with experience and a guarantee of no interference from me. I'd also place no cap on spending whatever is needed to improve the team.

Build an indoor practice facility, complete with rehab equipment and good medical equipment and a good medical staff.

Hire a sizable scouting department.

Find a good-looking cheerleading squad and give them better salaries.

Make a panel of fans and season ticket holders to find out what could be reasonably changed to make the fan experience better.

Have events in the communities to let fans get to know the players and maybe even have community service or school visits to build trust and a favorable view of the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm counting on you as a preferred consultant.

You're on, my good sir!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Find a good-looking cheerleading squad and give them better salaries.

Go the "The Replacements" route. Hire former strip-, er, exotic dancers  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vote for me, and I'll give you free beer at home games!

Vote for me and I'll give you free beer at away games..Now that's power. Gotta grow this fan base somehow.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Vote for me and I'll give you free beer at away games..Now that's power. Gotta grow this fan base somehow.

At away games, you're just feeding the enemy.  Good luck with that.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Belichick frequently posts here. Him.
Reply/Quote
NONE....nothing against all you folks out there...and if one of you was willing to be Bengals GM for free or almost nothing to help the team, Mike Brown would love the paying you nothing part.....THE BENGALS need a FOOTBALL PERSON as GM, something they haven't had since Paul Brown died.

I will say many of you were all for kicking Marvin Lewis up to GM and making Zimmer Head Coach, which makes you all smarter than Mike Brown and Family. ...in the end, Bengals need a qualified football person as GM, but we know it will never happen, and that is why no play-off wins.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is easy. Coach Utts. He has the best football and management mind here!!
Reply/Quote
It would be between Redlegs, Bfine, Exoyd , Wolf , and Myself. I would go with myself because I am selfish and it's a dream Job but I would want all those guys as scouts. Also would hire ochocinco as a scout as well. In all honesty though I think Wolf and Redlegs could do the job if given some actual front office experience.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vote for me, and I'll give you free beer at home games!

Throw in a hot dog and you got my vote. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:53 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Throw in a hot dog and you got my vote. 

Bah, you'll enjoy your free beer, and then buy your own hot dogs to feed your drunk ass..  My hypocrisy only goes so far..  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

No take backs!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Find a good-looking cheerleading squad and give them better salaries.

On the Thoroughfines (or as my Cheerleaders are called "Thoroughly-fines") they work for tips. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote