Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could give total GM/Owner control to one Poster on the Board, who would it be?
All I wanna do is be in charge of draft day. Leave the x’s and o’s to a competent football mind.
Hire Jim O as the official Bengal insider.

I’ll keep thinking about this over the night....
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Of course myself. I'd cancel every game and pick my own nose on the 50 yardline right smack in the middle of the B and you could all see from every seat in the place because I got a big shnozola.. 

Seriously? Nobody since there's not enough background on anyone for such a position..

Can you even imagine the uproar if they announced they've hired some guy from the bengalsboard to run the show? Yeah, that would go over just swell! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
On a more serious note on the matter: If I could hand pick an owner it would be Ohio's very own Edward John DeBartolo Jr
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They guy with the crazy Clark Griswold pic as his avatar lol

Reply/Quote
I would vote for Wyche because I think he would value the trenches more than we do currently, and maybe he would even bring Sam back as a consultant.
If it was me, I would look to hire a coach like Dino Babers from Syracuse. I really think the guy is the kind of motivator we need here, as he would really energize the players. I would also like to change the uniform, maybe feature the tiger head logo on each side of the helmet with a solid orange background. The stripes would be on the side of the pants, or not there at all. Sounds silly, but I think it may help the team mentally turn the page from the current era.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: If you could give total GM/Owner control of the Bengals to one Poster on this Board, who would it be ?

The entire Brown Family gets bought out and the reigns & money related to the Bengals gets handed to the Poster from this Board that you choose. That Poster can then hire his or her Family members to help run the Bengals or not keep it in the family. Do things as he or she pleases as a Billionaire Owner.

Hopefully, they can make the team perform better.

You can pick yourself if you want and we all would in real life for the money alone but you may want to choose another Poster and make a case for why you chose them or choose yourself.

You may think yourself best and not just be picking yourself for the money but for Football reasons.

Pick who you want and explain why.

Keep in mind that we will all be either praising or bashing that New GM/Owner within a few seasons depending on how well the team does.

Careful what you wish for...

How about a better question as this will end up with many ME post...

You(posters reading this) have GM/Owner control    Which posters from this board would you hire to help run your team
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 11:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: How about a better question as this will end up with many ME post...

You(posters reading this) have GM/Owner control    Which posters from this board would you hire to help run your team

I like that idea.  Can't wait to see what dream teams that the board comes up with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 11:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: How about a better question as this will end up with many ME post...

That is a good twist to the question.

Don't lose sight of the instant Billionaire aspect that the new GM/Owner will have though.

Could go to their head.

I for one would likely turn into a cross between Jerry Jones, Al Davis & crazy eccentric Howard Hughes and overly micro manage using hundreds of my own mock drafts for reference.   Tongue  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 11:07 AM)upstateBengal Wrote: I would vote for Wyche because I think he would value the trenches more than we do currently, and maybe he would even bring Sam back as a consultant.
If it was me, I would look to hire a coach like Dino Babers from Syracuse. I really think the guy is the kind of motivator we need here, as he would really energize the players. I would also like to change the uniform, maybe feature the tiger head logo on each side of the helmet with a solid orange background. The stripes would be on the side of the pants, or not there at all. Sounds silly, but I think it may help the team mentally turn the page from the current era.

Thanks man!  You are right about valuing the trenches......but I'd have to defer to Royle Redlegs on that one.  He has a far superior knowledge of the linemen to look at in college, and FA.  Dude knows his stuff, knows his film, and knows a bit more about modern schemes and technique than myself.  I would also very much like to have a mind like Sam Wyche on my staff as well.  I'd probably use him as a scout for QB and offensive talent.  

If I was given the reins, and using Xeno's good suggestion of using talent on the board in the FO.....I'd have Royle scouting oline, Sam consulting and scouting QBs, then I'd add guys like Wolf, ochocincos, Okeana, bfine, and a few others like Sunset and Shake to round out my scouting department....and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few here as well.....already thought of one, synric.  There are a lot of knowledgeable guys on here.  It's hard to pick from, but I'd add as many as I could within reason....scouting is important.

Then, I'd hire Bengalholic to head up my PR/Marketing department, and let him staff it himself.

I'd completely wipe the slate clean of mediocrity on the coaching staff, and start fresh with a guy that is no-nonsense and very aggressive to be the HC.  I have several candidates in mind, and once I decided, I'd spare little cost in going after the assistants that he wanted.  If the current players can adapt and play well, so be it, if not, I'd give him leeway in cutting out the deadwood, and getting his players in as short order as possible.  You'd have to give a guy a few years to get everything going in that latter scenario.

Last, FA.  I wouldn't go all Dan Snyder.....but we'd be addressing holes as much as the cap allows, and being as creative as possible in structuring contracts to allow for it.  No more Hawks and other aging or low tier guys.  Not saying we'd always be looking for the Darrell Revis' of the world either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bfine
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 11:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks man!  You are right about valuing the trenches......but I'd have to defer to Royle Redlegs on that one.  He has a far superior knowledge of the linemen to look at in college, and FA.  Dude knows his stuff, knows his film, and knows a bit more about modern schemes and technique than myself.  I would also very much like to have a mind like Sam Wyche on my staff as well.  I'd probably use him as a scout for QB and offensive talent.  

If I was given the reins, and using Xeno's good suggestion of using talent on the board in the FO.....I'd have Royle scouting oline, Sam consulting and scouting QBs, then I'd add guys like Wolf, ochocincos, Okeana, bfine, and a few others like Sunset and Shake to round out my scouting department....and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few here as well.....already thought of one, synric.  There are a lot of knowledgeable guys on here.  It's hard to pick from, but I'd add as many as I could within reason....scouting is important.

Then, I'd hire Bengalholic to head up my PR/Marketing department, and let him staff it himself.

I'd completely wipe the slate clean of mediocrity on the coaching staff, and start fresh with a guy that is no-nonsense and very aggressive to be the HC.  I have several candidates in mind, and once I decided, I'd spare little cost in going after the assistants that he wanted.  If the current players can adapt and play well, so be it, if not, I'd give him leeway in cutting out the deadwood, and getting his players in as short order as possible.  You'd have to give a guy a few years to get everything going in that latter scenario.

Last, FA.  I wouldn't go all Dan Snyder.....but we'd be addressing holes as much as the cap allows, and being as creative as possible in structuring contracts to allow for it.  No more Hawks and other aging or low tier guys.  Not saying we'd always be looking for the Darrell Revis' of the world either.
Please hire me to make sure no one, I mean no one, can step out of the white box on the sidelines!  I think they call that, the Get Back Coach?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Bfine

Wyche warrior or Bengalholic
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Please hire me to make sure no one, I mean no one, can step out of the white box on the sidelines!  I think they call that, the Get Back Coach?

LOL.....the get back guy....as Glanville referred to him.  You're on my good man! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Wyche warrior or Bengalholic

Not sure I'd be a good choice because my first act would be to pay an ungodly amount of money to hire Kate Upton as head cheerleader, along with a smokin' hot squad that would all be clad in micro bikinis. I'd also offer one free doubleshot of Johnny Walker per quarter to every adult Bengals fan at every home game. So, right off the bat, we'd have financial and league image problems. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 01:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure I'd be a good choice because my first act would be to pay an ungodly amount of money to hire Kate Upton as head cheerleader, along with a smokin' hot squad that would all be clad in micro bikinis. I'd also offer one free doubleshot of Johnny Walker per quarter to every adult Bengals fan at every home game. So, right off the bat, we'd have financial and league image problems. LOL

I feel vindicated in my judgment!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 01:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure I'd be a good choice because my first act would be to pay an ungodly amount of money to hire Kate Upton as head cheerleader, along with a smokin' hot squad that would all be clad in micro bikinis. I'd also offer one free doubleshot of Johnny Walker per quarter to every adult Bengals fan at every home game. So, right off the bat, we'd have financial and league image problems. LOL

.......aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd that's why you'd be head of my PR and marketing department! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As owner of the Bengals, I would hire bfine as GM and fredtoast as HC. I would let fred decide if he wants to keep Paul Alexander as OL coach. Mellow

Careful, he might bring Brat back too
Reply/Quote
I'll talk a high-paying job shooting t-shirts into the stands!
Reply/Quote
Definitely expand the Scouting Department with several people in here.
I'd also hire several IT guys to take the information from the Scouts and put it all into a Database. We would scout all NCAA teams and build up a collection of favorite plays by all NFL teams and have the counter defenses/offenses drawn up so when it's time to face that team, we'd practice how to beat them. Of course in some cases we might not ever face that team this year, but the Coach could change to one that we face. So we'd have a heads up on his style. Hmm, looks like we'd be PFF on Cuban coffee.
Reply/Quote

I knew i picked the right poster lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote