Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could only keep 5 players and 1 coach...
(11-06-2016, 01:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Change the coach to Marvin and that's my list.

Why Marvin, you ask?  His performance as coordinator for the Ravens and a bad Redskins team speaks for itself, and he was able to turn around this franchise.  Many lose sight of that, not me...

Smart man!?
Reply/Quote
5 Nick Vigil's! Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Dalton
Atkins
Green
Dunlap
Eifert

Butt seriously, this.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Dalton - Franchise QB, no brainer
AJ Green - Maybe the best WR in game
Eifert - If he can stay healthy that is
Dunlap - in prime and still has several top level years left in the tank
Geno - Always welcome on my squad

Zimmer, lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 04:01 PM)samhain Wrote: Green
Dalton
Dunlap
Atkins
Eifert

Eifert is just too good when healthy to be ignored.  I honestly don't even think we've seen his full potential met at this point.  An offense with Green, Dalton and Eifert is a nice starting point.

With the turd status or age of the rest of the d-line, they just couldn't afford to lose Carlos or Geno.

I'd keep Urban or maybe Zampese if I had to keep a coach.  I'd like to see what Zampese could do without a giant zero playing at RT most of the time.
Does the OC have ANY say in who plays? It would seem that play calling and players on the field are closely intertwined.
Reply/Quote
AJ
Dalton - (any better qb would not be in draft)
Dunlap - toss up with him or Geno, but I'll take the edge rusher
Gio
Eifert

Zampese I suppose, but replaceable via draft

anyone else can go, take my chances in the draft.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Players

1. Dalton (because he sucks)
2. Green (because he's black) (really, if you don't know why I would keep AJ you think Andy Dalton sucks, and you think I think Dalton sucks too)
3. Jake Fisher (because Whitworth is old)
4. Atkins (because he is the best d-lineman we have)
5. Vigil (for the Vigilantes)

Coach

1. Paul Alexander (just to piss people off)

Seriously, I think he is a good coach. And the fact he can play a musical instrument does not threaten my manhood.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 10:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Dalton - Franchise QB, no brainer
AJ Green - Maybe the best WR in game
Eifert - If he can stay healthy that is
Dunlap - in prime and still has several top level years left in the tank
Geno - Always welcome on my squad

Zimmer, lol

FYI Geno went to high school at St. Thomas Aquinas which is a high school here in Florida, in Fort Lauderdale, with 8 state titles under their belt.

The guy that was DC when Geno played there, was coaching at North Fort Myers High School, where my son and Deion Sanders went, and where Ernest Graham is now the HC there.  

Geno's high school DC said he has never seen a high school, player, before or since, with the work ethic, strength, determination, and talent that Geno has.  He said he was freakish good!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:26 PM)xxlt Wrote: Players

1. Dalton (because he sucks)
2. Green (because he's black) (really, if you don't know why I would keep AJ you think Andy Dalton sucks, and you think I think Dalton sucks too)
3. Jake Fisher (because Whitworth is old)
4. Atkins (because he is the best d-lineman we have)
5. Vigil (for the Vigilantes)

Coach

1. Paul Alexander (just to piss people off)

Seriously, I think he is a good coach. And the fact he can play a musical instrument does not threaten my manhood.
Wow.  What a comfortable bigot.
Reply/Quote
Dalton 
Green
Eifert 
Geno 
Burfict 

Thankfully this isn't a real scenario, as I would absolutely hate to lose Dunlap. But despite Eifert's constant injuries,  and Burfict's issues (including having a down year) I still rate their importance to this team ahead of Dunlap's. Just my opinion though. 

Reply/Quote
AJ Green
Andy Dalton
Carlos Dunlap
Geno Atkins
Tyler Eifert

Paul Guenther

I think we'd be best served blowing up the o-line, including the coach who is clearly doing an awful job judging from every stat you can measure an o-line by. He's also whiffed on a lot of players lately. I'd be interested to hear a defense of him right now, using statistical data and recent success stories.

Guenther's defense hasn't been impressive this season, but he's working in a lot of new coaches, has an overweight Burfict and a slipping Pacman. I still think he's a solid coach, but this year is one to forget.

Eifert by a hair over Burfict. Both have injury problems, but Eifert is still a beast on the field. When you add Burfict's new weight issue along with the giant target on his back, and his occasional lack of discipline, the negatives are almost starting to outweigh the positives.

Andy and AJ are the keys to our offense. The D-line has always been the key to our defense. So I'd keep those going and rebuild everything else.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Vigil was a steal in round 3. Said no one

Dalton
Dunlap
Burdick
Green
Geno
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 12:28 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Wow.  What a comfortable bigot.

The observations one makes about the written word often reveal more about the observer than the observed.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If Burfict lost weight, would have to knock someone out...

Antonio Brown maybe? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:55 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Green
Geno
Whitworth
Dalton
Dunlap

Urban- Wr Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first post nailed it.  I can't change a thing here.  

The funny thing is, if you would have asked me the same question at the same point of the season last year, the list would have looked as follows:

AJ
Andy
Adam Jones
Geno 
Burfict

Hue Jackson

Hue is gone, Burfict and Jones are not the same players, and Whit has become even MORE important because of the lack of development of the new OTs, Zeitler underwhelming, and Bodine never really doing much.  

So, the defense sucks and the offense has no balls.   And that is why last year they were 8-0 and this year they are 3-4-1.   Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 12:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: AJ Green
Andy Dalton
Carlos Dunlap
Geno Atkins
Tyler Eifert

Paul Guenther

I think we'd be best served blowing up the o-line, including the coach who is clearly doing an awful job judging from every stat you can measure an o-line by. He's also whiffed on a lot of players lately. I'd be interested to hear a defense of him right now, using statistical data and recent success stories.

Guenther's defense hasn't been impressive this season, but he's working in a lot of new coaches, has an overweight Burfict and a slipping Pacman. I still think he's a solid coach, but this year is one to forget.

Eifert by a hair over Burfict. Both have injury problems, but Eifert is still a beast on the field. When you add Burfict's new weight issue along with the giant target on his back, and his occasional lack of discipline, the negatives are almost starting to outweigh the positives.

Andy and AJ are the keys to our offense. The D-line has always been the key to our defense. So I'd keep those going and rebuild everything else.

This game could be even more fun, if you tweaked the rules just a tad.  Like, you must choose one (1) player, and only one, from each general position group (QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB), along with a must keep of a coach from each side of the ball, or the HC and one other coach.

For example, my team would be

Dalton
Gio
AJ Green
Eifert
Boling
Dunlap
Vinny Rey
WJ III

Coaches: Guenther and Simmons

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not sure why anyone would use one of their five spots on a 35 year old player. Heck, I thought about leaving Geno off for a younger player, but we don't have any really good young players. We do have a lot of good players younger than Whit though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 09:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This game could be even more fun, if you tweaked the rules just a tad.  Like, you must choose one (1) player, and only one, from each general position group (QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB), along with a must keep of a coach from each side of the ball, or the HC and one other coach.

For example, my team would be

Dalton
Gio
AJ Green
Eifert
Boling
Dunlap
Vinny Rey
WJ III

Coaches:  Guenther and Simmons

Good idea, but it's a little late to change things up. I should've done something like that to keep everyone from voting for the same players (you'd have to decide between Dunlap and Atkins, etc).
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The first post nailed it.  I can't change a thing here.  

The funny thing is, if you would have asked me the same question at the same point of the season last year, the list would have looked as follows:

AJ
Andy
Adam Jones
Geno 
Burfict

Hue Jackson

Hue is gone, Burfict and Jones are not the same players, and Whit has become even MORE important because of the lack of development of the new OTs, Zeitler underwhelming, and Bodine never really doing much.  

So, the defense sucks and the offense has no balls.   And that is why last year they were 8-0 and this year they are 3-4-1.   Sick

While Whit is a great player.. I would worry about him being on of 5 players I started a new team with just because hes close to retirement I believe.

Andy Dalton
AJ Green
Dunlap.
Boiling
WJIII

And the coach I'm Keeping is Darien Simmons.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 12:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure why anyone would use one of their five spots on a 35 year old player. Heck, I thought about leaving Geno off for a younger player, but we don't have any really good young players. We do have a lot of good players younger than Whit though.

Leadership purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote