Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could only keep 5 players and 1 coach...
AJ
Dalton
Dunlap
Geno

Those four are the easy ones in my mind, after that I'd look at Burfict, Boling, Zietler, Eifert, Whit, Iloka, Pacman, etc. whit is too old to justify keeping in this scenario, Burfict, Zietler, Iloka, and Pacman have not played well enough this year to make me think any of them are musts. I finally landed on Eifert, I know he has injury problems but if healthy he's a star and can help make any offense much better. The 5th spot as a whole was very underwhelming when looking at current performance though. Also based on current play I'll pass on all coaches. If I have to pick one I'll go with Zamp because he is new to the job and improving IMO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Green
Dalton
Atkins
Eifert
Dunlap

Simmons is my coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:55 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Green
Geno
Whitworth
Dalton
Dunlap

Urban- Wr Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: While Whit is a great player.. I would worry about him being on of 5 players I started a new team with just because hes close to retirement I believe.

Andy Dalton
AJ Green
Dunlap.
Boiling
WJIII

And the coach I'm Keeping is Darien Simmons.

Whit is currently the #1 ranked OT against the pass and #2 overall.  I would sign him to at least a couple more years right now, and maybe even three if he feels he may be able to extend his career at Guard.  No way am I starting a new team without a cornerstone like Whit.  

Boling is solid, but hardly worth a top 5 on the team ranking.  I would keep Geno, Eifert, and maybe even Tyler Boyd before him.

The WJIII selection is an interesting one, and the team would clearly need CBs.   I have high hopes for him, but I said the same thing about Dennard and Brandon Ghee.  I love the fact that he had something ridiculous like 28 passes defensed his last year in college.  Damn, does this team ever need someone on defense with a nose for the ball.  

I like Simmons a lot.  I only chose Urban over him because of his success with AJ and the new WRs.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 07:21 AM)xxlt Wrote: The observations one makes about the written word often reveal more about the observer than the observed.

....says the guy making assumptions based on observations about the written word concerning coaches and instruments. Ninja

Dalton
Green
Atkins
Eifert 
Dunlap.

Burfict has lost me coming in here looking worse than Rey Hockaloogie physically....and playing about as bad.

I struggle not putting Whit there.....but age is a cruel mistress.

I'll take the ball boy from this turd staff.  No one else.  Also....can we fire Son of Paul?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There are 5 players that pick themselves

QB - Andy Dalton
WR - AJ Green
DT - Geno Atkins
DE - Carlos Dunlap
OG - Kevin Zietler

As for coaches. I can't say i care much for any of them that much, but i would say probably James Urban - WR Coach
Reply/Quote
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Burfict
Zietler
Reply/Quote