Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you know you're going to be murdered
Im watching "Schindlers List" on Flix right now and with the recent mass murders this past week it got me thinking.

Why would anyone knowingly just walk to their deaths?

Those Christians who had their heads cut off on video by isis, they know they are going to die a horrible death...why cooperate with them in any way?

I know there were some who fought back and didn't cooperate like the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto, the Jews and Russians at Sobibor, the man this past week who rushed the gunman and was shot seven times. There are more examples I'm sure of heroic acts against evil.

If only there were more.

I'm just thinking out loud and trying to make sense of things.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
My quickest guess is that they may figure if they don't walk to their deaths they may be tortured or exposed to inhumane conditions that would make death seem like a veritable blessing by comparison. Just a guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Maybe they knew that their life isn't what mattered but that they stood with God. And knowing that God stands with them in that moment is all the comfort they need.

Isis slaughters lots of people who refuse to renounce God.

Evil always tries to corrupt us and turn us from God.

Oddly enough a lot of connections with your examples. Nazi's to Isis via the Muslim brotherhood. Evil always finds a way to live on, they just change their identity.
(10-04-2015, 12:46 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe they knew that their life isn't what mattered but that they stood with God.  And knowing that God stands with them in that moment is all the comfort they need.  

Isis slaughters lots of people who refuse to renounce God.  

Evil always tries to corrupt us and turn us from God.    

Oddly enough a lot of connections with your examples.  Nazi's to Isis via the Muslim brotherhood.   Evil always finds a way to live on, they just change their identity.

ISIS slaughters those who refuse to renounce Christianity...unless your belief is that by renouncing Christianity you are renouncing the one true God.
(10-04-2015, 12:18 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Im watching "Schindlers List" on Flix right now and with the recent mass murders this past week it got me thinking.

Those Christians who had their heads cut off on video by isis, they know they are going to die a horrible death...why cooperate with them in any way?

I know there were some who fought back and didn't cooperate like the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto, the Jews and Russians at Sobibor, the man this past week who rushed the gunman and was shot seven times. There are more examples I'm sure of heroic acts against evil.

If only there were more.

Martyrdom.  Those that are willing to die at the hands of others for refusing to renouncing their faith are true martyrs. Those that kill themselves for the purpose of murdering the innocent and then crowned martyrs are nothing more than Muslim savages.

Too bad Jews didn't have the option of renouncing their faith. Even if they could, wouldn't have mattered they're still Jews.
(10-04-2015, 05:14 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: ISIS slaughters those who refuse to renounce Christianity...unless your belief is that by renouncing Christianity you are renouncing the one true God.

I believe you are.
(10-04-2015, 05:36 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Martyrdom.  Those that are willing to die at the hands of others for refusing to renouncing their faith are true martyrs. Those that kill themselves for the purpose of murdering the innocent and then crowned martyrs are nothing more than Muslim savages.

Too bad Jews didn't have the option of renouncing their faith. Even if they could, wouldn't have mattered they're still Jews.

Don't you have another web site you can use to share your antisemetic bigotry?  I know you're just a caricature, but you're crossing a line. Repeatedly. 
(10-04-2015, 12:18 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Im watching "Schindlers List" on Flix right now and with the recent mass murders this past week it got me thinking.

If only there were more.

My guess is that once it gets close enough, and you know it is inevitable, that you become resigned and go into a sort of state of shock as a defense mechanism. Not defense as in preventing it from happening, but a self defense against the trauma of the act. Your brain kind of switches off and the event is somehow less traumatic. If you have ever seen prey animals being killed, they kind of do the same thing. They fight and struggle to a point, then they just kind of lay there and switch off. I think its some kind of primal mechanism in all living things.
(10-04-2015, 09:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Don't you have another web site you can use to share your antisemetic bigotry?  I know you're just a caricature, but you're crossing a line. Repeatedly. 

Wow. I suspected perhaps the "savage Muslim" remark may touch a nerve or pull at a liberals heartstrings, but this I admit I was blindsided by.

You do understand that "Jewish" refers to both a religion and an ethnicity right? Hitler was not interested in converting Jews or having them renounce their religion, It was their ethnicity that was "the problem", therefore Jews didn't even have that option. If I were given the choice of being killed or renounce my Christianity, you better believe I'd choose the latter. 
If you don't feel like an a-hole now you're probably used to it.
(10-04-2015, 09:28 AM)Beaker Wrote: My guess is that once it gets close enough, and you know it is inevitable, that you become resigned and go into a sort of state of shock as a defense mechanism. Not defense as in preventing it from happening, but a self defense against the trauma of the act. Your brain kind of switches off and the event is somehow less traumatic. If you have ever seen prey animals being killed, they kind of do the same thing. They fight and struggle to a point, then they just kind of lay there and switch off. I think its some kind of primal mechanism in all living things.

This, the captives are usually mentally and physically broken, especially in the case of Schindlers List.

Hell of a movie though.
Abrahamic religions teach something better comes next. Death isn't a big deal.

And Christianity in particular teaches to avoid violence, even if it means harm comes to you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2015, 11:06 PM)Benton Wrote: Abrahamic religions teach something better comes next. Death isn't a big deal.

And of those religions the 72 virgins Islam promises is the best deal in town imo.
(10-04-2015, 11:18 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: And of those religions the 72 virgins Islam promises is the best deal in town imo.

Virgins stink in the sack.

Give me 72 whores.
(10-05-2015, 02:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Virgins stink in the sack.

Give me 72 whores.

True

LMAO
(10-04-2015, 11:18 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: And of those religions the 72 virgins Islam promises is the best deal in town imo.

Only if you are overly concerned of the desires of the flesh.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

But does it say what gender those virgins are? 'Cause, for me anyways, that's a huge deal.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-05-2015, 09:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But does it say what gender those virgins are? 'Cause, for me anyways, that's a huge deal.

That would be the ultimate f you haha. Sell your soul to evil to get a bunch of dudes .... Haha magical.