Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If you're Andy Dalton...how pissed are you?
He prolly be like...

[Image: th?id=OIP.dpPzKBz5FJbl-tLUkHjzPAEsDh&pid...=206&h=156]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don't think Dalton is pissed at all.

Dalton, unlike many on this board, has resolve and gumption.

He most likely looks at this season as another chance to prove himself. With Whit gone, he is now the true number 1 leader of this team.

I think Dalton performs well and puts together a solid season.

Do other teams know that they don't need an OL worth a damn, that as long as their QB has resolve and gumption, that all their problems are solved? What's a lack of run game, or an instantly collapsing pocket with 270-330lb men charging full steam at you to crush you, so long as you have resolve and gumption?  

Sounds like Greencorn went to the Dusty Baker school of sports. All you need is a little Grit and Veterany-ness. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don't think Dalton is pissed at all.

Dalton, unlike many on this board, has resolve and gumption.

He most likely looks at this season as another chance to prove himself. With Whit gone, he is now the true number 1 leader of this team.

I think Dalton performs well and puts together a solid season.

Basically what I said.

Players don't think about stuff the way fans do. If they did theyd drive themselves insane and no doubt their play will suffer.

If Andy is at home right now crying that Whit and Z are gone then hes already setting himself up to fail.
Reply/Quote
"Players don't think like we do" and "they have more resolve" would probably hold more weight if players weren't openly questioning the teams direction you know...yesterday.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Players don't think like we do" and "they have more resolve" would probably hold more weight if players weren't openly questioning the teams direction you know...yesterday.

Carlos did it but hes only one guy out of 53

Cant call that a trend under ANY definition

My statement is proven wrong if it becomes a trend
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 10:06 PM)Housh Wrote: Carlos did it but hes only one guy out of 53

Cant call that a trend under ANY definition

My statement is proven wrong if it becomes a trend

Carlos did it, and after the Bengals lost Whit and Zeitler, Gio tweeted only an emoji of a zipped closed mouth.

AJ Green during last season called out the OL on their lack of blocking for Dalton.

Didn't Adam Jones call out the FO handling of Mike Nugent?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Do other teams know that they don't need an OL worth a damn, that as long as their QB has resolve and gumption, that all their problems are solved? What's a lack of run game, or an instantly collapsing pocket with 270-330lb men charging full steam at you to crush you, so long as you have resolve and gumption?  

Sounds like Greencorn went to the Dusty Baker school of sports. All you need is a little Grit and Veterany-ness. Ninja

lol don't remember saying resolve and gumption meant all problems solved.

My point was Andy isn't one to give up easily and probably is facing his problems head on instead of whining about it all day and getting "pissed off"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 07:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely less than most on this message board. We are just one draft removed from taking Olinemen with our first two pick in an effort to protect him going forward We've also taken a first round guard and a 3rd round Center. 

Have they turned out to be the most talented Oline in the NFL? Nope. But should Andy be pissed about it? Nope and he most likely isn't. He seems pretty mature. 

And those two O Lineman showed no signs of being able to handle the load this year. 

The Bengals know it, the fans know it, Andy Dalton knows it. The organization did nothing to try and fix the problem. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:36 PM)Housh Wrote: Basically what I said.

Players don't think about stuff the way fans do. If they did theyd drive themselves insane and no doubt their play will suffer.

If Andy is at home right now crying that Whit and Z are gone then hes already setting himself up to fail.

Carlos Dunlap and Gio think the way fans do. Have you seen their latest tweets? Dont forget about what AJ said last year, too.

Also, Carson Palmer got so fed up that he rather retire than play for the Bengals. Players see this crap just like the fans do.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is a professional, in every sense of the word.  You wouldn't know he was pissed, even if he was.  I'd say he's already on the phone to his coaches and teammates, planning the offensive strategy going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would be asking for a trade or the Bengals to make some moves. This is a reason why if I were an athlete I would never sign a deal with a team for more than 3 years.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I bet he's laying in bed with his fine wife... Counting his money, and his blessings. The man's a professional. I guarantee he is sweating this situation way less than many of us are.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Andy Dalton is a professional, in every sense of the word.  You wouldn't know he was pissed, even if he was.  I'd say he's already on the phone to his coaches and teammates, planning the offensive strategy going forward.

I don't think he is actually allowed to do that under the CBA. Players can gather together of their own free will and toss a football or whatnot, but in the offseason coach/player contact is strictly social only. So they couldn't give him a playbook or any plays, and they couldn't call each other and talk X's and O's.

So if he is doing that and someone finds out, the Bengals are going to be punished by the league.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some on this board are already laying the groundwork to blame 2017 on Dalton.

Some are already laying the groundwork to make more excuses for Dalton in 2017.....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Carlos did it, and after the Bengals lost Whit and Zeitler, Gio tweeted only an emoji of a zipped closed mouth.

AJ Green during last season called out the OL on their lack of blocking for Dalton.

Didn't Adam Jones call out the FO handling of Mike Nugent?

That's why I said players. If people think these players aren't concerned when winning affects their livelihood, they're fooling themselves.

They're mostly going to give PC answers because they have to, but if these types of offseasons continue, don't be surprised when more key players bolt in FA.

(03-15-2017, 11:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Andy Dalton is a professional, in every sense of the word.  You wouldn't know he was pissed, even if he was.  I'd say he's already on the phone to his coaches and teammates, planning the offensive strategy going forward.

I agree with this, but I'm sure inside he's concerned. How could he not be? Dalton is a good soldier though. I don't expect another Palmer situation.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:39 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Some are already laying the groundwork to make more excuses for Dalton in 2017.....

Dalton doesn't need excuses. Sacked 41 times and missing more than half his receivers last year and still had a fine season.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
When you sign on with Mike Brown, you are contractually obligated to bite the crap sandwich. They scout and draft only players who test high in this trait. Any non crap sandwich biters who slip through the cracks will be promptly run out of town regardless of ability......So no. Dalton is not pissed.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's more like "Win or lose, I'm gettin' paid!"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:39 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Some are already laying the groundwork to make more excuses for Dalton in 2017.....

See.....must have stung. We're on to you guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 10:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: lol don't remember saying resolve and gumption meant all problems solved.

My point was Andy isn't one to give up easily and probably is facing his problems head on instead of whining about it all day and getting "pissed off"

Serious question.  How does Andy face the problem "head on"?  Andy has no control over this situation, but is one who has to suffer because of it. He is the one who will take the bruises and the beating, who will have to deal with long term health ramifications.  He is the one who will most likely see his numbers drop, who will know with each passing year that the chances for true NFL greatness become less and less.

Anyone who thinks the players do not pay attention to what is going on, and don't have feelings about it, are kidding themselves.  News flash, these guys are human.  They watch the same NFL Network and ESPN that we do, they follow the same social media feeds.  Their health, their livelihoods, and their future all are dependent on moves made not only by this front office, but by the league in general.  They are not robots... they have thoughts, emotions, and feelings.  There is another thread where people are arguing that Carlos should just "shut up, play, and collect his checks".  Sorry, but that is not the world we live in.  People are allowed to think for themselves.
Reply/Quote