Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you won the lottery what you buying?
(10-28-2021, 02:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I would never speak to any of you or any of my real friends ever again.
After changing my name, I would buy a mansion in SoCal where I would bang models that I would buy with coke.
Hire Metallica to play my birthday parties and Exodus to play my Halloween parties even though most of my time would be in my other mansions in Germany or in New Zealand. No more Alaskan winters for me.
I would travel the world and eat at the finest restaurants and drink fresh beer at the finest breweries.
After about 15-20 years, I will then most likely be found a few blocks from my final whorehouse visit, in a ditch, bloated, in a alcoholic induced coma from which I will never recover, penniless.

Yeah, it's gone through my mind once or twice.

I'd pretty much do this, maybe visit Bangkok.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:29 PM)hollodero Wrote: I get the overall plan, but why a mansion in Germany of all places? The country's not that beautiful and also full of Germans...

have you been there it has some beautiful sights.. Mountains and Castle quaint little villages  and great BEER
Reply/Quote
My Mom her retirement.

My debts paid off.

My dream car.

Shiba-Inu.

Continue to work while whatever is left is being handled by people better at it than I am. And I won't be nearly as stressed about how idiotic my workplace can be anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have you been there it has some beautiful sights.. Mountains and Castle quaint little villages  and great BEER

You can have all of this in increased intensity in Austria. Well, maybe castles specifically are more of a tie, but how important is the quality of castles in the big picture anyway.

Our villages are famously quaint, Germany's mountains are an embarrassment really, and the beverages I will not dare to call beer the common German consumes is something I would not even feed a Steelers fan. And yeah, I've been to Germany many times, it's mostly flat, boring and infested with Germans everywhere. Hence I would urge you to rethink your choice on how to spend your virtual 50 million dollars.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have you been there it has some beautiful sights.. Mountains and Castle quaint little villages  and great BEER

Well he is from Austria. Sorta like asking someone from Ohio have they ever been to Indiana 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 05:45 PM)hollodero Wrote: You can have all of this in increased intensity in Austria. Well, maybe castles specifically are more of a tie, but how important is the quality of castles in the big picture anyway.

Our villages are famously quaint, Germany's mountains are an embarrassment really, and the beverages I will not dare to call beer the common German consumes is something I would not even feed a Steelers fan. And yeah, I've been to Germany many times, it's mostly flat, boring and infested with Germans everywhere. Hence I would urge you to rethink your choice on how to spend your virtual 50 million dollars.

So then...you don't care for Germany?
Confused
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he is from Austria. Sorta like asking someone from Ohio have they ever been to Indiana 

as someone from Ohio I avoid Indiana  lol
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:32 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So then...you don't care for Germany?
Confused

There's definitely not much love loss between those two countries.  Having spent months of time in each, the general feedback I've seen is that Germans think Austrians are backward, country bumpkins, quaint in the wrong way.  And Austrians see Germans as stuffy, arrogant, and generally stiff and boring.  Personally?  I've enjoyed the people, cities and beer more in Austria.  I have German heritage, have spent a lot of time there and even worked for a company HQ'd there (which I visited a few years ago for about a month) and have still always felt like more of an outsider when visiting Germany compared to Austria.  Some of that is more regional, though.  

Mostly I get a kick out of the way they view each other.  And would say it's not too terribly far off from how the Tri State views each other!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: as someone from Ohio I avoid Indiana  lol

I've lived in both.  Prefer the Hoosier state personally.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 10:57 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: There's definitely not much love loss between those two countries.  Having spent months of time in each, the general feedback I've seen is that Germans think Austrians are backward, country bumpkins, quaint in the wrong way.  And Austrians see Germans as stuffy, arrogant, and generally stiff and boring.  Personally?  I've enjoyed the people, cities and beer more in Austria.  I have German heritage, have spent a lot of time there and even worked for a company HQ'd there (which I visited a few years ago for about a month) and have still always felt like more of an outsider when visiting Germany compared to Austria.  Some of that is more regional, though.  

Mostly I get a kick out of the way they view each other.  And would say it's not too terribly far off from how the Tri State views each other!

So then...he doesn't like Germany is what you're saying?
Hilarious
Sorry man, just messin' with you.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I would never speak to any of you or any of my real friends ever again.
After changing my name, I would buy a mansion in SoCal where I would bang models that I would buy with coke.
Hire Metallica to play my birthday parties and Exodus to play my Halloween parties even though most of my time would be in my other mansions in Germany or in New Zealand. No more Alaskan winters for me.
I would travel the world and eat at the finest restaurants and drink fresh beer at the finest breweries.
After about 15-20 years, I will then most likely be found a few blocks from my final whorehouse visit, in a ditch, bloated, in a alcoholic induced coma from which I will never recover, penniless.

Yeah, it's gone through my mind once or twice.

The idea of drinking yourself to death surrounded by whores? Might as well go out in a blaze of glory and inject some industrial grade stuff along with your ho's.. I lived that life for awhile and wouldn't give a plug nickle for it again.. Sounds like a recipe for a lot of misery. There are better ways to blow through 50 million bucks.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
10% to a few of my favorite Churches
House in Kentucky to live in during the winter
Better house in Michigan, probably on the lake
Wrangler TJ and a '71 Cuda
Better homes for a few close friends and family
Randomly tip people thousands of dollars
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 01:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 10% to a few of my favorite Churches
House in Kentucky to live in during the winter
Better house in Michigan, probably on the lake
Wrangler TJ and a '71 Cuda
Better homes for a few close friends and family
Randomly tip people thousands of dollars

Interesting choice of states there man...
Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:51 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Interesting choice of states there man...
Hmm

My family is in KY and my Wife's family is in Michigan.

Michigan summers are amazing, but the winter is brutal. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My family is in KY and my Wife's family is in Michigan.

Michigan summers are amazing, but the winter is brutal. 

Lol, I'm messin' with you man.  I am firmly behind their current laws pertaining to a certain substance.  I'm BIG TIME pro-cannabis.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:51 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Lol, I'm messin' with you man.  I am firmly behind their current laws pertaining to a certain substance.  I'm BIG TIME pro-cannabis.

I suspect it won't be much longer and it will be legalized nation-wide.  There's a lot of tax revenue for states and with several already having legalized it (and for a while now in some cases), the push against it seems to be lessening.  I don't partake myself, and never have, but in a pioneer state for its legalization, I can say it doesn't impact my daily life in the least.  And out in suburbia where I live, there aren't even dispensaries and I never come in contact with it.  I do think it had an impact on the homeless population (a lot of people moved here when it was legalized, but then got priced out of living in the area), but that's a different topic for a different day/thread... 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:41 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've lived in both.  Prefer the Hoosier state personally.

i got some family out there but generally only go for weddings and funerals and its been more of the latter lately.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i got some family out there but generally only go for weddings and funerals and its been more of the latter lately.

Hilarious
Indiana Tourism:
   People Come Here To Die
[Image: azaleas+3-s-w1000-h500-q80-m1588792314.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:38 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I suspect it won't be much longer and it will be legalized nation-wide.  There's a lot of tax revenue for states and with several already having legalized it (and for a while now in some cases), the push against it seems to be lessening.  I don't partake myself, and never have, but in a pioneer state for its legalization, I can say it doesn't impact my daily life in the least.  And out in suburbia where I live, there aren't even dispensaries and I never come in contact with it.  I do think it had an impact on the homeless population (a lot of people moved here when it was legalized, but then got priced out of living in the area), but that's a different topic for a different day/thread... 

There are a lot of public misconceptions out there.  Someday it will be accepted.  But great to hear your perspective.  Thanks man.
Reply/Quote
Polyvinyl sex robots.

Yes, I do need more than one.
Reply/Quote