Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you won the lottery what you buying?
Pay off all debt.

Set up trusts for next couple of generations of family.

Buy section 8 housing complex.

Pay someone to manage.

Rest to charities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lake house, beach house, mountain house, Cincinnati house. Buy a hotel to house homeless and help them get back on their feet. Donate my way into the good graces of a premier higher education entity and become a full time college student and go learn stuff when I felt like it.
Reply/Quote
First thing that I would buy is a damn good attorney, to protect me from all of the leeches that would certainly want a piece of the pie.

Next up, the Omega Teeth!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hookers.
Cocaine.
.50 caliber machine gun and a place to shoot it.
Fully restored 1960 Mercedes 300sl roadster with an LS engine swap.
More hookers
More cocaine

...and then throw the rest away...

As to me...I'm sure I'd be much more greedy than some around here.

Welcome to bfine Island:
https://www.privateislandsonline.com/south-pacific/frenchpolynesia/motu-tane-1

[Image: _2741_5e344d0997b73.jpg-1360-1100.jpg]
[Image: _2741_5e344d0dd82f4.jpg-1360-1100.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:42 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Paying off debts and retiring. Do some renovations to my home.

The one fun thing I would do is add a supercharger to my Corvette.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lake house, beach house, mountain house, Cincinnati house. Buy a hotel to house homeless and help them get back on their feet. Donate my way into the good graces of a premier higher education entity and become a full time college student and go learn stuff when I felt like it.

I saw that movie once.  It had Rodney Dangerfield starring.  
Reply/Quote
I'd buy some land between Cincinnati and Lexington that was far enough away from people that I could avoid them if I wanted to. I'd want some woods around it. At that point, I'd build a modestly nice home. I'd have a building with a fully furnished gym facility so I never had to use a public health club again. I'd build a massive greenhouse for tropical plants with a water feature running though it, kind of like my own personal conservatory. I'd keep fish, reptiles and birds as well as plants. I'd spend my days in there working.

I'd have a place in La Jolla Shores, CA for vacations.

I'd get high a lot.

I would get a box suite at PBS like the corporate folk have.

Other than that, I'd invest and pay people to keep me from getting sued or going broke.
Reply/Quote
I'd give a huge chunk of it away. I definitely don't need that much money and my kids don't either. They wouldn't be able to handle sudden wealth and neither would I for that matter. I lived really poor most of my adult life, worked hard, physical labor jobs and so on. I absolutely have no need for that much loot, but I do have real plans if it ever happens to build cheap inexpensive houses in one town or community I start. 50 million won't go far then, but with 50 mil it's a hell of a lot easier to get bank financing for such things than if you only have $1000. When you're poor banks don't need you, but they damned sure need you if you're rich.
I've given such a community a great deal of thought...Not to far from high density urban areas, but not to close either. The houses go for low income people with definite strings attached, but it would be real housing and not just some overpriced rental for them.. Once that gets rolling so does money from other big dollar benefactors and blah, blah, blah.. In other words, do something to actually make a mark on this world instead of just vanity nonsense..
As far as drugs, booze, etc..I've done them already and spent years in treatment getting past that part of my life. I have no need to return to it. Bengals? Ehhh..I could easily afford to pay to watch them on TV anywhere in the world. I'm not much for crowds. Girls? I've had my share of drop dead gorgeous in my life. Now it's not nearly as important and it would definitely piss off the old woman in my life..
I would like a much better equipped workshop..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Probly a pizza.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'd give a huge chunk of it away. I definitely don't need that much money and my kids don't either. They wouldn't be able to handle sudden wealth and neither would I for that matter. I lived really poor most of my adult life, worked hard, physical labor jobs and so on. I absolutely have no need for that much loot, but I do have real plans if it ever happens to build cheap inexpensive houses in one town or community I start. 50 million won't go far then, but with 50 mil it's a hell of a lot easier to get bank financing for such things than if you only have $1000. When you're poor banks don't need you, but they damned sure need you if you're rich.
I've given such a community a great deal of thought...Not to far from high density urban areas, but not to close either. The houses go for low income people with definite strings attached, but it would be real housing and not just some overpriced rental for them.. Once that gets rolling so does money from other big dollar benefactors and blah, blah, blah.. In other words, do something to actually make a mark on this world instead of just vanity nonsense..
As far as drugs, booze, etc..I've done them already and spent years in treatment getting past that part of my life. I have no need to return to it. Bengals? Ehhh..I could easily afford to pay to watch them on TV anywhere in the world. I'm not much for crowds. Girls? I've had my share of drop dead gorgeous in my life. Now it's not nearly as important and it would definitely piss off the old woman in my life..
I would like a much better equipped workshop..

Yeah, I'd keep the wife around for sure.  I'm not sure I'd trust a woman that was interested in me once I had that kind of money.  Gotta go with what you know.  
Reply/Quote
Move to a legal recreational cannabis state. Build a gorgeous, but still somewhat modest home, preferably with a pond. Help out family members, within reason. Get a fat ass truck. Ahhhhhhh...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always told myself that if anything like that happens to me, the first payment made is 5% of the winnings each to Shriner's Children's Hospital and 5% to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Every time I see a commercial for either of those organizations I get depressed thinking about what those poor kids have to go through, but fortunately I smile when I think about how those two organizations help those families in need.
Reply/Quote
My answer is pretty boring. I would take a small percentage of the winnings (say a million or two) and allow myself only to spend that within the first year or two. With that money I'd buy some nice things, but nothing crazy.

I'd buy a nice house here for 500k, maybe a 50k Lexus or Acura, and treat myself to a lot of toys that won't necessarily put a much of dent in my winnings; things like a state of the art TV, PS5, a state of the art surround system, all new furniture, a few nice guitars, etc. I'd also take a couple very nice and extended vacations.

I feel like this approach would allow me to ease into being filthy rich. I'd still get to have some fun and my standard of living would immediately improve but I would leave 95% of my fortune untouched until I can really get a handle on it. I'm going to want and need lawyers/accountants/advisors, etc.; that's going to take time. It's also going to take me time to wrap my head around all of this.

I could be wrong, but I think a big mistake many people make is immediately buring through huge percentges of their new wealth. I feel like much can be gained to taking a deep breath and slowing ramping up your spending until you have a plan in place.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Probly a pizza.

Mellow

Or a hamburger from Five Guys.

I am surprised hip hop artists don't rap about burgers from Five Guys.
Reply/Quote
I'm giving it all the the Great Hookers benevolent association and cat house towel boys fund..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 03:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm giving it all the the Great Hookers benevolent association and cat house towel boys fund..
depending on how much, id get a group of investors to make Mike B an "offer he cant refuse "to sell the team
of course my measly 5M or whatever it is would be a small tiny fraction of ownership.  
Reply/Quote
My debts
My family’s debts

A new pick em up truck
The wife a new vehicle if she wants it.

Some land out away from everyone.

Build a house on said land.

Buy a few more guns to protect previously mentioned land.

Raise some goats.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I would never speak to any of you or any of my real friends ever again.
After changing my name, I would buy a mansion in SoCal where I would bang models that I would buy with coke.
Hire Metallica to play my birthday parties and Exodus to play my Halloween parties even though most of my time would be in my other mansions in Germany or in New Zealand. No more Alaskan winters for me.
I would travel the world and eat at the finest restaurants and drink fresh beer at the finest breweries.
After about 15-20 years, I will then most likely be found a few blocks from my final whorehouse visit, in a ditch, bloated, in a alcoholic induced coma from which I will never recover, penniless.

Yeah, it's gone through my mind once or twice.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:08 PM)The American Dream Wrote: If you won the lottery tomorrow (Let us say 50 million dollars) what are you buying right away?

For me it would be an Aston Martin DBS, and then buying a house in Fiji.

Also of course going to every Bengals game home and away as well.

ohh  only 50 mil?    Plot of land  to create an dog/animal rescue and live my life surrounded by mans best friends.

And maybe see how much a trip to space is.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: ...even though most of my time would be in my other mansions in Germany or in New Zealand.

I get the overall plan, but why a mansion in Germany of all places? The country's not that beautiful and also full of Germans...
Reply/Quote