Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu waived by Browns
Pre draft favorite, we need a 9th DB, cheaper than what Leon and Reggie may be worth, accordingly 100% healthy though so the waive is very oddly timed.

I'd be interested in a workout out least.
Reply/Quote
Was he drafted just last year? I remember him having a major injury so if that's the case they really didn't give him enough time to heal and compete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 05:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Was he drafted just last year? I remember him having a major injury so if that's the case they really didn't give him enough time to heal and compete.

Yep, injured at the end of his last year.

First team All-PAC12 in 2012 and 2013, should've declared in hindsight.
Reply/Quote
One of the rare times I'm intrigued by a released injured player. Even if he needs another year on the IR/PUP/PS, I think he's worth the investment.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 08:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: One of the rare times I'm intrigued by a released injured player. Even if he needs another year on the IR/PUP/PS, I think he's worth the investment.

I wanted us to draft him in the 4th-5th round last year, this is our chance to get him when he is getting healthy. He was considered a first round corner pre-injury.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I hope we sign him. We need more Irish guys on the team.
Reply/Quote
This move just doesn't make sense. He was just drafted. Certainly the Browns could stash him. It's not like they are oozing talent to push him out?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 11:31 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: This move just doesn't make sense.  He was just drafted.  Certainly the Browns could stash him.  It's not like they are oozing talent to push him out?

He is obviously not recovering from his injuries.
Reply/Quote
Marcus Lattimore anyone?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If there is a chance this kid can recover, he would be a great signing.

However, Jackson knows this also which makes me think the kid is done. Sad if true.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 03:22 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If there is a chance this kid can recover, he would be a great signing.

However, Jackson knows this also which makes me think the kid is done. Sad if true.

very possible although he and his agent said he was healthy... Having a workout or sending a camp invite doesnt hurt if he can play.

Not for normally looking at browns cast off. But could have been 1st rounders always intrigue.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 10:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hope we sign him.  We need more Irish guys on the team.

Ekpre-Olomu was a Duck.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 05:16 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Pre draft favorite, we need a 9th DB, cheaper than what Leon and Reggie may be worth, accordingly 100% healthy though so the waive is very oddly timed.

I'd be interested in a workout out least.

It would be a low risk/high reward type of deal. I was upset when I saw the Browns grab this guy late last year in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ekpre-Olomu was a Duck.

I was talking about his heritage, not his alma mater.
Reply/Quote
I'd at least bring him in for a physical. If it looks like his knee can heal, then give him a shot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Definately worth a look. Talented Corner and if he can get healthy could be a great pickup.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd at least bring him in for a physical. If it looks like his knee can heal, then give him a shot.

I don't see any way possible the Browns release him if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see any way possible the Browns release him if he is healthy.

Well if he fails the physical, then you don't sign him. Seems like a simple concept.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see any way possible the Browns release him if he is healthy.

idk but at the rate they are cutting players

and the rate they are signing them...

Well they need like 40 draft picks lol
Reply/Quote
Gone. Claimed by Miami.
Reply/Quote