Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illoka Appearing to be Staying
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #Bengals are closing in on a deal with star S George Iloka, source said. They should keep one of their own.
Reply/Quote
But the Bengals are cheap, kick tires, etc.....right??????

Oh wait.
Reply/Quote
That's good news.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Finally!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Well, that would be good news. With MLJ gone, we should be able to keep the defensive backfield intact.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Now, we need to lock up Pacman and Rey and I'd be fine with that. We can address WR in the draft or in free agency, but it keeps the defense somewhat in-tact.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:50 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Now, we need to lock up Pacman and Rey and I'd be fine with that.  We can address WR in the draft or in free agency, but it keeps the defense somewhat in-tact.

Agreed, if we can get someone like Pacman back or Sean Smith and maybe Rishard Matthews or a Brian Quick..

I'd be comfortable heading to draft with drafting a linebacker in first, etc.

Reply/Quote
That'll be good news, but odd. The one person we kinda have a replacement for, we re-sign. Not that I'm complaining. Hopefully we can get out of this offseason with just a need at receiver.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Very pleased to see this. Best safety they've drafted in almost 3 decades. Would've been a shame if he left.
Reply/Quote
Remember, this ain't final until its final.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:43 AM)Who Dey Time Wrote: But the Bengals are cheap, kick tires, etc.....right??????

Oh wait.

Yes, they are. That $15M cut rate free agent limit says it all.

Hopefully we can keep Adam Jones. The rest of the help will have to come from the draft, kicking tires and picking through the bargain bin.

(03-09-2016, 11:57 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Remember, this ain't final until its final.

Yeah, we've been here before.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully we keep him.
MLJ, Sanu, Adam and Nelson are all as good as gone.
That leaves possibly Hall for us.. Along with Vinny, Lamur and Gilberry...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hopefully we keep him.
MLJ, Sanu, Adam and Nelson are all as good as gone.
That leaves possibly Hall for us.. Along with Vinny, Lamur and Gilberry...

I'd only want to bring back Vinny and Hall....

Lamur I want gone for good.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: That'll be good news, but odd. The one person we kinda have a replacement for, we re-sign. Not that I'm complaining. Hopefully we can get out of this offseason with just a need at receiver.

I am guessing this means Nelson is gone.
Reply/Quote
Nelson should be gone. Shawn Williams is a starting safety. There was no need to spend up for both FA safeties.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am guessing this means Nelson is gone.

Maybe not,  once you take MLJ out of the equation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:09 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Nelson should be gone.  Shawn Williams is a starting safety.  There was no need to spend up for both FA safeties.

Shawn did emerge, and I know there is supposedly no difference in our system, but he strikes me as a SS. Not the FS center fielder that Nelson was.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:10 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe not,  once you take MLJ out of the equation.

I am actually one of Reggie's bigger fans.

But with Williams behind him and multiple other starters as free agents everything points to Nelson ending up elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals and Iloka are closing in on a five-year deal that would be worth about $30MM, a source tells Albert Breer of the NFL Network (Twitter link). Got my info from http://profootballrumors.com

Very good deal if this is true, $6m a year.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:24 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The Bengals and Iloka are closing in on a five-year deal that would be worth about $30MM, a source tells Albert Breer of the NFL Network (Twitter link). Got my info from http://profootballrumors.com

Very good deal if this is true, $6m a year.

That sounds like a GREAT deal.
Reply/Quote