Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illoka "tired of people teeing off" on the Bengals
(06-02-2017, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....even though the Steelers have COACHES out at night causing havoc....smh.

(06-02-2017, 03:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Winning is the elixir that cures all negative perceptions. 

They are still the hypocrites of all hypocrites.
Reply/Quote
After this offseason, might as well embrace the villain role.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I disagree with "winning a playoff game" will change the perception of our THUGS. Jones is, well Jones. We all know his baggage and so does the world, that perception will never change. Burfict, not being drafted because he was a headcase in college, and the twisting of Newton's ankle on national TV or the sack tap, is all people are going to remember about him and label him an out of control Thug. Even if he has cleaned up his act.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 04:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I disagree with "winning a playoff game" will change the perception of our THUGS.  Jones is, well Jones. We all know his baggage and so does the world, that perception will never change. Burfict, not being drafted because he was a headcase in college, and the twisting of Newton's ankle on national TV or the sack tap, is all people are going to remember about him and label him an out of control Thug. Even if he has cleaned up his act.

Oh I agree on Jones, he's a lost cause !

But we're still basically a punchline nationally and will remain so until we win some games that count, especially the playoffs. We're still easy to laugh at and all the thug stuff is so easy to pile on us. 

Winning when it counts, in the playoffs especially, will change our laughing stock/whipping boy status. We just have to somehow get over the hump.

I really don't care about our national perception to be honest, I just wanna win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 03:13 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ....even though the Steelers have COACHES out at night causing havoc....smh.

Yup! Even when the coach try's to trip a player running down the sideline, or lunges out like he's going to punch them. Damn I hate everything about Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 03:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Winning is the elixir that cures all negative perceptions. 

Yep, with one caveat. We win with good performance all around, and start doing it consistently. Any win with any kind of controversial call affecting the outcome will work against us. It's gotta be squeaky-clean victories over an extended period of time before 'they' get off our back.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 09:33 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep, with one caveat. We win with good performance all around, and start doing it consistently. Any win with any kind of controversial call affecting the outcome will work against us. It's gotta be squeaky-clean victories over an extended period of time before 'they' get off our back.

Or, we just gouge eyes, clete hands and do everything the big market teams do and get away with but just continue to get the 15yd penalties. It's the same football, but not called the same way. They're asking our boys to play without playing within the same guidelines. I want them to walk into this season like its a bar fight! Pick em' hit em' knock em out 1 by 1. Gain your respect and move on to the SB!

We have what we have. Is it enough? It might be, just fight your way all the way there. Dig into yourselves and friggen win it. Win it all! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 10:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well you summed it up pretty nicely. The only way they can do something about it is to dump Pacman and win a playoff game.

Marv is the source of the playoff problem, Mike is probably the one keeping Pacman around. Good luck getting rid of those 2.

The second sentence. So well stated I almost cried...tears of sadness.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 10:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/01/george-iloka-is-tired-of-seeing-people-tee-off-on-our-team/

You know what? I'm tired of it to. But as I've said before plenty of times before:

1) our national perception won't change until we part ways with Pacman Jones

2) most importantly, our national perception won't change until we become consistent winners.

That's it in a nutshell. Winning cures all, and we aren't "winning" until we win when it really counts. Imagine if Dalton was busted for playing with deflated footballs. We'd never hear the end of it, "they can't even win when they cheat!" You generally didn't hear much about Brady and the patriots being "cheaters" once they started crushing teams in the postseason. Its not fair, but it is what it is. It won't change until we instill fear in teams come January 

Not sure any of you heard the NFL Network yesterday around 9AM, but they had a segment called "Villans".  They were using examples like Bill Romonowski:  guys you hated but loved when they were on your team.  I decided to call in and have  a little fun at the steeler's fans expense.

I nominated Burfict, and I was provided a good  minutes to rail on the steelers.  I started with something to the effect of "if you asked steeler fans around the nation, they would tell you Burfict has an off-field rap sheet as horrible as a guy like Rothliesburger".  I educated the masses by saying that Burfict has had ZERO off the field troubles, but he has a propensity to get personal fouls for stupid penalties, but I did mention that he seemed to outgrow that in 2016. Then, I poked fun at how the would likely be building statues of Burfict in pittsburgh if he played there, but most of their fans think when he injured Pig Ben in the playoff game, that he pulled out an axe and chopped off his arm.  Then, I moved on to the flag thrown that ultimately gave the steelers the field goal at the end, which was a glancing blow and how Burfict actually pulled up.  He could have made sure Brown never played again, but he didn't, whereas in the same game, Shazier's helmet-to-helment hit on Gio not only gave them the ball as he knocked Gio out, but it didn't even draw a flag. 

I mentioned Mike Mitchell's concussing of Eifert and MLJ and how he said to AJ Green "you're next" without drawing any flags.  Yet, Burfict is the perfect Villan because he makes a good, clean tackle and the player gets injured.  He obviously must be very good for the other team to hate him so much for playing the game.  

I have to admit, I pictured a legion of fat losers out there with steam coming out of their ears when I hung up the phone....made me smile all day.  
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....even though the Steelers have COACHES out at night causing havoc....smh.

I'm pretty sure Joey Porter could take me, but I would sure like to get a few shots in and see the look on his face like WTF?

I hate that assbag.  
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure any of you heard the NFL Network yesterday around 9AM, but they had a segment called "Villans".  They were using examples like Bill Romonowski:  guys you hated but loved when they were on your team.  I decided to call in and have  a little fun at the steeler's fans expense.

I nominated Burfict, and I was provided a good  minutes to rail on the steelers.  I started with something to the effect of "if you asked steeler fans around the nation, they would tell you Burfict has an off-field rap sheet as horrible as a guy like Rothliesburger".  I educated the masses by saying that Burfict has had ZERO off the field troubles, but he has a propensity to get personal fouls for stupid penalties, but I did mention that he seemed to outgrow that in 2016. Then, I poked fun at how the would likely be building statues of Burfict in pittsburgh if he played there, but most of their fans think when he injured Pig Ben in the playoff game, that he pulled out an axe and chopped off his arm.  Then, I moved on to the flag thrown that ultimately gave the steelers the field goal at the end, which was a glancing blow and how Burfict actually pulled up.  He could have made sure Brown never played again, but he didn't, whereas in the same game, Shazier's helmet-to-helment hit on Gio not only gave them the ball as he knocked Gio out, but it didn't even draw a flag. 

I mentioned Mike Mitchell's concussing of Eifert and MLJ and how he said to AJ Green "you're next" without drawing any flags.  Yet, Burfict is the perfect Villan because he makes a good, clean tackle and the player gets injured.  He obviously must be very good for the other team to hate him so much for playing the game.  

I have to admit, I pictured a legion of fat losers out there with steam coming out of their ears when I hung up the phone....made me smile all day.  

Nice ! Thank you
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 09:33 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep, with one caveat. We win with good performance all around, and start doing it consistently. Any win with any kind of controversial call affecting the outcome will work against us. It's gotta be squeaky-clean victories over an extended period of time before 'they' get off our back.

I agree.  I think of Ohio State (as an apparent SEC fan, you will get this).  Their program was clearly a step or two behind all the SEC teams for some time, and then Tressel started winning and got them in position to win a National Championship.  
In one of the most exciting back-and-forth games I have ever seen, OSU won in the end, but it was on a controversial call.  It was the right call, IMHO, but rarely called in those instances.  People on National Media called them the "Luckeyes" for some time.  It took Urban Meyer beating Alabama and kicking the crap out of Oregon for them to finally get the no-excuses National respect.

The Bengals have been winning, but need a playoff series that goes something like:  Beat steelers, Beat Patriots, Beat Packers before they will get the proverbial monkey off their back.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm pretty sure Joey Porter could take me, but I would sure like to get a few shots in and see the look on his face like WTF?

I hate that assbag.  

Would like to be awarded a few shots on Hines Ward as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 09:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup! Even when the coach try's to trip a player running down the sideline, or lunges out like he's going to punch them. Damn I hate everything about Pitt.

.....or grab a player's dreads....yup, can't stand 'em either.  I wouldn't care if they weren't in our division, I still wouldn't like them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 12:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Or, we just gouge eyes, clete hands and do everything the big market teams do and get away with but just continue to get the 15yd penalties. It's the same football, but not called the same way. They're asking our boys to play without playing within the same guidelines. I want them to walk into this season like its a bar fight! Pick em' hit em' knock em out 1 by 1. Gain your respect and move on to the SB!

We have what we have. Is it enough? It might be, just fight your way all the way there. Dig into yourselves and friggen win it. Win it all! ThumbsUp

**** it......I'm with the Dog! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure any of you heard the NFL Network yesterday around 9AM, but they had a segment called "Villans".  They were using examples like Bill Romonowski:  guys you hated but loved when they were on your team.  I decided to call in and have  a little fun at the steeler's fans expense.

[Image: 28b68d04506a0e60aa7d994f9f8e8d71.gif]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals have been winning, but need a playoff series that goes something like:  Beat steelers, Beat Patriots, Beat Packers before they will get the proverbial monkey off their back.

Maybe this is the year. We have other hurdles like winning on the west coast and primetime games to overcome. We have so many monkeys on our back its more like a zoo than a jungle.

Reply/Quote

Dude, way to represent!!!

Wyche's " Yes, thats awesome" pic expressed my exact thoughts. Major reps brother. Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 08:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would like to be awarded a few shots on Hines Ward as well. 

My buddy saw him at Kings Island with a woman that was not his wife (Ward's wife, that is) and I told him he should take his knee out at full speed and say that he was blocked in to him.  Then, give a shit-eating grin.

I started to love Chris Crocker when Ward did one of his typical instigator shoves to the facemask and Crocker gave him a face shove so hard it looked like the back of Ward's head touched his back.  When Ward started whining to the ref like "Did you see that?", the ref looked at him and shook his head and it looked as though he said "you started it".  

I only remember it so vividly because it may be the only time a call (or no call) went our way against pitt, and that I loved seeing him get smacked.  
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 11:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe this is the year. We have other hurdles like winning on the west coast and primetime games to overcome. We have so many monkeys on our back its more like a zoo than a jungle.

I look at what I perceived to be the biggest needs on this team coming off last year:

Kicking game
Outside pass rush
DT rotation
Vertical threat
Running game
Offensive line

With the exception of offensive line, everything was significantly upgraded and the offensive line could be better in the running game.  Add in that it is Zampese's second year, and it all points to significant improvement.
Reply/Quote