Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illoka "tired of people teeing off" on the Bengals
Iloka,in response tpo your post! The Bengals have been in business since 1968, So far a couple Super Bowl appearances correct! Don't you think that is abysmal at best? I'm not to tell the players ..... wait a minute, yes I am, that being a mediocre team at best is not gonna create much of a positive fan base! We on this forum cuss, discuss this every year as the season winds down. And it's starting to sound like a broken record. I would'nt be proud of this team if I was playing on it. It's obvious we need to back up and get our priorites straight. Do we continue down the same path year after year,or do the players reach down and say, Enough is is enough, and put forth an effort to change things by playing there guts out and make the decision not to settle for second or third best?
Who Dey  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 09:03 AM)firstand10 Wrote: Iloka,in response tpo your post! The Bengals have been in business since 1968, So far a couple Super Bowl appearances correct! Don't you think that is abysmal at best? I'm not to tell the players ..... wait a minute, yes I am, that being a mediocre team at best is not gonna create much of a positive fan base! We on this forum cuss, discuss this every year as the season winds down. And it's starting to sound like a broken record. I would'nt be proud of this team if I was playing on it. It's obvious we need to back up and get our priorites straight. Do we continue down the same path year after year,or do the players reach down and say, Enough is is enough, and put forth an effort to change things by playing there guts out and make the decision not to settle for second or third best?
Who Dey  

Yeah, because so many AFC teams have been able to knock down the Pats.  Granted, you said since 1968, but living in the now, only the NFL Giants have been their kryptonite.

Man, how I would love to be the team that ends the Pats.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I look at what I perceived to be the biggest needs on this team coming off last year:

Kicking game
Outside pass rush
DT rotation
Vertical threat
Running game
Offensive line

With the exception of offensive line, everything was significantly upgraded and the offensive line could be better in the running game.  Add in that it is Zampese's second year, and it all points to significant improvement.

I sure hope your right. We need a real positive year here.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have to admit, I pictured a legion of fat losers out there with steam coming out of their ears when I hung up the phone....made me smile all day.  
Except....Your rant likely fell on deaf ears, as opposed to to the 'legion of fat losers" you hoped for.

MOST fans in Pittsburgh right now are not focused on the Steelers or calling in to NFL talk shows. I doubt a lot of Pgh fans ever heard it. They're smack in the middle of another NHL championship run (the hardest and most rigorous championship to win in all of sports, IMHO). The Pens right now rule Pittsburgh, and the city is rocking just like it does around a Super Bowl. Steeler news is very few and far between in the local media. No obsessing over draft picks, no predicting next season's results, no countdowns to training camp. Plenty of time for all that later. The only time you see a Steeler player in the news right now is pictures of them in the stands at the hockey games. 

So if you really wanted the attention and anger of Pittsburgh fans, your timing may have been a bit off. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 02:52 PM)BMK Wrote: Except....Your rant likely fell on deaf ears, as opposed to to the 'legion of fat losers" you hoped for.

MOST fans in Pittsburgh right now are not focused on the Steelers or calling in to NFL talk shows. I doubt a lot of Pgh fans ever heard it. They're smack in the middle of another NHL championship run (the hardest and most rigorous championship to win in all of sports, IMHO). The Pens right now rule Pittsburgh, and the city is rocking just like it does around a Super Bowl. Steeler news is very few and far between in the local media. No obsessing over draft picks, no predicting next season's results, no countdowns to training camp. Plenty of time for all that later. The only time you see a Steeler player in the news right now is pictures of them in the stands at the hockey games. 

So if you really wanted the attention and anger of Pittsburgh fans, your timing may have been a bit off. 

Cincinnati needs a third major sports team that fills A) January through March and/or B) provides some entertainment when the Reds/Bengals are slacking.
FC Cincy did a good job of that last year, but they play practically the same months as the Reds. Also, can they have consistent success in 2017 and beyond?
Cyclones, while entertaining, don't draw enough because they are a minor league team.

Personally, I'd like to see the Royals again in Cincy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It really doesn't matter what we do in the regular season if you want to shut up the haters. The Bengals need to win in the post season and then the haters will shut up a little bit. I think we can do it this year. I think that most years, so take it with a grain of salt. Our OL is one of the only things I'm worried about. The rest of the team looks really good IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 02:52 PM)BMK Wrote: Except....Your rant likely fell on deaf ears, as opposed to to the 'legion of fat losers" you hoped for.

If you listen to the NFL Network, you would know there are more pissburgh fans than any other team, and they call in daily from all parts of the country.  It is a National show...not a "local media".

I was in Nashville for the Preds win the other night.  It was awesome.  
Reply/Quote
Speaking of the Penguins/Predators series...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFDC-hLNPzLPDlcOMJDR9...fK5ZQ9RLrg]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 08:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of the Penguins/Predators  series...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFDC-hLNPzLPDlcOMJDR9...fK5ZQ9RLrg]
Nice to see Piggy is still at least a "C" cup
Reply/Quote