Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka & Smith-Schuster suspended for 1 game
I have to re watch Iloka's hit because that seemed to be a bang bang play and he really didn't launch himself at the Wr. JuJu he launched himself with the crown of his helmet without a ball in the area.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I have to re watch Iloka's hit because that seemed to be a bang bang play and he really didn't launch himself at the Wr. JuJu he launched himself with the crown of his helmet without a ball in the area.

Iloka left his feet......hit him in the head.  That's always gonna raise eyebrows.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should Shazier's hit on Malone been a penalty?
Reply/Quote
Time to type some truth.

We all wish Iloka was standing up for Burfict and inflicting some payback. Sad truth is his "payback" didn't even cause Brown to blink (or slow down the td celebration). Sad!

The REAL truth is Iloka makes that big (illegal) hit nearly every game when that play is called for a TD against him by any team. He gets called for it some, but I'm honestly surprised he doesn't get flagged more often.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I’m assuming the NFL also saw the Iloka hit as retaliation for the Juju hit. So, that could have lead to a more severe punishment than just the usual fine for hitting a defenseless player in the head.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Iloka left his feet......hit him in the head.  That's always gonna raise eyebrows.

He is trying to dislocate the ball on a slant. He is 6-4 Antino Brown is what 5-11 that's a hard play for Iloka to make. I don't have a problem with the flag but I don't think he intended to injur Brown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:21 PM)snowy Wrote: Somebody else here said it best (sorry I can't remember who): Iloka's penalty was stupid and selfish. Worthy of suspension? ehhhh, maybe not. A fine? Definitely. Should Marvin have benched him: Absolutely. The comments upthread are right: the coaches also need to be held accountable for this kind of nonsense.

Oh, and Shuster should have been ejected, fined, AND suspended.

I submit it was neither stupid nor selfish.   in Crunchtime it was worth an attempt at separating  Brown from the ball to prevent a sure TD and risk the penalty.   TD after the penalty is NOT assured. 
Reply/Quote
Iloka's suspension doesn't make a lot of sense. It was certainly illegal, but you see hits like that almost every game.

Hate to say it, but after Burfict's first suspension, and now this, it's pretty obvious Antonio Brown is getting special protection from the league office. If anyone goes high on him, they're getting suspended, simple as that.
Reply/Quote
ILOKA trying to dislodge a TD and get a flag I'm fine with....

ILOKA going for brown on the sideline when he could have had the easy pick I'm TOTALLY pissed off about. (ball hit him in the shoulder but he wasn't even looking for it, Then continued to nail the WR without the ball... Legal cause it had been touched but a INT helps us a ton more than 1 incompletion)
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:12 PM)brian5562 Wrote: Should Shazier's hit on Malone been a penalty?

No, but his hit on Giovani Bernard in the playoff should have been!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Schuster should've been givin' 2 games. One for the hit and one for the taunting. Brown should be givin' one for his locker room remarks.

JJSS should have a 1 game suspension....but should have been ejected for 2 personal fouls. Even though the Bengals could only accept one, he committed two with the illegal hit and the taunting. Yet he stayed in and threw the key block on Bell's run to the right before the TD to tie it. He's ejected and maybe Bell doesn't get that 1st down and pitt has to settle for a FG. That failure to eject was a game changer.
Reply/Quote
Antonio Brown and the rest of the scumbag Steelers will probably chip in and pay Boo-Boo Shyster’s game check he would have earned they hate Burfict that much. Wonder how much his jersey sales spiked this morning in Shittsburgh too?

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No, but his hit on Giovani Bernard in the playoff should have been!

The rule got put in place that you can not lead with the crown of your helmet. He did exactly that last night.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Antonio Brown and the rest of the scumbag Steelers will probably chip in and pay Boo-Boo Shyster’s game check he would have earned they hate Burfict that much. Wonder how much his jersey sales spiked this morning in Shittsburgh too?

Diva Brown has already said as much about paying the fine for ju-ju's ass. **** that entire organization and their fanbase, I don't think anything could happen to those players, that city or any of their fans that would make me feel an ounce of empathy. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Diva Brown has already said as much about paying the fine for ju-ju's ass. **** that entire organization and their fanbase, I don't think anything could happen to those players, that city or any of their fans that would make me feel an ounce of empathy. 

What if, while making a routine tackle, a Steeler player ends up possibly losing the use of his legs? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What if, while making a routine tackle, a Steeler player ends up possibly losing the use of his legs? Ninja

Certainly nobody should be happy about it. I've seen some people say it was inevitable with his play style and left it at that, which I think is fair. Hope he is physically okay and learns to tackle safely. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What if, while making a routine tackle, a Steeler player ends up possibly losing the use of his legs? Ninja

Nobody touched him. Just purely bad luck on his part.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:31 AM)treee Wrote: Certainly nobody should be happy about it. I've seen some people say it was inevitable with his play style and left it at that, which I think is fair. Hope he is physically okay and learns to tackle safely. 

(12-06-2017, 11:32 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Nobody touched him. Just purely bad luck on his part.

Excuse me, but that semi-facetious question was posed to Murdock who stated his potentailly complete lack of empathy to any tragedy that were to befall a Steeler, thankyouverymuch.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Saw this on PFR; yes, people are absolutely delusional:

Quote:dwilson10 • 20 hours ago

Juju never hit Burfict in the head. If you look at the play in slow motion or even a picture of the hit, Juju led with his shoulder and hit Burfict in the chest area. Nothing was illegal with his block and the flags were never thrown until he stood over him and taunted him. If not for his taunting, he probably would’ve never been flagged.

Sadly, this may actually be a narrative that is adopted...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Are we talking NFL routine or steeler routine? The steeler routine is lead with your helmet and try to injury the other guy, so no in that instance I would have no sympathy. Honestly, even in the most normal of tackles that happening, I would still find it difficult to have empathy for anyone associated with that organization. They say you reap what you sow and I can only name one guy on the steelers current roster who isn't a dirtbag who has been involved in something that makes me feel whatever happens to him, he earned. The only excpetion would be their tackle who walked past his team and stood for the National Anthem and served in the military. Anyone outside of him, pretty much zero ***** given about them as a player and person.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote