Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka & Smith-Schuster suspended for 1 game
Reply/Quote
As they should be. But they also should have been ejected from the game as well. NFL needs to implement that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Schuster should've been givin' 2 games. One for the hit and one for the taunting. Brown should be givin' one for his locker room remarks.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As they should be. But they also should have been ejected from the game as well. NFL needs to implement that.

If the NFL wants to put an end to this, start ejecting players and coaches.  Not for any unnecessary roughness but when head hunting and extreme.  Start suspending coaches for repeat violations.  The coaches keep putting players out there.  Seems extreme but the head injuries are more severe than any other sport.

Hell baseball managers get ejected after the warnings for bean balls. 
Reply/Quote
What did Iloka do? 

There are rumors swirling around league offices that Burfict will be suspended one game a piece for the Shazier hit and the cheap shot he took from Ju-Ju. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I don't see Iloka's hit as something that should be a suspension. Yes, it was illegal, but he got flagged and got fined.

Brown didn't even flinch, got up right away. Also, it wasn't a malicious hit.
Reply/Quote
Yay? Juju will probably appeal and have it reduced to nothing anyway.

Either way, the Steelers will gladly pay that price to remind little bro who the boss is, and knock them out of the playoffs in the process.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:04 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: If the NFL wants to put an end to this, start ejecting players and coaches.  Not for any unnecessary roughness but when head hunting and extreme.  Start suspending coaches for repeat violations.  The coaches keep putting players out there.  Seems extreme but the head injuries are more severe than any other sport.

Hell baseball managers get ejected after the warnings for bean balls. 

If a single player gets called for 2 egregious penalties on the same play, either allow the offended team to accept both or automatically eject the player (or both).

Might also want to consider fining coaches and/or team owners for the repeated violations of their players.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yay? Juju will probably appeal and have it reduced to nothing anyway.

Either way, the Steelers will gladly pay that price to remind little bro who the boss is, and knock them out of the playoffs in the process.

Most likely they both will.

But at least the NFL can sit back and say 'don't let it get rough again fellas.'
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't see Iloka's hit as something that should be a suspension.  Yes, it was illegal, but he got flagged and got fined.

Brown didn't even flinch, got up right away.  Also, it wasn't a malicious hit.

A Steeler got suspended, so they had to suspend a Bengal. Iloka's hit was something that would normally only receive a fine. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A Steeler got suspended, so they had to suspend a Bengal. Iloka's hit was something that would normally only receive a fine. 

I'm surprised they didn't suspend Burfict for grabbing Shuster's legs. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Most likely they both will.

But at least the NFL can sit back and say 'don't let it get rough again fellas.'

Yep. The NFL is all about appearances. It's all a sham.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Im okay with both suspensions.
I'd suspend Iloka for twice failing to play the ***** ball and going for hits instead of making a winning play.

That should NOT be overlooked by fans. Twice he had a chance to play a ball but went for hits. Both cost us big.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Steelers could not field a team if that was truly the case.
Reply/Quote
Somebody else here said it best (sorry I can't remember who): Iloka's penalty was stupid and selfish. Worthy of suspension? ehhhh, maybe not. A fine? Definitely. Should Marvin have benched him: Absolutely. The comments upthread are right: the coaches also need to be held accountable for this kind of nonsense.

Oh, and Shuster should have been ejected, fined, AND suspended.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/juju-smith-schuster-george-iloka-suspended-one-game-after-ugly-steelers-bengals-game/

Boomer had a good point that I didn't think about. For JuJu, it should've been two separate penalties. Instead the officials (and afterward the league) is treating it as the same issue.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:21 PM)snowy Wrote: Somebody else here said it best (sorry I can't remember who): Iloka's penalty was stupid and selfish. Worthy of suspension? ehhhh, maybe not. A fine? Definitely. Should Marvin have benched him: Absolutely. The comments upthread are right: the coaches also need to be held accountable for this kind of nonsense.

Oh, and Shuster should have been ejected, fined, AND suspended.

My feelings exactly, nice post man. Cool
Reply/Quote
I agree with both......but we all know one will be rescinded....most likely the fine as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote