Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point
(11-22-2016, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, let's start him now.  See what he's got.  That should solve the riddle once and for all.  The season is in the shitter, what have we got to lose?  Maybe the next Brady is on the bench in Cincy......then again....maybe not.  I say settle it once and for all.

McCarron would be what...our 3rd new starting QB since the dark ages "ended" and the Browns have managed to start nearly 30 different QBs in that span with nary a Brady in sight.  Are we really that lucky?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 04:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man, you legitimately dont like Mccarron. What did he do? Sleep with your girl or something? Jeesh.

I actually like McCarron quite a bit. I just don't like double standards and unrealistic expectations.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, let's start him now.  See what he's got.  That should solve the riddle once and for all.  The season is in the shitter, what have we got to lose?  Maybe the next Brady is on the bench in Cincy......then again....maybe not.  I say settle it once and for all.

Better to keep potential suitors guessing than to remove all doubt, given the way our OLine is playing. A 'dead' AJM will do us no good.

The longer you can keep the conversation centered on 'potential', the longer the sky remains the limit.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McCarron would be what...our 3rd new starting QB since the dark ages "ended" and the Browns have managed to start nearly 30 different QBs in that span with nary a Brady in sight.  Are we really that lucky?

Well.....Kitna started one 8-8 season at the dawn of mediocrity.....but essentially, yes.....#3. I don't think we are that lucky by the eye test....but ya never know.  I'm just so tired of hearing it.....start the sumbitch already and let's see what we have.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 06:44 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Better to keep potential suitors guessing than to remove all doubt, given the way our OLine is playing. A 'dead' AJM will do us no good.

The longer you can keep the conversation centered on 'potential', the longer the sky remains the limit.

Nah......roll Tide....he won a NCAA Championship.  We are Super Bowl bound.  He can carry a team....has GREAT leadership and wins.  Start him.....if he flops....eff it...we can sign him cheap to back up or tell him to kick rocks....if he IS Ken Stabler 2.0, he might save Mediocre Marv's neck. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nah......roll Tide....he won a NCAA Championship.  We are Super Bowl bound.  He can carry a team....has GREAT leadership and wins.  Start him.....if he flops....eff it...we can sign him cheap to back up or tell him to kick rocks....if he IS Ken Stabler 2.0, he might save Mediocre Marv's neck. Ninja

That would be our luck though.  Hilarious
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:38 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: That would be our luck though.  Hilarious

No shit ! LMAO I mean he MADE Nick Saban.....afterall......

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McCarron would be what...our 3rd new starting QB since the dark ages "ended" and the Browns have managed to start nearly 30 different QBs in that span with nary a Brady in sight.  Are we really that lucky?

They found a Brady...

[Image: ap-quinn-trade.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nah......roll Tide....he won a NCAA Championship.  We are Super Bowl bound.  He can carry a team....has GREAT leadership and wins.  Start him.....if he flops....eff it...we can sign him cheap to back up or tell him to kick rocks....if he IS Ken Stabler 2.0, he might save Mediocre Marv's neck. Ninja

Exactly. Nothing to lose.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Chargers?  For real?  Philip rivers is a stud.  If they didn't consistently have injur problems they would be perennial playoff team 

He is, but he is also old and not likely to want to move when the team does.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 04:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Jets drafted Hack. So they'd want to give him a try before trading for McCarron.
Hackenburg was a turd his last year at Penn State.  McCarron has shown promise in the NFL.  I don't see them as equals.  And McCarron seems to have a lot of people like the way he leads.  

Browns, maybe. But they also really like Mitch Trubisky. Who would actually fit that scheme well and helps Hue.
Familiarity with his scheme, but also he has the skills that fit Hue's system perfectly.  

Dolphins have Tannehill- And I have a turd knocking at my back door...it won't be there much longer.  Tannehill has looked pretty bad and has been saved by his running game and defense.  Give those things to AJ and that team might be really solid.  

Texans aren't backing out of Brock's deal just yet. They're still leading their division and gave him a ton of money
As I mentioned, Brock's deal has a team-friendly exit after two years.  

49ers is possible. But do you think McCarron fits Chip's scheme?
I think he could run it better than Kaep or Gabbert because he is a much more accurate passer.

Cardinals actually might be a good place for him. Could see that, haven't even thought of them.
Palmer sucks. Hilarious

Rivers is signed until 2019. He's still playing well. They're not trading for someone, especially when McCarron hits free agency in 2018.
I wasn't sure of River's contract status, but I have heard he has no intention of uprooting his family if the team relocates.  

See above but with Brees signed until 2018. So they could gamble and wait for McCarron to hit free agency. Plus, they drafted Garrett Grayson in the 3rd round and was rumored that they would try him out after Brees.
Peyton will need a cerebral guy to run his offense.  

Bears is also a possibility. Cutler is going to be gone.
I give this the best possibility of happening.  

Broncos might, but they also drafted Lynch in the 2nd round. Plus, Romo makes way more sense.
Romo makes no sense to me because he is one hit from being a pile of crushed vertebrae.  I would want no part of that, but that is just me.  

Rams drafted Goff. But, their scheme works. Low accuracy throws with little to no deep throws.
Teams don't live and die with first rounders any more due to the rookie wage scale.  What is their backup plan to Goff?  If he doesn't show more than 4 YPA this season, they may start thinking about it. 

There were no calls for McCarron last offseason. There probably won't be this offseason.
This is 100% false.  There were tons of calls about tons of players.  They just don't make these proposals public.  
Reply/Quote