Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im tired...
The oline is trash. We knew it and did nothing. This season was done before it started. I'm so effing tired of the same half ass bullshit. Then add to that the blatant NFL preference for teams that have a national following, I'm about to tap out. Why should one second of my life be wasted on this bullshit? Cuz I'm a fan, a fanatic as they say?....I was once. This team and the whole league is so different from what I love, so awful imo....the whole bit can just **** rt off.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Take a nap. It's going to be a long ride and you will need your energy. One day we will be awesome - just not today.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 06:23 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: The oline is trash.  We knew it and did nothing.  This season was done before it started.  I'm so effing tired of the same half ass bullshit.  Then add to that the blatant NFL preference for teams that have a national following, I'm about to tap out.  Why should one second of my life be wasted on this bullshit?  Cuz I'm a fan, a fanatic as they say?....I was once.  This team and the whole league is so different from what I love, so awful imo....the whole bit can just **** rt off.

Maybe just consider taking a break instead?

[Image: tenor.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 06:23 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: The oline is trash.  We knew it and did nothing.  This season was done before it started.  I'm so effing tired of the same half ass bullshit.  Then add to that the blatant NFL preference for teams that have a national following, I'm about to tap out.  Why should one second of my life be wasted on this bullshit?  Cuz I'm a fan, a fanatic as they say?....I was once.  This team and the whole league is so different from what I love, so awful imo....the whole bit can just **** rt off.

I'm waiting to see what happens this offseason. If, as I suspect, Brown half-asses the coaching search by re-hiring Lewis or replacing him with Guenther, then I'm done with this team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 07:32 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Take a nap. It's going to be a long ride and you will need your energy. One day we will be awesome - just not today.

So far it's been a 26 year ride...
Reply/Quote
Olines across the board are the worst they've been in 20 years. Yea our Oline is terrible, but alot of other Olines are too. You still have to make plays.
Blame the CBA/players for not allowing coaches to coach.
Reply/Quote
You would think after 50 years this team would at least have more than two Super Bowl appearances. I've been a fan of this team all 50 yrs. But it's getting to the point that somebody some how, has to do something, and real quick ! When you're players start rumbling about whats going on, something internal is going on. And that's real obvious! If anybody on this Forum has any ideas I'd love to hear them. By the way I heard the announcers say at one point in the game Thursday,that this team needs some "BIG" linemen! Thats probably true. However we could draft a herd of elephants, and they would eventually be broken up,because MB would'nt want to pay them ! Facepalm
Reply/Quote
I believe this is what the league wants, for fans of the Cincinnati Bengals to become so tired and fed up with the team that it gives the Bengals and the league a reason to move out of Cincinnati and to another city or even country.

What's crazy is that the Cincinnati Bengals are in the 15th largest market compared to the other NFL teams, bigger that Pittsburgh.

What they don't understand is that it's not the city, the fans or the market that is bad but the ownership that is bad. The Bengals, if owned by someone who does whatever they can to win championships would generate more fans for the team and more revenue for the league.

Moving this team would not do anything but alienate the fans of this team and lose revenue.

Make Mike Brown step down and get an owner that wants to win and the fans will come.
Reply/Quote
Nice to see ya Savage. Yeah the team sucks, Marv should've been fired after 2013 (and 2008, 2010, 2015 and 2016) and we're now seeing that the Bengals model of building through the draft (everyone does that), ignoring free agency (most teams don't do that) and keeping 10+ million back for future signings isn't quite as successful or sustainable as Hobson and co wanted us to believe.

Of course, some of us had the foresight to see it coming, which only makes it more frustrating.

As for the NFL, I haven't watched a non-Bengals game in at least 2 years, and I've probably missed or skipped half the Bengals games since last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 03:20 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I believe this is what the league wants, for fans of the Cincinnati Bengals to become so tired and fed up with the team that it gives the Bengals and the league a reason to move out of Cincinnati and to another city or even country.

What's crazy is that the Cincinnati Bengals are in the 15th largest market compared to the other NFL teams, bigger that Pittsburgh.

What they don't understand is that it's not the city, the fans or the market that is bad but the ownership that is bad. The Bengals, if owned by someone who does whatever they can to win championships would generate more fans for the team and more revenue for the league.

Moving this team would not do anything but alienate the fans of this team and lose revenue.

Make Mike Brown step down and get an owner that wants to win and the fans will come.

LA's attendance is proving that fans aren't stupid. They aren't going to get excited just to have a team of their own (especially when they can be moved at will), and they realize when a team is crap and will likely remain crap. The Chargers and Rams have a combined 1 championship in 92 total seasons since the merger.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The thread title immediately made me think of this.  Don't know how to post it directly, so I'll just post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:02 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Olines across the board are the worst they've been in 20 years. Yea our Oline is terrible, but alot of other Olines are too. You still have to make plays.
Blame the CBA/players for not allowing coaches to coach.

which means next year more rule changes to help the offense...

NFL wants points on the board not the defensive games.

I love defensive battles though and while our offense has been hard to watch the defense was pretty damn good week 2 without our arguably best player on the field
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 03:20 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Make Mike Brown step down and get an owner that wants to win and the fans will come.

I don't think it's that Brown doesn't want to win. It's that Brown doesn't want to do whatever it takes to win. MB only wants to do things "his" way. "His" way is the way the Bengals are going to go. "His" way can work; it just hasn't because [fill in the blank - injuries, no elite QBs, bad coaching, unlucky bounces of the ball, etc.].

I believe Brown wants to win. He just refuses to change to a more proven way to do so.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nice to see you back Savage. And I know exactly what you mean, and agree. I'm hanging onto this $h17 show by a fingernail !
Reply/Quote
It is very disheartening. We're stuck with the worst owner and GM in professional sports. Profit is his sole desire and winning comes a very distant second at best.

We preach building through the draft like the teams that win, but completely ignore the fact that those teams also supplement through free agency. Teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New England constantly have less cap space than us but have no problem signing free agents they think can help them win or keeping their own big talent. Somehow, they can have less than half of our cap but spend it to improve the team while we have out sucktastic mouthpiece cut our cap in half before free agency even starts.

Also, we want to build through the draft but employ the smallest scouting department in the league. The teams we supposedly try to be like have scouting departments at least 5 times our size. They actually send scouts out to evaluate talent while we rely on tape and the same scouting reports that reporters get.

We then like to hang on to coaches long after their time. With our league leading postseason win drought, we've made sure to keep the same OLine coach for the entire thing because he's a personal family friend. Even though we've had a coach who proclaims the need to run the ball, our illustrious OLine coach leads our linemen to being one of the worst run blocking lines int he league. Now, with a line made up of most of his own personal picks, we're the worst OLine in running AND passing. That was enough to get the OC fired, but there has not even been the slightest hint of a chance for the OLine coach to be out on his ass.

What's even more pathetic is I haven't even began to scratch the surface on the bullshit that is Mike Brown. Even knowing that each year will find another way to torture me and break my heart, I continue to be a fan of this team. Mainly because of hope. While it will never happen, I have to hope the NFL will do like the NBA did with the Clippers owner and force Brown out. The end of The Brown Family Dynasty is the only hope any of us Bengals fans have of being fans of a team ran as it should be.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 04:11 PM)McC Wrote: The thread title immediately made me think of this.  Don't know how to post it directly, so I'll just post the link.

Me too.  Read the title and immediately my brain said:

"...tired of playing the game..."

[Image: 073beafdc762caafc1a0e44ecd8b3d4e.jpg]

It's tough to have any hope at this point.  How long will Mike go on?  Marvin?  Fandom for me at this point is a lot about just outlasting these ***** to see a day where neither of them are around anymore.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Think we all may need to go into hibernation mode for a while and pray they have figured things out by the time we awake.

Would certainly hate to not see any more posts from Savage, one of my favorites to read for certain.

But would understand completely.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 04:11 PM)McC Wrote: The thread title immediately made me think of this.  Don't know how to post it directly, so I'll just post the link.

lol. As soon as i saw the thread title, that's exactly what i thought. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 03:20 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I believe this is what the league wants, for fans of the Cincinnati Bengals to become so tired and fed up with the team that it gives the Bengals and the league a reason to move out of Cincinnati and to another city or even country.

wow....
do you want some cheese w/ that WHINE...?

we made the playoffs what..? 5 of the past 6 years....
no playoff wins but whatever....
as a fan I don't expect perfection....
win or lose I love this team....I will point out mistakes, but I won't speak about the team as if they are trash....& I love the Brown family for staying in Cincy years ago when the "could" of left....
if your a glass 1/2 empty type of guy fine, whatever.....
i'll watch every game as the 3 hrs the bengals play is my fav 3 hr viewing span in the entire week....
p/o
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 01:08 AM)Steve Wrote: wow....
do you want some cheese w/ that WHINE...?

we made the playoffs what..? 5 of the past 6 years....
no playoff wins but whatever....
as a fan I don't expect perfection....
win or lose I love this team....I will point out mistakes, but I won't speak about the team as if they are trash....& I love the Brown family for staying in Cincy years ago when the "could" of left....
if your a glass 1/2 empty type of guy fine, whatever.....
i'll watch every game as the 3 hrs the bengals play is my fav 3 hr viewing span in the entire week....
p/o

Now you must be young because I have been a Bengals fan all my life since 1968!!
I'm not going to be able to see my team win a championship just like my dad didn't get to see one he died in 2001.
 You saying that just made me sick !! 
I WANT A FVCKING CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE I DIE !!!!!!!!!!!
This owner named Mike Brown has made my football life so miserable !
Everytime we get close to a championship team they start letting our good players leave in FA.
It's really simple to keep your good players you don't let them even get to FA and if they get there you have tags to keep them here!!!
While keeping coaches that are way past there time three rebuilds is enough and now we have to start for the fourth time in the M. Lewis era .
 Alexander is another one way past his time this is his hand picked offensive line and they svck!!
On run blocking their way to high haven't seen any of them be the low man they should be aiming for the waist of the defensive lineman but everytime you see them up around the shoulder pads guess they never heard of low man wins!!!
Well I'm done venting !!! I guess I'm getting sick of the shit too!!!!

I want change I want a head coach with fire in him not one that giggles!!!
Reply/Quote