Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Imagine if we could get announcers who actually know our team?
CBS needs to stop putting Tony Romo on our games. It gets tiring listening to him always lauding our opponents and downplaying us. Today he built a shrine to Tom Brady.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: CBS needs to stop putting Tony Romo on our games. It gets tiring listening to him always lauding our opponents and downplaying us. Today he built a shrine to Tom Brady.

I mean…It’s Tom Brady. He’s probably the greatest NFL player of all time. He’s going to get a lot of talk in every game he plays in. The Bengals are the big boys now though, and the announcers will quickly be jumping onboard the train.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He was waxing the Bucs offensive design as the teams were meeting on the field to shake hands after the game.
Reply/Quote
Tony was all about how great Brady and the Bucs D were in the first half. When the Bengals came back, he still kept talking about Brady.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I mean…It’s Tom Brady. He’s probably the greatest NFL player of all time. He’s going to get a lot of talk in every game he plays in. The Bengals are the big boys now though, and the announcers will quickly be jumping onboard the train.

Yeah, but saying things like “Brady is the only one who can make this throw,” when it’s a throw at least 25 other QBs can make, is a bit much.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He was waxing the Bucs offensive design as the teams were meeting on the field to shake hands after the game.

Yes they came up with this motion thing. Cutting edge offense by Lefty
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He was waxing the Bucs offensive design as the teams were meeting on the field to shake hands after the game.

Hilarious. Bengals beat Brady, and Romo was still gushing over the first half Bucs’ offense
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, but saying things like “Brady is the only one who can make this throw,” when it’s a throw at least 25 other QBs can make, is a bit much.

I remember that play. It was a nice throw. That’s it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, but saying things like “Brady is the only one who can make this throw,” when it’s a throw at least 25 other QBs can make, is a bit much.

He does that pretty much in the Chiefs and Bills game. Only Mahomes or Allen can make that throw.....
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious. Bengals beat Brady, and Romo was still gushing over the first half Bucs’ offense

What a first half!!!!

Reply/Quote
I like Romo when he’s not commentating on the Bengals but when you are trying to watch a game you care about and he starts a story and then he’s still talking complete bollocks about it 3 downs later it becomes tedious.
Reply/Quote
Tony you can tell was all for Brady but the Bengals got the last laugh ?
Ready for Memorial Day!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious. Bengals beat Brady, and Romo was still gushing over the first half Bucs’ offense

What about the game changing defense or championship caliber 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I like Romo when he’s not commentating on the Bengals but when you are trying to watch a game you care about and he starts a story and then he’s still talking complete bollocks about it 3 downs later it becomes tedious.

I used to like Romo but he’s getting on my nerves. He was insufferable during todays game for reasons everyone had already listed.

Over board for his Brady love considering the way he played today.
Reply/Quote
Romo is insufferable, but given how we play while him and Nance are on the call it makes his moronic takes a little more tolerable.
Reply/Quote
I’m just tired of Romo saying “Chase is on the case”. At least he didn’t go there this week that I can recall.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I used to enjoy his commentary when he first started. He had some good insight on why so and so was calling this play or that play, from a former QB perspective. But he has been bad this year. He’s gotten away from some of that and nowadays starts rambling on about one thing or another, fixating on one guy or another to the point it’s embarrassing. Like Cris Collinsworth bad. In fact, I’d venture to say Tony Romo is what you get when you order Collinsworth off Wish. com.
Reply/Quote

This one stuck out a bit
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:
This one stuck out a bit

No excitement whatsoever for Bengals plays. At least it didn’t seem that way.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious. Bengals beat Brady, and Romo was still gushing over the first half Bucs’ offense

Romo always does this.  He rides a team or player's jock no matter what.  He'll ride that crap into oblivion. No conceding even in obvious failure.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote