Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
(12-18-2019, 11:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its almost like it doesn't matter how un-American you go. The pack mentality, party over country shit show the R's (i don't even want to call them Republicans, I used to have a little respect for them) are putting on is a total disgrace. 

The lack of colorful opposition pisses me off. The calm cool and collective responsible individual gig isn't working. Get a jock strap jim, numb nuts nunes, gohmert pyle level jackass screaming and hollering. Fight fire with fire. Maybe it will strike a cord with the hardcore R's.

This is what I was thinking. The only Dem who comes close to talking shit back is Swalwell. All those Repubs did led by that loud mouth Collins was yell and read off the same talking points they keep repeating. Completely ignoring the Fact that brain dead Trump is on video admitting he did what he is getting impeached for. How some of those ignorant chicken shit Repubs got voted in to office is amazing. 
(12-19-2019, 12:46 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump just mentioned Barron at his rally as a means of attacking Elizabeth Warren and the large crowds she has been gathering.

“I could have Barron Trump go into Central Park and he’d get a crowd. He’d get a bigger crowd,” 

Classless move by a Republican "president". Pres. Trump uses a teenage boy who has nothing to do with this joke of an election (and deserves privacy) as a punchline. And what's worse, it's met by laughter in the convention center. What is being done to this country is no laughing matter. 

A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Donald Trump, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it. 

Ninja

Does that mean that Trump and Melania are no longer outraged by Barron being brought up at that hearing? What a bunch of phony's.
Now that the impeachment vote is a matter of record, I think the House should pull a Mitch McConnell move and postpone sending to the Senate until after the election.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-19-2019, 08:30 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Now that the impeachment vote is a matter of record, I think the House should pull a Mitch McConnell move and postpone sending to the Senate until after the election.

Well then that would kind of hint that all of those solemn faces and "I hate to do this, but I have no choice" looks were kind of fake.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-19-2019, 07:00 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: To the bold. I've seen this talking point going around a lot, and while I understand the premise of it. I'm not sure the conclusion is right.

People seem to be arguing that if Trump were so innocent he'd let witnesses testify and exonerate him. But has anyone thought that perhaps the alternative is that Trump wanted to see if the Dems would actually impeach him and felt that by them doing so would help his chances for re-election? 

Given the sheer amount of evidence that he is guilty, I think the more obvious explanation is that he didn't allow them to testify because it would hurt the case against him to a point that Republicans could not ignore it as they're currently choosing to do. 

Given his comments in the past about impeachment and the nonsensical letter he sent to Pelosi, I don't think he actually wanted to be impeached.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-19-2019, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then that would kind of hint that all of those solemn faces and "I hate to do this, but I have no choice" looks were kind of fake.  

Not really. The act of impeachment alone has meaning and was necessary. Refusing to then hand it over to the Senate, where they've already declared they won't even consider any evidence and will refuse to be impartial, does not change the necessity for putting it on the record that what he did was wrong. Republicans acquitting him will arguably cause irreparable harm to our system of government as it will set the precedent that abusing the office for personal gain is constitutional. 

(12-19-2019, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then that would kind of hint that all of those solemn faces and "I hate to do this, but I have no choice" looks were kind of fake.  

As if we didn't know that already.  Shocked
I'm puting this in the Impeachment thread for two reasons:

1) DJT held a rally (of course he did) during the vote so that is when this happened.

2) This is the "man" that the gop staunchly defends as being right, good, cares about corruption, etc.

He's less of a man that any many I have ever met.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics/trump-rally-john-dingell-hell/index.html

Quote:President Donald Trump attacked Democratic Rep. Debbie Dingell and her late husband, Rep. John Dingell, during a rally on Wednesday, implying the former congressman was "looking up" from hell.

"Debbie Dingell, that's a real beauty," Trump said of the congresswoman, noting he was watching her on television during impeachment proceedings.

Trump said that he gave the family the "A-plus treatment" after John Dingell died, and that the congresswoman, who now holds his seat in the House, told Trump during an emotional call following John Dingell's funeral that her husband would have been "thrilled" by the respect shown for him during his funeral and "he's looking down" on the ceremonies.

"Maybe he's looking up," Trump said, drawing some moans and groans from those in Battle Creek, Michigan, about two hours away from Debbie Dingell's district. "Maybe, but let's assume he's looking down."

Small, letty little "man".  The gop should be proud to be rallying around him.
(12-19-2019, 10:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm puting this in the Impeachment thread for two reasons:

1) DJT held a rally (of course he did) during the vote so that is when this happened.

2) This is the "man" that the gop staunchly defends as being right, good, cares about corruption, etc.

Why can't Monika just put up what he really said.  That's bad enough.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

So if this doesn't go to the Senate then this is like a half impeachment. That's fine.
(12-19-2019, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Why can't Monika just put up what he really said.  That's bad enough.

I thought I followed up with that.  Must have forgot to hit post.

Quote:President Donald Trump attacked Democratic Rep. Debbie Dingell and her late husband, Rep. John Dingell, during a rally on Wednesday, implying the former congressman was "looking up" from hell.

"Debbie Dingell, that's a real beauty," Trump said of the congresswoman, noting he was watching her on television during impeachment proceedings.

Trump said that he gave the family the "A-plus treatment" after John Dingell died, and that the congresswoman, who now holds his seat in the House, told Trump during an emotional call following John Dingell's funeral that her husband would have been "thrilled" by the respect shown for him during his funeral and "he's looking down" on the ceremonies.

"Maybe he's looking up," Trump said, drawing some moans and groans from those in Battle Creek, Michigan, about two hours away from Debbie Dingell's district. "Maybe, but let's assume he's looking down."

From CNN.

"Bad enough" is the implication that Dingell is "looking up".  Trump is excrement.  A shame to the human race.  

But hey, those 401K's...amiright? Whatever
(12-19-2019, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: I thought I followed up with that.  Must have forgot to hit post.

From CNN.

"Bad enough" is the implication that Dingell is "looking up".  Trump is excrement.  A shame to the human race.  

But hey, those 401K's...amiright? Whatever

Oh you did in the next post I see, but I was more talking about the twitter person.  Paraphrase correctly.  No need to embellish.

(12-19-2019, 10:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh you did in the next post I see, but I was more talking about the twitter person.  Paraphrase correctly.  No need to embellish.

How did she not paraphrase correctly?

What else could he have meant?
(12-19-2019, 10:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm puting this in the Impeachment thread for two reasons:

As we were taught in the clearly outdated King James version of the Bible, Jesus would never.....

Until the King Trump newer testament teachings from the religious right as of 2016 that is.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

(12-19-2019, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics/trump-rally-john-dingell-hell/index.html

Small, letty little "man".  The gop should be proud to be rallying around him.

Psshh, I posted that hours ago, noob.

His press secretary defended him by saying he was under attack and is a counter-puncher. 

So either that means he was under attack by a dead man or an appropriate counter punch to being impeached is to tell a congresswoman that her dead husband is in hell. 

(12-19-2019, 10:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Psshh, I posted that hours ago, noob.

His press secretary defended him by saying he was under attack and is a counter-puncher. 

So either that means he was under attack by a dead man or an appropriate counter punch to being impeached is to tell a congresswoman that her dead husband is in hell. 

ThumbsUp

So is this the 2nd or 3rd dead man Trump has had a fight with...and lost? Smirk

(12-19-2019, 10:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

So is this the 2nd or 3rd dead man Trump has had a fight with...and lost? Smirk

(12-19-2019, 10:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: How did she not paraphrase correctly?

What else could he have meant?

He didn't say he was probably in hell so why phrase it that way?  Just bugs me.