Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
(12-19-2019, 11:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He didn't say he was probably in hell so why phrase it that way?  Just bugs me.

JFC....that's the point you want to make?  That he said "maybe looking up" after he said "looking down" but he didn't say the word "hell"?

Wow.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I don't think Michaelsean heard the part before or after so he's just taking the quote without the context of the speech. Everyone knew what he was talking about.

Besides, they already doubled down on it even after the backlash, so if it wasn't clear to some what he was saying, it should be now that it's been confirmed from the Administration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-19-2019, 11:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: JFC....that's the point you want to make?  That he said "maybe looking up" after he said "looking down" but he didn't say the word "hell"?

Wow.

Yes. I already know about Trump. I don’t need new info so that’s all I’ve got.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-19-2019, 11:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think Michaelsean heard the part before or after so he's just taking the quote without the context of the speech. Everyone knew what he was talking about.
If there more than what’s in the whole thing Dino posted then I stand corrected. If it’s as I read it, it’s not a big deal. I was just making an observation.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-19-2019, 11:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If there more than what’s in the whole thing Dino posted then I stand corrected. If it’s as I read it, it’s not a big deal. I was just making an observation.

Again, wow.
(12-19-2019, 11:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Again, wow.

No what she tweeted. I wasn’t trying to make a big deal out of it. Just made an observation.

Here let me do this again because it’s poorly worded. If what was posted was the entirety and therefore I was correct in my assessment of her tweet it’s still no big deal what she tweeted. I was just making an observation.

(12-19-2019, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then that would kind of hint that all of those solemn faces and "I hate to do this, but I have no choice" looks were kind of fake.  

You mean like the sincerity of McConnell and the GOP Senators when they held up the Garland vote?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Apparently they did have something, since the only party in Congress which does not vote as a partisan block on every issue heard the witnesses and voted to impeach.
(12-19-2019, 11:43 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: You mean like the sincerity of McConnell and the GOP Senators when they held up the Garland vote?

Yes that amount of sincerity.

(12-19-2019, 11:43 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Apparently they did have something, since the only party in Congress which does not vote as a partisan block on every issue heard the witnesses and voted to impeach.

When you're right you're right.  Nearly 1% of Dems voted against impeachment.  

(12-19-2019, 11:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: When you're right you're right.  Nearly 1% of Dems voted against impeachment.  

Yeah. The sad state of affairs in American politics is that even that 1% was more than we have seen from the GOP in the past few years.

That ain't good for the country, IMO.
(12-19-2019, 12:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. The sad state of affairs in American politics is that even that 1% was more than we have seen from the GOP in the past few years.

That ain't good for the country, IMO.

Nope.  It's why I'm kind of done.  I'll comment on here about specific things, but I pay so little attention now that I can't comment on a lot of the bigger issues.  

(12-19-2019, 11:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: When you're right you're right.  Nearly 1% of Dems voted against impeachment.  

At least the Democrats aren't kicking out their members that aren't on their side of the impeachment debate.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-19-2019, 12:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nope.  It's why I'm kind of done.  I'll comment on here about specific things, but I pay so little attention now that I can't comment on a lot of the bigger issues.  

I can appreciate that. And I think that is how most people in the country feel.
(12-19-2019, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: At least the Democrats aren't kicking out their members that aren't on their side of the impeachment debate.

That's sort of my take on it.

Personally, they are both very partisan right now. But to hear the complaints from the GOP about partisanship after they have been so ensconced in this "party line or the highway" politics during the past few years... makes me do a facepalm.
(12-19-2019, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: At least the Democrats aren't kicking out their members that aren't on their side of the impeachment debate.

You mean the ones DJT called "human scum"?
(12-19-2019, 09:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Given the sheer amount of evidence that he is guilty, I think the more obvious explanation is that he didn't allow them to testify because it would hurt the case against him to a point that Republicans could not ignore it as they're currently choosing to do. 

Given his comments in the past about impeachment and the nonsensical letter he sent to Pelosi, I don't think he actually wanted to be impeached.

But if it were so "obvious" I dont believe we'd be having this discussion right now. Everyone has already said that the senate will not remove Trump from office. Given that this appears to be what will happen, I dont see why Trump would need to have anyone testify about anything for the House.

Which is why I raise the point that perhaps being impeached isnt necessarily what he wanted all along but rather something he was not afraid to let happen if he feels it works in his favor. Tump even said that if the democrats were going to impeach him they should "do it fast so we can go to trial in the senate"

And for months now people have repeated over and over again that Trump being impeached is helping his re-election.
(12-19-2019, 12:35 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yes.... The White House rejected his invitation to participate.

Now you answer one. 

Did house Republicans ever approach these hearings in a bi-partisan manner? Could be tied in, but you can choose not to answer since I only get one. Will senate R's be non-partisan in taking up this subject that means a whole hell of a lot to many Americans? (hint.. some have already answered for you)

NO
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]