Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
(01-14-2020, 09:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is "funny" is the gop won't even ask Biden questions.  They'll just yell about him for their allotted time and accuse him of fraud.

Although I'd love for someone to ask him if he "deserved" that job and him ask the same about Trump's daughter working in the WH. Smirk

Well, they won't even get a chance to do that. IIRC, questions are submitted to Roberts and asked for them instead of them getting allotted time. It prevents the kind of circus we typically see.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-15-2020, 10:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, they won't even get a chance to do that. IIRC, questions are submitted to Roberts and asked for them instead of them getting allotted time. It prevents the kind of circus we typically see.

I heard that too, was just making fun of the way they "questioned" witnesses in the House.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-14-2020, 10:03 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Robert Hyde seems like a really solid guy. He hasn't been paying child support child donating thousands to GOP campaigns. He is running for CT's 5th. He was once removed from Mar-a-lago by the cops, claiming hitmen were trying to kill him. He tweeted about Kamala Harris giving blowjobs when she dropped out.

"I can't believe Trump hasn't fired this *****" 

His response to these messages being leaked are just ridiculous but at this point what you have come to expect from the GOP:

“Bull Schiff is a giant b*tch. Did Pelosi get drunk and lose the impeachment articles? Looks like Schiff wants to whistle blow me. How low can liddle Adam Bull Schiff go? I was never in Kiev. For them to take some texts my buddy’s and I wrote back to some dweeb we were playing with that we met a few times while we had a few drinks is definitely laughable. Schiff is a desperate turd playing with this Lev guy. Have fun with your witch-hunt liddle Schiff.”
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-15-2020, 10:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Robert Hyde seems like a really solid guy. He hasn't been paying child support child donating thousands to GOP campaigns. He is running for CT's 5th. He was once removed from Mar-a-lago by the cops, claiming hitmen were trying to kill him. He tweeted about Kamala Harris giving blowjobs when she dropped out.

"I can't believe Trump hasn't fired this *****" 

His response to these messages being leaked are just ridiculous but at this point what you have come to expect from the GOP:

“Bull Schiff is a giant b*tch. Did Pelosi get drunk and lose the impeachment articles? Looks like Schiff wants to whistle blow me. How low can liddle Adam Bull Schiff go? I was never in Kiev. For them to take some texts my buddy’s and I wrote back to some dweeb we were playing with that we met a few times while we had a few drinks is definitely laughable. Schiff is a desperate turd playing with this Lev guy. Have fun with your witch-hunt liddle Schiff.”

All of that makes me think he's running for President as a Republican.  Mellow
(01-14-2020, 06:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: McConnell suggested that Republicans will call Hunter Biden as a witness if Bolton is called.  I mean, sure if them embarrassing themselves by interviewing Hunter Biden is what it takes to interview Bolton, then go for it.

My thoughts exactly.

DEMAND to know why he took a job for which he was not qualified, just because he was the son of the VP. 

Maybe the Democrats are ok with it, but the GOP does not tolerate nepotism!
(01-15-2020, 10:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Robert Hyde seems like a really solid guy. He hasn't been paying child support child donating thousands to GOP campaigns. He is running for CT's 5th. He was once removed from Mar-a-lago by the cops, claiming hitmen were trying to kill him. He tweeted about Kamala Harris giving blowjobs when she dropped out.

I don't see how any of this affects his job performance.  Hilarious

But seriously, those text messages are confusing. Hyde claims he has never been in Kiev. He was just joking with a bud about the surveillance.

He is crazy enough that that is possible. At the same time, the joke went over days. More matter of fact than his usual jokes.

Could he really have arranged or monitored a long distance surveillance? Or is he lying about his whereabouts?
They, all of them, are so dumb I don't know how they got this far with their scams.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/15/house-democrats-parnas-evidence-099413

Quote:Democrats release more Parnas evidence, including voicemails with Trump associates

The previously undisclosed documents underscore the evolving nature of the investigation.

01/15/2020 05:02 PM EST

Updated: 01/15/2020 05:55 PM EST

House impeachment investigators released a new set of evidence that was obtained from Lev Parnas, an indicted former associate of President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani — including voicemails, photos, and text messages between Parnas and high-level figures within Trump’s orbit.

The material includes voicemail messages Parnas received from Giuliani and Victoria Toensing, a prominent Trump-aligned lawyer, both of whom have been identified as players in an effort to force the removal of the then-U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, in Spring.

“Hey Lev. VT here. We’ve got a request to talk to the big one,” Toensing said in the April 23, 2019, voicemail message. “So I just wanted to get the latest from you, if I could. I know it’s late there. I’m sorry.”

The timing of the Toensing voicemail coincides with a flurry of activity involving Yovanovitch’s ouster. On April 23, Giuliani tweeted that Ukraine was investigating 2016 election interference, and Trump recalled Yovanovitch from Ukraine on April 24.

The previously undisclosed documents, released late Tuesday night but not publicly noticed, were posted ahead of the House formally sending its impeachment articles to the Senate, underscore the evolving nature of an investigation that House Democrats say is ongoing — and was stifled in its early stages by Trump’s refusal to allow his aides and associates to comply with congressional subpoenas.

Parnas was subpoenaed as part of the impeachment inquiry last year, but he initially refused to comply. He was later arrested in October and indicted on campaign-finance charges. A federal judge authorized Parnas earlier this month to begin turning over documents and other information to the House Intelligence Committee, which led the impeachment inquiry.

House Democrats have been racing to include new information onto its investigative record, which is a prerequisite for using the materials during the Senate’s trial, which is expected to formally begin on Thursday.

The documents also include several photos of Parnas with members of Trump’s family and his administration — including Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions — further highlighting Parnas’ ties and access to the president and members of his inner circle.

In one newly disclosed text exchange from May, just days before Yovanovitch’s removal, Parnas sent a smiling selfie to an official at the Trump-affiliated America First Action PAC in which he is wearing a flak jacket and suggests he's going to a "meeting."

“Jesus,” the official, Joseph Ahearn, replied. “Be safe.”

Among the newly released documents is a text message from Giuliani to Parnas, in which the former New York City mayor says he wants Parnas to get a message to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to “stop acting like a boy” and arrest a Ukrainian oligarch who was under investigation.

Other documents provided by Parnas, which were released earlier on Tuesday, included evidence that Trump personally signed off on his former counsel’s request to represent Parnas and another indicted Giuliani associate, Igor Fruman.

Everyone starting to get better memories....lol.

(01-15-2020, 11:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Everyone starting to get better memories....lol.

SO! All those memories came back in a rush.

The "sham impeachment." Hillary. The "Russia Hoax." Democrats "heavily involved in digging up dirt" via Ukraine.

THAT's what Nunes would have been addressing at the time.

LOL keeping it IN CONTEXT for the Fox viewers.
Can republicans put partisanship aside and actually look at this evidence and call witnesses?  Probably not.

Will it bother them though?  Again, probably not.

That they seems to choosing to not even want to question in an attempt to disprove all the allegations obviously speaks volumes.

It is sad and I would hope voters would hold them accountable.  But, again, probably not.
So far silence from Barr.  Remember when some thought he would bring some respect back to the position?

Well, this is some fun news heading into the trial: White House hold on Ukraine aid violated federal law, congressional watchdog says

Quote:The White House violated federal law in its hold on security aid to Ukraine last year, according to a decision by a congressional watchdog released on Thursday and reviewed by The Washington Post.

The Government Accountability Office, a nonpartisan agency that reports to Congress, found the Trump administration violated a law that governs how the White House disburses money approved by Congress.

The GAO decision comes as the Senate prepares for the impeachment trial of President Trump, a process set to begin Thursday.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” the decision states. “OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act.”

The White House quickly rebutted the charge, criticizing the agency’s decision as an “overreach” and an attempt to insert itself into the “media’s controversy of the day.”

“We disagree with GAO’s opinion,” said OMB spokeswoman Rachel Semmel. “OMB uses its apportionment authority to ensure taxpayer dollars are properly spent consistent with the President’s priorities and with the law.”

More at the link.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-16-2020, 12:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, this is some fun news heading into the trial: White House hold on Ukraine aid violated federal law, congressional watchdog says

More at the link.

(I was posting this at the same time and put it in the wrong thread.  Smirk)

Again, do you think the gop cares enough to hold Trump responsible?  I doubt it.
(01-16-2020, 12:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: (I was posting this at the same time and put it in the wrong thread.  Smirk)

Again, do you think the gop cares enough to hold Trump responsible?  I doubt it.

Well it's starting off well.  Mellow

(01-16-2020, 12:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, this is some fun news heading into the trial: White House hold on Ukraine aid violated federal law, congressional watchdog says

More at the link.

Right, which means the argument of "so what if the President did do it, it wasn't illegal?" is now off the table. It also means that the defense, even though it's wrong, that the President didn't break a law so he can't be impeached has kind of fallen apart as well. I'm guessing though that we will soon get a tweet accusing this non partisian agency of being filled with a bunch of liberals who hate Trump.
(01-16-2020, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well it's starting off well.  Mellow

She's just mad that her appointment was a participation trophy and she's gonna lose a second Senate race.

[Image: social-share.png]

Republicans making it clear that they are ready to ignore any and all new evidence, no matter how damning.

(01-16-2020, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She's just mad that her appointment was a participation trophy and she's gonna lose a second Senate race.

[Image: social-share.png]

ThumbsUp

More at the link.

Alright, so Trump broke the law. But honestly. What gives? You have no independent justice department any longer. And 40% still think he is a great president, that number holds steady in your ideological war, and so he can do anything. Breaking the law, pshaw. The jury's always his family, and they will always aquit him on that 40% basis that is sufficient for a steady senate majority.

He could shoot those frequently cited people on the streets and Lindsey Graham would still be appalled, appalled, oh so deeply appalled by something Lisa Page texted. Nunes will still accuse Schiff of wanting nude pictures of Trump; others will point to the Dems wanting to impeach that guy from day 1.

This really does not change anything.