Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
Kevin M. Kruse‏Verified account @KevinMKruse · 17h17 hours ago
I don't know, guys, but after today's presentations, I actually think the Senate might vote to remove President Hunter Biden.

No trial, no vindication.

Trump supporters/defenders wanting us to believe an innocent man want's no witnesses called to exonerate him want us to be the fools they are.

We aren't. We respect ourselves more than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-30-2020, 02:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't have twitter, but I feel like I do.

ThumbsUp

Synopsis, links, videos.  It's easier that copying an pasting everything.

Although I admit it leaves it up to the reader to actually click through and read.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-30-2020, 02:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't think this is the original tweet I saw, but it has the same point:

Well as long as we all understand that when the Senate acquits it wasn't due to this argument, and purely out of partisanship I think we will be alright.   Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-30-2020, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Synopsis, links, videos.  It's easier that copying an pasting everything.

Although I admit it leaves it up to the reader to actually click through and read.  Smirk

I pretty much assume that all I'm supposed to read is what's there.  I just find it kind of boring, and I generally have no idea who the people are or why I should pay attention to them.  I prefer people's own opinions. You'll sometimes have an ass respond but generally it's pretty cordial.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-30-2020, 01:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I said it in another thread, this media bias/ fake news narrative is just a modern way of explaining away when people think differently than you. The issue with the internet is it has given people the false belief that they can self educate themselves into experts on any subject in a few clicks. People now believe by a quick google search, and a couple clicks of websites who already agree with their position, they can "prove" anything they believe. It is this phenomenon that has exacerbated the issues we see with hyper partisan politics as they are now so convinced they are right that they have no interest in even entertaining anything but their view of reality. The internet has killed empathy because the narratives always paint the other position as one that is out to destroy whatever it is you value. 

Don Lemon says there is no bias.  Just ask anyone who knows him.  "I was laughing at the joke,and not at any group of people." He should be on Trump's defense team.

Kind of related to Trump in general and the decay of the office. Bernie Sanders is looking into his ability to essentially executive order his whole platform through if he wins (Legalize Pot, Stop Border wall, Declare Climate change a national emergency,etc.). I have been saying that precedent matters throughout this whole presidency and that the genie isn't going back into the bottle. The legislative branch willfully allowed their powers to be usurped by the executive branch and it won't magically stop just because Trump eventually leaves.

None of this is good for the country and it's only going to get worse until both sides say "this isn't how this works".
(01-30-2020, 03:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kind of related to Trump in general and the decay of the office. Bernie Sanders is looking into his ability to essentially executive order his whole platform through if he wins (Legalize Pot, Stop Border wall, Declare Climate change a national emergency,etc.). I have been saying that precedent matters throughout this whole presidency and that the genie isn't going back into the bottle. The legislative branch willfully allowed their powers to be usurped by the executive branch and it won't magically stop just because Trump eventually leaves.

None of this is good for the country and it's only going to get worse until both sides say "this isn't how this works".

There's always some parameters.  They use work arounds, but he can't for instance just say pot is now legal.  And of course the next President can just wipe them out.

Well, at least we know why Pam Bondi is there:  She can lie with impunity and no one can say she changed at all.
(01-30-2020, 03:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There's always some parameters.  They use work arounds, but he can't for instance just say pot is now legal.  And of course the next President can just wipe them out.

Right, so what we now have is a system where a person has 4 years to do whatever they want via executive order and then let the next person enact their will as they please. This is why working with legislators instead of attempting to circumvent them is the way this is supposed to work. National Emergency is a powerful one that is REALLY dangerous because it allows the President as we saw with the wall take money from places it was properly allocated to through the legislator and unilaterally reassign it. Bernie Sanders for instance thinks the military budget is way too large, so he could declare a national emergency around climate change and funnel large amounts of military construction funds to build solar panels instead.

Don't want to get too far off topic here, but that seemed like relevant collateral damage I had just read about considering the impeachment really revolves around the office being morphed into a position of complete impunity. After hearing some of the defenses of it we are only strengthening a position for it to continue into the future.
(01-30-2020, 03:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, at least we know why Pam Bondi is there:  She can lie with impunity and no one can say she changed at all.

(01-30-2020, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Well one is easily answered.  Nepotism.  That doesn't mean you can't ask the question of why Hunter got his job.  

(01-30-2020, 04:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well one is easily answered.  Nepotism.  That doesn't mean you can't ask the question of why Hunter got his job.  

Virtually everything she said in that clip is a lie.

But ok.
(01-30-2020, 04:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Virtually everything she said in that clip is a lie.

But ok.

Again, I read what's posted.  I can't even listen to audio on my work computer.  But for now on I will not comment on twitter posts since I guess it's like commenting on a headline.

Schiff stunned the room just now when he informed senators that JUST TODAY, as Trump’s lawyers argue in the Senate the House should’ve gone to court to enforce subpoenas, DOJ lawyers argued in COURT that judges have no place to enforce subpoenas because of the impeachment power.

(01-30-2020, 04:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Again, I read what's posted.  I can't even listen to audio on my work computer.  But for now on I will not comment on twitter posts since I guess it's like commenting on a headline.

It's nothing like a headline.  There is a link with a video or there is a link to a story.

I suppose I am wrong for thinking that people might want to see/hear/learn.
So I don't think Hunter Biden is gonna run for President this year.

(01-30-2020, 04:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's nothing like a headline.  There is a link with a video or there is a link to a story.

I suppose I am wrong for thinking that people might want to see/hear/learn.

Did you read what I wrote?  Me commenting on a twitter post, since I can't listen to video is like commenting on a headline. My comments have only been about what I actually see posted here.

(01-30-2020, 04:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Schiff stunned the room just now when he informed senators that JUST TODAY, as Trump’s lawyers argue in the Senate the House should’ve gone to court to enforce subpoenas, DOJ lawyers argued in COURT that judges have no place to enforce subpoenas because of the impeachment power.

I doubt they were stunned.  We knew about it yesterday.  I think different groups argue different things based on their goal.  Trump's lawyers aren't beholden to DOJs arguments. This isn't one unit.

Someone can help me out here, but I believe during obamacare hearings to the SC, the lawyers for argued one day the mandate was a tax, and on another day it wasn't a tax.  

(01-30-2020, 04:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I don't think Hunter Biden is gonna run for President this year.

They are already prepared with votes to impeach the kid.