Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importance of Special Teams
(01-08-2016, 01:55 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: If tate returns most of the kicks, that's going to be a problem

I think since it's win or go home, we might see Adam return some kicks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Huber can't have an off game. We need field position. That hurt us the second half vs Denver. And the first half vs the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:16 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think since it's win or go home, we might see Adam return some kicks.

Agreed unless it's a for sure fair catch situation we will see Pacman back there
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 50+ in Denver is like 40 in Cincinnati. Matt Prater hit a 64 yarder in Denver in 2013.

he did make it correct ?? it still was a pressure kick... did you see the terrible kick from Denver kicker at end of regulation
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even if you say "out of 40", that still means he's below 16 people, which means below 16 teams, which means bottom half of the league.

Besides, that's just for total return yards. If you look at the top 20 yardage KR guys, Brandon Tate has the 19th average.

Just like how out of the 24 qualified PR, Branton Tate has the 22nd average at 6.6 yards. Adam Jones has more yardage in 16 PR than Tate does in 27 PR.

Every year people try to use accumulative stats to make Tate look better, but he only gets those stats because no other team would keep running him out there so he can muff catches, make freaking awful decisions, and run backwards. Tate is Turrible.

Totally disagree.. I have seen good kick and punt returners fumble their team out of a game or almost out of a game.. Tate is not terrible but he is not great either.   i guess it depends on what you want the returner for.. with this team, I would much rather have a good safe punt returner than someone that could fumble the kick away. Tell me the last time he fumbled and cost us a game or chance at losing a game ?    

I would rather have him catching punts tomorrow nite  than Gio  when we need it caught.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Huber can't have an off game.   We need field position.   That hurt us the second half vs Denver.   And the first half vs the Ravens.

Huber has had the worst year of any of our special teams players.. he ranks like 20th in punting. he is regressed big time this year.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally disagree.. I have seen good kick and punt returners fumble their team out of a game or almost out of a game.. Tate is not terrible but he is not great either.   i guess it depends on what you want the returner for.. with this team, I would much rather have a good safe punt returner than someone that could fumble the kick away. Tell me the last time he fumbled and cost us a game or chance at losing a game ?    

I would rather have him catching punts tomorrow nite  than Gio  when we need it caught.  

Instead, he just runs backwards.

Last time the guy had a KR TD was 2010, for the Patriots. 2011 in his first year for a PR TD.

Don't know about costing a game, but he has 12 fumbles in his 5 years returning, and that doesn't count muffed KR catches that he quickly scoops back up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 09:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Instead, he just runs backwards.

Last time the guy had a KR TD was 2010, for the Patriots. 2011 in his first year for a PR TD.

Don't know about costing a game, but he has 12 fumbles in his 5 years returning, and that doesn't count muffed KR catches that he quickly scoops back up.

He has 6 fumbles lost in his career  and I would guess actually has one of the best catch to fumble ratio in the the NFl.. that is less than one fumble a year lost.. as for this year which is what matters most.. zero fumbles lost on kicks and punts... Like I said give me Tate tomorrow nite when it counts to catch the ball
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Huber has had the worst year of any of our special teams players.. he ranks like 20th in punting. he is regressed big time this year.. 

He's much better than what he's showed the last couple of games. Hope he brings it tonight. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Huber can't have an off game.   We need field position.   That hurt us the second half vs Denver.   And the first half vs the Ravens.

This is definately big, hoping we don't need him that often but field position is always key in these AFC North games.
Reply/Quote
Should have given a shout out to Cedric Peerman. He was outstanding last week.
Reply/Quote