Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressed by Richard Sherman
I am thoroughly impressed by Sherman taking a stand.
Good for him and good for the people who will listen to him and reevaluate their priorities.
Sherman takes a stand

Oh.... and he's a badass !
Ninja
lol... there's fun to be had here but I'll pass.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
There are a lot of blacks that get it.

What needs to happen is that the white guilt liberal gets it.

Black Lives Matter... another phony leftist "cause".  Thug lives, black or otherwise, that are killed whether by accident or intentional don't matter.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions this doesn't mean every police killing should not be thoroughy investigated and scrutinized. Last thing we need is a rogue police force immune to the law.

[Image: 20z61jc.jpg]
[Image: 20141204-patreon.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-15-2015, 10:20 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: There are a lot of blacks that get it.

What needs to happen is that the white guilt liberal gets it.

Black Lives Matter... another phony leftist "cause".  Thug lives, black or otherwise, that are killed whether by accident or intentional don't matter.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions this doesn't mean every police killing should not be thoroughy investigated and scrutinized. Last thing we need is a rogue police force immune to the law.

[Image: 20z61jc.jpg]

every life matters a black one no more or less than a white asain or hispanic.
One thing that needs to be understood is that when someone says "Black lives matter", they're not saying "only black lives matter", they're really saying "black lives matter, too".

Anyone who doesn't think institutional racism doesn't exist is kidding themselves. It most certainly does. We also live in a society where it is harder to raise yourself out of poverty if you do not see others around you doing the same or the resources are not fully available. It's also hard when you do not have the support at home to raise yourself out of poverty. With poverty comes crime. Crime isn't a racial problem, it's a socioeconomic problem. However, black Americans are more likely to be in a lower socioeconomic class. Add in mandatory sentencing for victimless drug crimes and you have more and more black males entering prison and not able to find employment when they exit.

now, should the only focus be on criminal justice? No, there are a lot of things that need to be addressed. Is there anything wrong with saying "black lives matter"? No. Should they boo people who say "all lives matter"? No, use it as a teachable moment to explain what your message is and why saying "all lives matters" detracts from it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-15-2015, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: now, should the only focus be on criminal justice? No, there are a lot of things that need to be addressed. Is there anything wrong with saying "black lives matter"? No. Should they boo people who say "all lives matter"? No, use it as a teachable moment to explain what your message is and why saying "all lives matters" detracts from it.

This.

I saw someone recently that was pointing out how those against the BLM movement are inferring an "only" at the front, when in reality it is an implied ",too" at the end. That some people fail to acknowledge the implication while insisting their own inference is the true meaning is just another example of the root of all of these problems.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-15-2015, 12:38 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I am thoroughly impressed by Sherman taking a stand.
Good for him and good for the people who will listen to him and reevaluate their priorities.
Sherman takes a stand

Oh.... and he's a badass !
Ninja
Kudos to Sherman for calling this BLM movement out for the divisive actions it promotes; however, there will be pretty of middle aged white men apologize for it and claim Sherman doesn't "get it". 

WTS, I'm not sure if it has been verified that Sherman actually said this.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-15-2015, 11:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kudos to Sherman for calling this BLM movement out for the divisive actions it promotes; however, there will be pretty of middle aged white men apologize for it and claim Sherman doesn't "get it". 

Rolleyes
(09-15-2015, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anyone who doesn't think institutional racism doesn't exist is kidding themselves. It most certainly does.

But isn't that really an excuse for decades of failed affirmative action?  At what point do we start to question whether it's simple correlation and not causation? 

Not to mention the entire concept of institutional racism is essentially based off a perception of unequal outcomes, which is not the same as saying unequal opportunity or equal ability.
(09-15-2015, 12:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Not to mention the entire concept of institutional racism is essentially based off a perception of unequal outcomes, 

No it isn't.  

It is based on the fact that many organizations have been flat out caught red handed engaging in racists activity like racial profiling or passing around racists comments.

It is based on the fact that many social clubs excluded people based on race for many decades after the Civil rights act was passed. And these private social clubs generally include the most powerful members of the economic community.  

It is based on the fact that there are many blatantly racists organizations still in existence.  If you don't believe me then check out websites like Stormfront or Chimpout.

The big problem is how to tell when racism actually plays a part in a decision.  I am sure that most of you have interviewed for a job or asked for a promotion when you felt you were the best qualified candidate but didn't get it.  If this happens to a white guy he will be upset.  But if it happens to a black guy he can not help but believe that it was due to racism.
(09-15-2015, 11:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kudos to Sherman for calling this BLM movement out for the divisive actions it promotes; however, there will be pretty of middle aged white men apologize for it and claim Sherman doesn't "get it". 

While I agree with the overall sentiment of the message, I agree with you...we don't even know if he actually said this.  They even say that in like the 1st two sentences of the OP's link.
(09-15-2015, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One thing that needs to be understood is that when someone says "Black lives matter", they're not saying "only black lives matter", they're really saying "black lives matter, too".

Anyone who doesn't think institutional racism doesn't exist is kidding themselves. It most certainly does. We also live in a society where it is harder to raise yourself out of poverty if you do not see others around you doing the same or the resources are not fully available. It's also hard when you do not have the support at home to raise yourself out of poverty. With poverty comes crime. Crime isn't a racial problem, it's a socioeconomic problem. However, black Americans are more likely to be in a lower socioeconomic class. Add in mandatory sentencing for victimless drug crimes and you have more and more black males entering prison and not able to find employment when they exit.

now, should the only focus be on criminal justice? No, there are a lot of things that need to be addressed. Is there anything wrong with saying "black lives matter"? No. Should they boo people who say "all lives matter"? No, use it as a teachable moment to explain what your message is and why saying "all lives matters" detracts from it.
I agree with this.
There is still a problem with racism, but the way it has been addressed in the past few years have done nothing but make things worse.
We need to stop complaining and demanding compensation for the past and learn to extend ourselves to being brothers and sisters to one another.
We all need a culture change.

(09-15-2015, 01:58 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: While I agree with the overall sentiment of the message, I agree with you...we don't even know if he actually said this.  They even say that in like the 1st two sentences of the OP's link.
I do not believe that the editors note was there when I posted the link, last night.
Regardless, I am fully behind the idea of removing the militant mentality that seems to be erupting from communities.
(09-15-2015, 02:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I agree with this.
There is still a problem with racism, but the way it has been addressed in the past few years have done nothing but make things worse.
We need to stop complaining and demanding compensation for the past and learn to extend ourselves to being brothers and sisters to one another.
We all need a culture change.

I do not believe that the editors note was there when I posted the link, last night.
Regardless, I am fully behind the idea of removing the militant mentality that seems to be erupting from communities.

Sorry I wasn't trying to make sound like you were trying to make false statements, but I was surprised when I clicked on your link and it said that it wasn't clear whether or not Sherman made those statements.

I'm a firm believer in just treating everybody the same, I really don't care what color you are.  That doesn't mean I don't see race, you'd have to be blind not to.  I just don't care and I think most just want to get along with other people no matter what color they are. 
(09-15-2015, 02:39 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Sorry I wasn't trying to make sound like you were trying to make false statements, but I was surprised when I clicked on your link and it said that it wasn't clear whether or not Sherman made those statements.

I'm a firm believer in just treating everybody the same, I really don't care what color you are.  That doesn't mean I don't see race, you'd have to be blind not to.  I just don't care and I think most just want to get along with other people no matter what color they are. 

Oh, I didn't think you were.
I was just clarifying.
Had I seen the disclaimer, I'd never had posted it.
Good stuff.

Always glad to see when people call out the black lives matter nonsense for what it is.... An effort to suppress blacks from within.
(09-15-2015, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good stuff.  

Always glad to see when people call out the black lives matter nonsense for what it is....   An effort to suppress blacks from within.

Yes.  "suppress blacks".

I'm sure one of the Obamas is behind it.
(09-15-2015, 04:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  "suppress blacks".

I'm sure one of the Obamas is behind it.

You've seemed kind of on edge, lately.
Everything ok ?
Confused
(09-15-2015, 06:42 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You've seemed kind of on edge, lately.
Everything ok ?
Confused

Yep.  Just calling a spade a spade.

Ninja
(09-15-2015, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.  

It is based on the fact that many organizations have been flat out caught red handed engaging in racists activity like racial profiling or passing around racists comments.

It is based on the fact that many social clubs excluded people based on race for many decades after the Civil rights act was passed. And these private social clubs generally include the most powerful members of the economic community.  

It is based on the fact that there are many blatantly racists organizations still in existence.  If you don't believe me then check out websites like Stormfront or Chimpout.

Another is here.....
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/

They pass it off as satire, but I'd wager many take it very serious.