Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron Injured Wrist
(12-29-2015, 02:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: He doesnt need his left wrist anyway. Rub some dirt on it and get back out there.

Well, actually, I remember when Carson had the bad left hand for us, and it made hand-offs very backwards and complicated, and he was a veteran. ....Asking this kid with just 2 NFL starts to do that, I don't know......I would have no problem with the # 3 QB play the Ravens and try to get Dalton and McCarron more healthy for play-offs. ....We will be at the least the #3 seed with a home game against the # 6 seed....and WE WANT THAT PLAY-OFF WIN.....no more one and done's. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The real tragedy if McCarron cant play against the ravens is him losing valuable game experience before the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: The real tragedy if McCarron cant play against the ravens is him losing valuable game experience before the playoffs.

Sure, that is a down side....but the Ravens just beat the Steelers and really have played most teams close all year, their losses have not been blow outs.  The Ravens are just the team to lay more injuries on us, which is the LAST thing we need....Remember how we limped into Indy with no chance last play-offs........I would take the down side of him not getting action in this game if his wrist is in a position to get injured even worse....This team is a MASH unit right now.....Beating Ravens probably isn't going to get us a bye week now.....We need to rest players and start focusing on getting that play-off win, the heck with the Ravens.....If we get players healthy, we can beat any team, any where. ....Get healthy, rested and ready for that Play-Off Game in THE JUNGLE on January 9th or 10th. ....The bye week teams will be the Patriots and Broncos who just beat us, so lets get healthy so we can make a run in the play-offs.  The heck with the Ravens game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:32 PM)kevin Wrote: Sure, that is a down side....but the Ravens just beat the Steelers and really have played most teams close all year, their losses have not been blow outs.  The Ravens are just the team to lay more injuries on us, which is the LAST thing we need....Remember how we limped into Indy with no chance last play-offs........I would take the down side of him not getting action in this game if his wrist is in a position to get injured even worse....This team is a MASH unit right now.....Beating Ravens probably isn't going to get us a bye week now.....We need to rest players and start focusing on getting that play-off win, the heck with the Ravens.....If we get players healthy, we can beat any team, any where. 

I understand you point and I offer you this....what happened the last time we rested our starters in week 17 in preparation for playing the Jets at home in the playoffs? And just for fun, who currently holds the 6 seed?

I say play to win, hope for a SD miracle in Denver and go into the playoffs with Mccarron having 4 more quarters of game experience reading defenses. Injuries will always happen. You don't play not to lose....you play to win. That's my opinion on the subject.
Reply/Quote
& mine too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: I understand you point and I offer you this....what happened the last time we rested our starters in week 17 in preparation for playing the Jets at home in the playoffs? And just for fun, who currently holds the 6 seed?

I say play to win, hope for a SD miracle in Denver and go into the playoffs with Mccarron having 4 more quarters of game experience reading defenses. Injuries will always happen. You don't play not to lose....you play to win. That's my opinion on the subject.

We are a MASH unit right now.....That was 2009 and a whole different team.....I have seen teams like the Ravens rest starters last game, even against us,  and go on to win in play-offs. ....Right now, as injured as Bengals are, they should be focused on going into the play-offs more healthy than last year. Last year was just sad.  Lets get some players healthy for Jan 9th or 10th....that gives us 12 or 13 days to mend the injured wrists and sore thumbs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope it isn't a big deal like Palmer's was with us. Sure it is his left hand but i remember that
Palmer had to hand the ball off all weird and it threw off the running game. McCarron played
pretty damn good from what i saw but i couldn't watch the game with no ESPN.

Tough loss for us but that was the best Defense in the league and we almost pulled it off. Some
of those passes from McCarron were great, high and away where only his receiver could bring it
down. Dude might be really good on down the line.

Saw the penalty on Burfict and i don't like the call, he was just trying to strip the ball.

Dunlap played one hell of a game with Geno not being able to play as much as usual too.

Hope we don't have to face the Broncos in the Playoffs again in their place, we need Geno to
be 100% to win against these Playoff teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:43 PM)kevin Wrote: We are a MASH unit right now.....That was 2009 and a whole different team.....I have seen teams like the Ravens rest starters last game, even against us,  and go on to win Super Bowl. ....Right now, as injured as Bengals are, they should be focused on going into the play-offs more healthy than last year. Last year was just sad.  Lets get some players healthy for Jan 9th or 10th....that gives us 12 or 13 days to mend the injured wrists and sore thumbs. 

Sorry, but McCarron needs experience more than rest for us to have a chance if he starts a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sorry, but McCarron needs experience more than rest for us to have a chance if he starts a playoff game.

It depends on how hurt his wrist is, doesn't it?  If we subject him to a beating at the hands of the Ravens and his wrist gets even more smashed up we would HAVE to start Wenning in the playoffs.  Eep.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope it isn't a big deal like Palmer's was with us. Sure it is his left hand but i remember that
Palmer had to hand the ball off all weird and it threw off the running game. McCarron played
pretty damn good from what i saw but i couldn't watch the game with no ESPN.

Tough loss for us but that was the best Defense in the league and we almost pulled it off. Some
of those passes from McCarron were great, high and away where only his receiver could bring it
down. Dude might be really good on down the line.

Saw the penalty on Burfict and i don't like the call, he was just trying to strip the ball.

Dunlap played one hell of a game with Geno not being able to play as much as usual too.

Hope we don't have to face the Broncos in the Playoffs again in their place, we need Geno to
be 100% to win against these Playoff teams.
Burfict tackling the guy out of bounds was stupid.  Burfict has talent but that was a dumb play and helped put Broncos in winning field goal range. ...You can't play stupid and win in the play-offs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It depends on how hurt his wrist is, doesn't it?  If we subject him to a beating at the hands of the Ravens and his wrist gets even more smashed up we would HAVE to start Wenning in the playoffs.  Eep.

This....Wenning in the play-offs....Yikes....Eep...
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: Burfict tackling the guy out of bounds was stupid.  Burfict has talent but that was a dumb play and helped put Broncos in winning field goal range. ...You can't play stupid and win in the play-offs. 

I will have to watch the play again, seemed like a no call the first time around.

But at that time in the game, it was stupid.

I can't wait to watch the game. Don't have ESPN.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: Burfict tackling the guy out of bounds was stupid.  Burfict has talent but that was a dumb play and helped put Broncos in winning field goal range. ...You can't play stupid and win in the play-offs. 

That was a bad penalty all he did was let go when the whistle blew. What's he suppose to do carry the guy to his bench?
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
Anyone else notice that Mccarron was in the fetal position for half the game?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:10 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The 2 seed is still within reach. May not happen but anything is possible. How much of a chance did anyone give the Ravens last week?

I'd prefer to see McCarron and any starters who need it sit and get healthy, even at the expense of a loss to the Ravens.  Broncos lose, Chiefs win and we get the bye.  A win for us changes nothing.  The only downside is denying McCarron the extra experience, but if the wrist is not responding well, the coaching staff shouldn't risk our only hope to get a playoff win.  I'm convinced our staff is well versed in risk aversion
Reply/Quote