Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 3 days...
We can start getting  into negotiations with other free agents, who do you guys think we target? Many are saying we are going into a rebuilding stage, don't know if this is true or not.. Anyways, we need to improve the team and I think the players below can help.

I say we go for:

#1. Danny Trevathan

We need a linebacker like him who will be able to be a 3-down backer who can help stop the run and he is a very good tackler which will improve this defense significantly in the tackling area.

#2. Rishard Matthews

Someone to replace MJ if we don't resign him.

#3. Sean Smith

I think we should seriously go after him if we don't resign Hall or Pacman.

#4. Tashaun Gipson/Rodney McLeod

Go for Gipson if we don't resign Nelson/Iloka and McLeod could be a great replacement, he was ranked in top 10 by PFF last year among safeties.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 10:58 AM)milksheikh Wrote: We can start getting  into negotiations with other free agents, who do you guys think we target? Many are saying we are going into a rebuilding stage, don't know if this is true or not.. Anyways, we need to improve the team and I think the players below can help.

I say we go for:

#1. Danny Trevathan

We need a linebacker like him who will be able to be a 3-down backer who can help stop the run and he is a very good tackler which will improve this defense significantly in the tackling area.

#2. Rishard Matthews

Someone to replace MJ if we don't resign him.

#3. Sean Smith

I think we should seriously go after him if we don't resign Hall or Pacman.

#4. Tashaun Gipson/Rodney McLeod

Go for Gipson if we don't resign Nelson/Iloka and McLeod could be a great replacement, he was ranked in top 10 by PFF last year among safeties.

Travis Benjamin /Matthews/ kearse & boldin/colston/Andre Johnson/ roddy white 
Terrance knighton/fairly
Janoris jankins 
Nelson/iloka 
Daryl Smith

Dj swearinger 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 11:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Travis Benjamin /Matthews/ kearse & boldin/colston/Andre Johnson/ roddy white 
Terrance knighton/fairly
Janoris jankins 
Nelson/iloka 
Daryl Smith

Dj swearinger 

I remember when half the board was jumping up and down about Knighton. Didn't realize Washington wasn't re-signing him. He's more of a 3-4 and seems to just be looking for a payday. I don't think he would do as well in a 4-3.
Reply/Quote
I have no desire this year to bring in any outsiders. Bring back our own and I'll be happy, hopefully we find a way to keep 3 of the big 4 (MJ, pacman, Iloka and nelson). If we do that then FA was a success. If we only keep two then it's a typical cheap bengals FA and if we only keep 1 or God forbid none then f*** the front office.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 12:55 PM)Benton Wrote: I remember when half the board was jumping up and down about Knighton. Didn't realize Washington wasn't re-signing him. He's more of a 3-4 and seems to just be looking for a payday. I don't think he would do as well in a 4-3.

Isn't Denver a 4/3. They switched to a3-4 last year under philips
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Isn't Denver a 4/3. They switched to a3-4 last year under philips

This is correct. TK was a 4-3 NT at Denver. Washington put him at NT in a 3-4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is correct. TK was a 4-3 NT at Denver. Washington put him at NT in a 3-4.

He excelled in Denver's 4-3, mostly in the run game.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He excelled in Denver's 4-3, mostly in the run game.

Probably come cheaper than he would have last year
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 11:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Travis Benjamin /Matthews/ kearse & boldin/colston/Andre Johnson/ roddy white 
Terrance knighton/fairly
Janoris jankins 
Nelson/iloka 
Daryl Smith

Dj swearinger 

Andre Johnson is done couldnt get any seperation last season
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Probably come cheaper than he would have last year

In a article I read, it said that he wanted something long term or something like 3-4 years because he didn't want to stay only a year in Washington. Apparently, he doesn't like jumping from team to team and wants to stay in one place.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Andre Johnson is done couldnt get any seperation last season

Yet still out produced sanu... If you sign him him a 1 or 2 year contract at least you have someone who can catch 40-50 balls.  

He would be a bandaid while you wait for a young guy to develop.  Plus he had Matt hasselbeck throwing him the ball
Reply/Quote
My semi-realistic wishlist is...

Zach Brown, LB
Mark Barron, LB
Rishard Matthews, WR
Anquan Boldin, WR

Just don't see them making a play for Travathan. Brown and Barron are both 2nd tier FAs (but still well above the AJ Hawk 4th tier) with Brown replacing Maualuga and Barron tearing it up in the role they wanted from Lamur.

Boldin would just be a 1 year deal in order to ease in a drafted WR.

Would love Mack, but it's not realistic either, so I will stick with those four.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:58 PM)milksheikh Wrote: In a article I read, it said that he wanted something long term or something like 3-4 years because he didn't want to stay only a year in Washington. Apparently, he doesn't like jumping from team to team and wants to stay in one place.

Maybe he shouldn't have taken a one-year, $4 million deal so early into FA then.

The Bengals won't sign Knighton to replace Peko, but if financials were the only thing that mattered in why they wouldn't, they could cut Peko and use the saved money plus the amount they gave Pat Sims last year ($665k) and give to TK ($4.39 mill). Seeing as TK is already 29 years old, he could probably be had for a 3 year, $12 million a year deal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wishful thinking guys.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Taint FTW!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 12:55 PM)Benton Wrote: I remember when half the board was jumping up and down about Knighton. Didn't realize Washington wasn't re-signing him. He's more of a 3-4 and seems to just be looking for a payday. I don't think he would do as well in a 4-3.

I heard him on an interview and he is pissed he has to go through FA again. He says he isn't sure what he has to do.

As to the OP:

Percy Harvin

Morris Claiborne

Nick Perry
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Over the past few years (since the Bryant/Coles deals)...the Bengals high point in terms of free agent contracts is in the 3-4m range (Green-Ellis, Wharton, J Anderson, J Allen). The exception was bringing MJ back, at a 5m per year average, but he was 'one of our own'.

People need to keep that in mind when throwing names out there. And even the 3-4m guys didn't exactly do much to make the Bengals keep pursuing that path. Wharton, Anderson and Allen were all non-factors and only lasted one season. Green-Ellis was serviceable for 2 years, but not much more.

For whatever reason, the Bengals seem to get more mileage when signing former high round busts, reclamation projects, vets on minimum deals, etc.
Reply/Quote
Who I might be interested in (I wouldn't want ALL of these guys, just some):

LB Danny Trevathan (I actually wanted us to draft him coming out of Kentucky)
DE Chris Long
WRs Bradon Lafell or Rishard Matthews (if MLJ isn't retained)
WR Riley Cooper (if MLJ is retained and Sanu leaves)
C Alex Mack (depending on price)

Who I think the Bengals actually might look at:

WR Riley Cooper (has a connection with WR coach James Urban and QB coach Bill Lazor - plus he'll be cheap)
WR Roddy White (cheap one year rental)
DE Clifton Geathers
DT/DE Frank Kearse (worked with Haslett)
S Nate Allen

Just throwing some names out here. The Bengals mainly look at players who were cut (to save compensatory picks), with an emphasis on cheap. Cooper is probably the ceiling for what they'd look at.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Andre Johnson is done couldnt get any seperation last season

Yeah he is a ghost of what he used to be. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 01:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I have no desire this year to bring in any outsiders. Bring back our own and I'll be happy, hopefully we find a way to keep 3 of the big 4 (MJ, pacman, Iloka and nelson). If we do that then FA was a success. If we only keep two then it's a typical cheap bengals FA and if we only keep 1 or God forbid none then f*** the front office.

I'd love to see a pursuit for Mack and Trevathan, but seriously doubt that will happen for either one. So I'm with you on re-signing as many of our own with at least MJ, Adam, and Reggie as the main focus. I expect (now with Tate back in the fold) that we'll see a Margus Hunt extension  Sad  
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote