Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the "Circus-Must-Continue" Department today:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444633/james-harrison-gets-vontaze-burficts-back-in-controversial-antonio-brown-hit

Quote:James Harrison defends Vontaze Burfict's hit on Antonio Brown

After laying a hard hit to the head of Antonio Brown on Saturday night, Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict is facing a potential suspension for hitting a defenseless receiver.

Burfict was flagged 15 yards for the hit late in the Bengals meltdown and now the Steelers receiver is going through the concussion protocol.

Just about everyone agrees it was a dirty hit. Except for Brown's own teammate! James Harrison, who has had his share of fines and flags for controversial hits, came to Burfict's defense after the game.

"By rule as they told me when I went down to New York that is a penalty. Personally, I don't think it is because I don't think you can get out of the way fast enough," Harrison said on NFL Network following the game, via FOX Sports.

Harrison also added Burfict can be "a little bit out of control" but is also "calculated" in how he pushes the line.

Hmmm....

I'm thinking have James Harrison as your defense attorney (no pun) is probably not a good thing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444633/james-harrison-gets-vontaze-burficts-back-in-controversial-antonio-brown-hit

Hmmm....

I'm thinking have James Harrison as your defense attorney (no pun) is probably not a good thing.

I totally agree that many times the defender has no chance to get out of the way of a bad hit.

Burfict did.  Or he would have had he been watching the ball vs trying set AB up for a big hit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I totally agree that many times the defender has no chance to get out of the way of a bad hit.

Burfict did.  Or he would have had he been watching the ball vs trying set AB up for a big hit.

Brown ducked into the hit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The more I watch it the more it looks like Burfict was trying to set up a big hit. Shoulder to chest. Not illegal. Still probably would have been flagged though, cuz you know.   Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'll say this for Harrison, at least he is consistent in his beliefs, eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'll say this for Harrison, at least he is consistent in his beliefs, eh.

Well he did have a hand in Burfict's rookie year if I'm not mistaken.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'll say this for Harrison, at least he is consistent in his beliefs, eh.

Yup, he's the only one on that team that is like that. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Well he did have a hand in Burfict's rookie year if I'm not mistaken.  

I said in a thread in JN that, after spending a season here, Harrison knows Burfict and probably views Burfict as a younger version of himself.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: I said in a thread in JN that, after spending a season here, Harrison knows Burfict and probably views Burfict as a younger version of himself.

I'm pretty sure Harrison doesn't think of himself as a piece of shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm pretty sure Harrison doesn't think of himself as a piece of shit.

You never know. He does seem to have issues. There could be some self loathing in there. You should be able to relate.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444633/james-harrison-gets-vontaze-burficts-back-in-controversial-antonio-brown-hit

Hmmm....

Not so fast.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/01/10/Steelers-James-Harrison-Bengals-Burfict-deserved-penalty-for-Antonio-Brown-helmet-hit/stories/201601100229
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: You never know. He does seem to have issues. There could be some self loathing in there. You should be able to relate.

I do deal with a lot of people with self esteem issues in the course of my work, true.  It's possible Harrison could view himself as just as loathsome a person as Burfict, I guess we'll never know.  I am glad we can all agree that Burfict is a piece of shit though.  Consensus!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: You never know. He does seem to have issues. There could be some self loathing in there. You should be able to relate.

Yeah some self loathing...after he turrned down the Steelers offer and chose to play for the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do deal with a lot of people with self esteem issues in the course of my work, true.  It's possible Harrison could view himself as just as loathsome a person as Burfict, I guess we'll never know.  I am glad we can all agree that Burfict is a piece of shit though.  Consensus!

Yeah we admit when our dirty players are dirty instead of"That's just hard nosed Steeler football grrr grrr should have had his head on a swivel grrr he was blocked into him grrrrrrr"
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah we admit when our dirty players are dirty instead of"That's just hard nosed Steeler football grrr grrr should have had his head on a swivel grrr he was blocked into him grrrrrrr"

What ever happened to Keith Rivers? I think the only highlight of his career was getting emasculated by Hines Ward.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah we admit when our dirty players are dirty instead of"That's just hard nosed Steeler football grrr grrr should have had his head on a swivel grrr he was blocked into him grrrrrrr"

Actually, many of you don't, one needs only look into Jungle Noise for many examples.  Regardless, the one player Bengals fans harp on as being dirty is Clark, due to one hit against Eifert that was far less egregious than the hit Burfict laid on Brown that many, again in Jungle Noise, are defending.  The cost of feeding both sides of their face must be driving many Bengals fans into the poor house.  Who do you think is dirty on the Steelers that Steelers fans don't acknowledge?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, many of you don't, one needs only look into Jungle Noise for many examples.  Regardless, the one player Bengals fans harp on as being dirty is Clark, due to one hit against Eifert that was far less egregious than the hit Burfict laid on Brown that many, again in Jungle Noise, are defending.  The cost of feeding both sides of their face must be driving many Bengals fans into the poor house.  Who do you think is dirty on the Steelers that Steelers fans don't acknowledge?

Hell I've never heard you guys admit any single hit was dirty.  

I think you mean Mitchell.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hell I've never heard you guys admit any single hit was dirty.  

I think you mean Mitchell.

I did, heh, I was actually just coming back to fix that too. I just posted a vid of Clark hitting McGahee so he was on my mind.  Of course Steelers players have made dirty hits, the hit on Huber was dirty as it was against the rules. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: What ever happened to Keith Rivers? I think the only highlight of his career was getting emasculated by Hines Ward.

Emasculated by the equivalent of a sucker punch?  

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Emasculated by the equivalent of a sucker punch?  

He was frolicking instead of playing football, and Hines Ward put him in a coffin.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote