Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbreds gone Wild
(07-05-2016, 02:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yep.  That's the problem with all this new country artists.  Luke Bryan, F/G Line, Jason Aldean, Kenny, Sam Cook.......its all the same manufactured Nashville sound that's ruined radio friendly country music. 

There are some good modern country artists out there, Sturgill Simpson, Hank III, Whitey Morgan, even Aaron Lewis from Staind has some good country music out there.  But you'll never hear them on the radio because Nashville owns all the radio stations. 

Eric Church gives your boy Jeff Tweedy a shout out in one of his newer songs.

I agree. I'll add Jamey Johnson, Zac Brown, & Church to your list. That's about all I can stand.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I go more song by song.

Can't say any artist I'd say I "follow" but if I like the song I like the song.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 03:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: They sound the same because they literally are the same. Watch the link; it's a 4 minute mash-up of a b7nch of different country songs but you would think it's the same song.

https://youtu.be/FY8SwIvxj8o

Was going to post this. There's also this one too.

Reply/Quote
Here is a couple of clips from the drunken buffoonery that takes place at Heinz. The first is from Saturday; the second from a Luke Bryan concert two years ago that went viral.

https://www.facebook.com/100004841856254/videos/581258608712196/

This one has been edited. The first time that I saw it, it rolled until she went flat on the ground and knocked herself out cold.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_il3dme1i

Someone is seriously going to die at one of these hick-fests unless the city steps in and does something like limit the tailgating to a reasonable amount of time instead of full 8hr shift.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 03:39 PM)jason Wrote: Eric Church gives your boy Jeff Tweedy a shout out in one of his newer songs.

I agree. I'll add Jamey Johnson, Zac Brown, & Church to your list. That's about all I can stand.

Jamey Johnson and Eric Church are a little more radio friendly than Whitey Morgan and Hank II and SS.  But I really like a lot of their songs.  In fact, the Eric Church concert I went to was one of the best shows I've ever seen. That's including all the heavy metal bands I've seen and jam band festivals I've gone to and rock shows.  I haven't made up my mind about Zac Brown yet.  I typically stay away or turn the channel when he's on.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 03:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: They sound the same because they literally are the same. Watch the link; it's a 4 minute mash-up of a b7nch of different country songs but you would think it's the same song.

https://youtu.be/FY8SwIvxj8o

I've heard that before.    Hilarious  
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 04:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Was going to post this. There's also this one too.

One of the comments for that video:

"Stupid hick hop tractor rap for mindless idiots"
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
6andcounting was at the show twirling hid towel.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 05:05 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Here is a couple of clips from the drunken buffoonery that takes place at Heinz. The first is from Saturday; the second from a Luke Bryan concert two years ago that went viral.

https://www.facebook.com/100004841856254/videos/581258608712196/

This one has been edited. The first time that I saw it, it rolled until she went flat on the ground and knocked herself out cold.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_il3dme1i

Someone is seriously going to die at one of these hick-fests unless the city steps in and does something like limit the tailgating to a reasonable amount of time instead of full 8hr shift.
WWE narration for the video of the drunk guy from 2014.

https://youtu.be/g8uPJpDBunk
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 10:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: One of the comments for that video:

"Stupid hick hop tractor rap for mindless idiots"

I had a promotional album I got from the radio station I worked at in the early 90's that was all Country Rap.

The album was called: "Crap".

It was fantastically awful.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 09:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: I had a promotional album I got from the radio station I worked at in the early 90's that was all Country Rap.

There's a weird part of me that really wants to listen to your "Crap" cd.  

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 03:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: There's a weird part of me that really wants to listen to your "Crap" cd.  

No, no...it was an album.

Vinyl LP!

And it melted in my car one day!  LOL!
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 09:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: I had a promotional album I got from the radio station I worked at in the early 90's that was all Country Rap.

Was there any Billy Ray Cyrus?  Or Garth Brooks?
That would have been awesome crap to listen to.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 03:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no...it was an album.

Vinyl LP!

And it melted in my car one day!  LOL!

Cry

Cry

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 09:32 PM)Harmening Wrote: Was there any Billy Ray Cyrus?  Or Garth Brooks?
That would have been awesome crap to listen to.   Smirk

It was all original country rap songs.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 01:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was all original country rap songs.   Mellow

Name some artists that were on there.  The Lac's?  Colt Ford? Kid Rocks?  F/G Line? Rehab? Jason Aldean? Cowboy Troy?

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 02:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Name some artists that were on there.  The Lac's?  Colt Ford? Kid Rocks?  F/G Line? Rehab? Jason Aldean? Cowboy Troy?

Oh Jebus...this was 20+ years ago.

But it was a group doing original songs...if I remember correctly. Maybe some country/rap version of other's songs?  

It was a demo we got at the radio station.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that disappointed me about this is the fact that we had them all corralled into one location............we could have woken up to a new and better Western PA the next morning.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
How to handle your booze in the heat 101... (also drink water...)
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 03:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: How to handle your booze in the heat 101...  (also drink Coors Light...)

Fixed that for you.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote