Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Indy Game Meaningless. It's All Seattle Now
The most pointless game besides the Pro Bowl is Preseason Game 4. The only goal is no injuries as Bengals start regular season the next week. It may have some meaning to players on the cut list bubble, but very few of them. The Bengals probably go into this game knowing who are bench players, who are practice reserve players to keep. Other teams cuts may have more impact than this game. Bengals may be watching the waiver wire to see if out of the players the other 31 teams cut, there is a player Zac Taylor and coaches see that they would love to add. I hope Bengals can add a good player cut, No injuries, Get ready for Seattle game because that one counts.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The 4th preseason game is meaningful to guys trying to be the final roster spot of 53 on each team or audition for a roster spot or practice squad job in the NFL. There will be guys who win jobs Thursday night so not meaningless to them.

But, yes the game itself has become boring to the fans and the league gouges fans making them pay full price for preseason tickets. Look at stadiums, in most cases they are 20 or 30% filled and that is what sold season tickets at 70% plus in most cases. That is the message the NFL better wake up to, fans are fed up being ripped off by the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Pointless for us maybe, but not for them considering their quarterback situation .
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm always curious to see how the backend of the roster
Will shake out in the 4th game.
This roster has had depth issues the last few,years.
Reply/Quote
How can a game where the great Dolegalalgalga plays be anything but legendary?
Reply/Quote
I don't know about legendary, but I look forward to watching him play....
Reply/Quote
How can we declare any pre-season game meaningless when we are getting football boners over ZT's willingness to play young and undrafted guys rather than just handing the jobs to vets ala Marvin? I want to see Dolegala throw 7 TDs and unseat Dalton! No offense to Dalton, I just want something insane to happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How can we declare any pre-season game meaningless when we are getting football boners over ZT's willingness to play young and undrafted guys rather than just handing the jobs to vets ala Marvin?  I want to see Dolegala throw 7 TDs and unseat Dalton!  No offense to Dalton, I just want something insane to happen.

I want to see Fat Randy and Vincentvangogh have a kicking duel for the ages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round house kicked extra points.

Old FR doing "the crane" to end the battle.

It'll be a grand ol' pre-season game 4 bloodbath !

Sources say that these two have been talking shit and will have a pre-game face to face weigh in.

Randy is going to eat a Baconator while on the scale.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I want to see Fat Randy and Vincentvangogh have a kicking duel for the ages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round house kicked extra points.

Old FR doing "the crane" to end the battle.

It'll be a grand ol' pre-season game 4 bloodbath !

Sources say that these two have been talking shit and will have a pre-game face to face weigh in.

Randy is going to eat a Baconator while on the scale.

I want to see the other kicker do stuff.  So I want 7 TDs from Dolegala and then the Bengals intentionally get penalties on the XP to push it back to 50+ range so we can see the other kicker bang 'em all through.  7 for 7!
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How can we declare any pre-season game meaningless when we are getting football boners over ZT's willingness to play young and undrafted guys rather than just handing the jobs to vets ala Marvin?  I want to see Dolegala throw 7 TDs and unseat Dalton!  No offense to Dalton, I just want something insane to happen.

Wow, I thought Finley was the next messiah in Bengal land. In weeks, he is forgotten.  Whatever  Smirk

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wow, I thought Finley was the next messiah in Bengal land. In weeks, he is forgotten.  Whatever  Smirk

Much like we had to bury the insane ramblings of alchemy to discover chemistry, we must bury Dalton and Finley before we may discover Dolegala!
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wow, I thought Finley was the next messiah in Bengal land. In weeks, he is forgotten.  Whatever  Smirk

He's not forgotten, but we have seen a lot of what he can do well in the preseason already. I'm interested in watching doleladygaga play so we can see what we have there.
Reply/Quote
This game is still meaningful for guys on the back end of the roster that might sneak in or get a shot with another team.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Finley make a few throws down the sideline he underthrew Willis twice last week vs New York...maybe a 10 or 12 yard out to showcase his arm. He looks like Tom Brady did when he was drafted tall lanky and in need of a sandwich.

Would like to see Price have a game and make Taylor and Turner question their decision for week one. Also a tackle step up and have a good game.

Pratt should get alot of snaps but have to wonder who will be next to him with since Evans is likely a "starter" Jefferson or Dawkins.

They still have WRs fighting for spots Core Malone and Tate.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I would like to see Finley make a few throws down the sideline he underthrew Willis twice last week vs New York...maybe a 10 or 12 yard out to showcase his arm. He looks like Tom Brady did when he was drafted tall lanky and in need of a sandwich.

Would like to see Price have a game and make Taylor and Turner question their decision for week one. Also a tackle step up and have a good game.

Pratt should get alot of snaps but have to wonder who will be next to him with since Evans is likely a "starter" Jefferson or Dawkins.

They still have WRs fighting for spots Core Malone and Tate.

The less snaps they play, the more likely they made the cut.

If Tate is out for any extended time, all 3 may make the 53 man roster.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Much like we had to bury the insane ramblings of alchemy to discover chemistry, we must bury Dalton and Finley before we may discover Dolegala!

And we get bigger boners from QBs who do great things from farther down the roster. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If you want to watch a meaningful game involving a football team from Cincinnati this Thursday, watch the Bearcats.
Reply/Quote
I remember in 2013 we were on hard knocks and one of the major storylines was Jayson DiManche making the roster in like a dramatic "HE DID IT!" kind of fashion and I remember thinking "finally, we can stabilize our LB corp with this guy."

2 years, 28 games, 1 start and 29 tackles later, I realized that maybe whoever gets the 51st, 52nd and 53rd slot on the roster doesn't really matter all that much.

It's interesting for discussion though :).
Reply/Quote
I expect to see Margus Hunt destroying our 4 stringers... The shoe's on the other foot. The tables have turned, and all that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 07:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember in 2013 we were on hard knocks and one of the major storylines was Jayson DiManche making the roster in like a dramatic "HE DID IT!" kind of fashion and I remember thinking "finally, we can stabilize our LB corp with this guy."

2 years, 28 games, 1 start and 29 tackles later, I realized that maybe whoever gets the 51st, 52nd and 53rd slot on the roster doesn't really matter all that much.

It's interesting for discussion though :).

You'd think we'd learn....  seasons come and go, yet we still perceive there's a bunch of hidden gems on the roster. Smirk
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote