MacKensie Alexander- hamstring, ribs

and

duh duh dum

Jonah Williams-shoulder

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We need Jonah out there this week, damn hope he is okay.
Reply/Quote
Jonah being injured is very concerning, especially with it being a shoulder. He has played very well so far and we need him badly.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Jonah being injured is very concerning, especially with it being a shoulder. He has played very well so far and we need him badly.

If he wasn't held out, he should be fine.

Not worried.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
All of these guys are practicing.

Other than at DT I would say we have been one of the healthiest teams in the entire league
Reply/Quote
It's Fred Johnson at LT if Williams can't go, right?

I recall him being decent at OT in limited snaps last year (78.4 pass block, 57.8 run block).
He obviously failed miserably at G this year though.
Not sure if this year is more indicative of his true performance or if he's just better playing OT vs G.
Hoping it's the latter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If he wasn't held out, he should be fine.

Not worried.

I agree, I just hope it doesn't balloon into anything chronic with his shoulders. He is really looking like a good draft pick so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's Fred Johnson at LT if Williams can't go, right?

I recall him being decent at OT in limited snaps last year (78.4 pass block, 57.8 run block).
He obviously failed miserably at G this year though.
Not sure if this year is more indicative of his true performance or if he's just better playing OT vs G.
Hoping it's the latter.

He might just be too tall to be able to play low enough to effectively play Guard.

I'm not stating this to be fact, just throwing it out there as a possibility.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 07:55 PM)McC Wrote: He might just be too tall to be able to play low enough to effectively plat Guard.

Also have to wonder how many reps he has taken at guard in his career, seems like he was a tackle before coming here and only viewed as a tackle once he was here. Has to be a different style of play as an interior guy versus the end guy watching for finesse and edge rushers instead of just big old space eaters just pushing through you.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 07:55 PM)McC Wrote:
He might just be too tall to be able to play low enough to effectively play Guard.

Oh for sure, I think so too. Jordan might as well. When Johnson was the starter, the Bengals had two of the tallest starting guards in the NFL at 6'6" and 6'7".
It's hard to win the leverage battle against DTs when you're that tall, as DTs average height is 6'3".
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wonder if Jonah tweaked his shoulder on that diving block out in space?

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:  seems like he was a tackle before coming here 

I know he was a guard for the Steelers last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know he was a guard for the Steelers last year and I am pretty sure he was a guard with the Giants also.

Never played for the Giants and was a T in college.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 10:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never played for the Giants 

Correct.

I was thinking of Hart.
Reply/Quote
Fred played a little tackle but was primarily a guard in college: https://floridagators.com/sports/football/roster/fred-johnson/10969

I suspect Adeniji will play OT if Williams is out, knock on wood. But we shall see.

I think the "too tall for guard" thing is a little overrated. Before he came to Cincinnati John Jerry was a successful NFL guard for a long time and he's 6'8". You have to be able to bend your knees and get low in everything you do in sports. If Johnson is too stiff to do that at guard, it's unlikely he has the athleticism to play OT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:00 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Fred played a little tackle but was primarily a guard in college: https://floridagators.com/sports/football/roster/fred-johnson/10969

I suspect Adeniji will play OT if Williams is out, knock on wood. But we shall see.

I think the "too tall for guard" thing is a little overrated. Before he came to Cincinnati John Jerry was a successful NFL guard for a long time and he's 6'8". You have to be able to bend your knees and get low in everything you do in sports. If Johnson is too stiff to do that at guard, it's unlikely he has the athleticism to play OT in the NFL.

In the small sample size of Fred so far, he has played much better as a tackle than as a guard.
Reply/Quote
Johnson is the backup for both tackles and right guard. Price backs up Hopkins at center and Adenjii is backup left guard

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I like seeing that Wilson and Phillips were full participants in practice and they are resting Dunlap and not starting him.

Jonah of course is still the biggest concern along with the new shin injury of Mixon.

Need these guys but we might be able to get it done with Gio as he was running and catching like a mad man lately with
that Stache. Hope if Jonah doesn't go that Fred Johnson is just a better Tackle than Guard, that is all I can say.
Reply/Quote