Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Injuries-AFC Championship week
(01-26-2022, 09:37 PM)pally Wrote: Tupou would be missed for sure.  Morgan's place as the gunner was taken by Tre Flowers who other than the early penalty had several really good stops for no gains on punts

The penalty was disappointing, for sure, as he truly looked like he didn't mean to interfere with the catch.  But wow, did he ever have some impressive stops afterward!  I remember thinking to myself "Where have they been hiding him all season?".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I saw Burrow showed up with "knee" on the report?

Did anyone else see the play where he was sacked and immediately grabbed his knee? That scared the shit out of me at the time but he didn't seemed bothered by it the rest of the game. It was just odd.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I saw Burrow showed up with "knee" on the report?

Did anyone else see the play where he was sacked and immediately grabbed his knee? That scared the shit out of me at the time but he didn't seemed bothered by it the rest of the game. It was just odd.

to make matters worse it was a play blown dead. i for sure clutched my pearls.
Reply/Quote
Cam Sample not seen at practice but the good news is...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yep, getting Daniels back would be huge with Larry out and Tupou and Sample dodgy. Was hoping Cam could play and boost the inside pass rush. But maybe Daniels can do a little of that.
Reply/Quote
It seems every week, someone different steps up in defense. I think it would be very cool if Daniels was able to make a big play this weekend. I remember him being really positive last season amidst all of the losing being quite optimistic about the team's future.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mathieu practiced today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 05:40 PM)maclanta Wrote: Mathieu practiced today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No bueno.

We would have torched KC w/o him.
Reply/Quote
same injury report as yesterday

Cam Sample-DNP
Morgan, Tupou-limited

not on report but Mike Daniels also practiced for the 2nd day

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: No bueno.

We would have torched KC w/o him.

We torched KC with him in the lineup 4 weeks ago….
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We torched KC with him in the lineup 4 weeks ago….

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We torched KC with him in the lineup 4 weeks ago….

Good point lol
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking he doesn't play. It's one thing for a DE to play a week after getting a concussion, but it's another thing for a corner or safety. They are in helmet to helmet full speed hits the whole game. Even if he starts, one big collision will probably send him back to the tent.
Reply/Quote
Cam Sample not practicing again so we can assume he will be out on Sunday.

Hopefully Tupou and Daniels will both be ready to go

Reply/Quote
We will miss Ogunjobi more in this game than we did in Tennessee. There we needed to stop the run, in KC we need to rush the passer. We need a big game from Hill.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The penalty was disappointing, for sure, as he truly looked like he didn't mean to interfere with the catch.  But wow, did he ever have some impressive stops afterward!  I remember thinking to myself "Where have they been hiding him all season?".

That penalty was his first ever snap as a gunner..I think he adjusted quite well thereafter.. 

Left out of the conversation as who is available to us.. Kerr (mentioned once) and possibly Damien Square who gave us fits against the Raiders.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: That penalty was his first ever snap as a gunner..I think he adjusted quite well thereafter.. 

Left out of the conversation as who is available to us.. Kerr (mentioned once) and possibly Damien Square who gave us fits against the Raiders.. 

The Bengals picked him up.  I posted a thread about it, earlier this week. ThumbsUp

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Costin-out-Square-in

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We will miss Ogunjobi more in this game than we did in Tennessee. There we needed to stop the run, in KC we need to rush the passer. We need a big game from Hill.

Yep. BJ Hill needs to have another big game. I think he can do it. BJ Hill is a good pass rusher despite being a great run stopper.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals picked him up.  I posted a thread about it, earlier this week. ThumbsUp

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Costin-out-Square-in

Was a good move too. I like Square.
Reply/Quote
official report lists

Sample and Morgan as doubtful
Tupou as questionable

Reply/Quote