Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries, Good News for a Change
Lewis said today that the only injured player that won't be practicing this week (obviously not the IR guys) is Eifert. Hopefully, that means we'll have Kroft and both OTs ready for the Jets game.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 01:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Lewis said today that the only injured player that won't be practicing this week (obviously not the IR guys) is Eifert. Hopefully, that means we'll have Kroft and both OTs ready for the Jets game.

Thanks for the info....we could use a TE.....and the Tackles are welcomed back as well....and we figured Eifert out. ....Hopefully they can practice and if they can practice, they can play. ....You are right, this is good injury news for a change.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 01:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Lewis said today that the only injured player that won't be practicing this week (obviously not the IR guys) is Eifert. Hopefully, that means we'll have Kroft and both OTs ready for the Jets game.

And Dennard too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Definitely good news.

Hopefully Dennard can stay healthy all year and WJ3 comes back to contribute so we can get a look at him. It will be hard to let Kirkpatrick walk next year if we dont know what we have behind him.

Getting fisher and ogbuehi back healthy will ease a lot of my concerns
Reply/Quote
So eifert is unlikely to play week one but he was doing some moderate to heavy agility drills which make me think he has a pretty good chance to play week 2
Reply/Quote
Lewis did add this to the mix:

"But Lewis indicated that two players who missed all the pre-season games are going to be pushed in practice and if they’re not ready for the Jets they’ll be ready for the next week in Pittsburgh. That would appear to be two of the game’s projected starters, Eifert’s backup, Tyler Kroft (knee) and slot cornerback Darqueze Dennard (ankle)."
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping the injury bug paid us its visit and has now moved on.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 05:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Here's to hoping the injury bug paid us its visit and has now moved on.

Like getting the flu over with early...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great news !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Whats with us and corners? They have taken what 6 corners in the first round since Marvin has been here and they are always hurt
Reply/Quote

This can't be true as according to many of our fans our medical staff is totally inept. Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I bet we see Eifert back in Week 3 or 4
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:11 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I bet we see Eifert back in Week 3 or 4

I'm hoping week 4, but I don't think we will see him until week 5 since week 4 is a Thursday game.
Reply/Quote
Eifert won't be back before week 6.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:23 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Eifert won't be back before week 6.

I just don't see it.  If that was the case they would've put him on the PUP.  No way they lose a roster spot for 5 games, then why not just 6?  1 game does not a season make.

My guess is they believe he'll be ready sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
We really dont actually need him toill week 6 so hopefully he dosent try to push it too hard
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:50 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I just don't see it.  If that was the case they would've put him on the PUP.  No way they lose a roster spot for 5 games, then why not just 6?  1 game does not a season make.

My guess is they believe he'll be ready sooner rather than later.

He would be unavailable for practices prior to that week if he were on PUP.

Not saying this is the case though...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 10:53 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Whats with us and corners?  They have taken what 6 corners in the first round since Marvin has been here and they are always hurt

Name the 6 first round corners. I can't get pass 4. Hall, wj3, dennard and Kirkpatrick. J-jo was second round.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:06 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Name the 6 first round corners. I can't get pass 4. Hall, wj3, dennard and Kirkpatrick. J-jo was second round.

No, he was a first rounder.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:06 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Name the 6 first round corners. I can't get pass 4. Hall, wj3, dennard and Kirkpatrick. J-jo was second round.

Jojo was a first Rd pick in 06.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote