Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries, Good News for a Change
(09-06-2016, 10:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Jojo was a first Rd pick in 06.

Don't know why I remember him being a low second round..
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:17 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Don't know why I remember him being a low second round..

Could you be thinking of Madieu WIlliams or Keiwan Ratliff?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Could you be thinking of Madieu WIlliams or Keiwan Ratliff?

Wow forgot about those two clowns. I think it's because IMO he never performed like a first rounder til a couple years afte hall got here.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
Deltha O'neal was a 1st rd pick as well...from the Broncos in 2000.
Adam Jones was a 1st rd pick, (6th overall) from the Titans in 2005.
Bengals like the 1st rd talent at CB.

Even 2nd rd talent at CB:
Tory James drafted by the Broncos in 1996.
Artrell Hawkins was drafted in the 2nd rd...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:23 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Eifert won't be back before week 6.

If that were the case they just would have put him on PUP and freed up a roster spot.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If that were the case they just would have put him on PUP and freed up a roster spot.

Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reply/Quote
Not so good news today is Sims didnt practice. Leaving us very thin at DT. Maybe we should think about not carrying a 3rd QB who will more than likely not play in a game for us this year and doing something about our razor thin DL depth.

Good news is all the other hurt guys that practiced monday did so again today.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 04:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not so good news today is Sims didnt practice. Leaving us very thin at DT. Maybe we should think about not carrying a 3rd QB who will more than likely not play in a game for us this year and doing something about our razor thin DL depth.

Maybe they should bring David Dean up from the PS? I thought he looked pretty decent for a UDFA in preseason. Are they afraid they couldn't get Driskoll to the PS or keep him there? I didn't know he was such a hot commodity. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 04:30 PM)Shady Wrote: Maybe they should bring David Dean up from the PS? I thought he looked pretty decent for a UDFA in preseason. Are they afraid they couldn't get Driskoll to the PS or keep him there? I didn't know he was such a hot commodity. 

I believe Hobson wrote something about the Bengals fearing that they couldn't sign him to the PS so they just claimed him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 04:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe Hobson wrote something about the Bengals fearing that they couldn't sign him to the PS so they just claimed him.

Here? 

Quote:The beauty of the claim is the Bengals have the roster room and they don’t have to give up a draft pick. The question is how long they will keep three QBs on the roster, something they haven’t done since the 46-man active roster on game day did away with the emergency quarterback. That depends on injuries and if they think Driskel would be safe on the practice squad.

I guess they do have concerns about that. I hope he pans out for us. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 04:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not so good news today is Sims didnt practice. Leaving us very thin at DT. Maybe we should think about not carrying a 3rd QB who will more than likely not play in a game for us this year and doing something about our razor thin DL depth.

Achilles. That can't be good. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 06:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Achilles. That can't be good. 

"Indications are he should be good to go Thursday"

Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote

It is amazing. Phat leaves us for 2 years and is never injured; yet he is always hurt here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: "Indications are he should be good to go Thursday"

Fingers crossed.

Wow. Good deal. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 04:30 PM)Shady Wrote:  I didn't know he was such a hot commodity. 

We did not sign him as a free agent.  We claimed him off waivers.  When a player does not clear waivers it is hard to tell if other teanms are interested.

Or maybe he has another team he would rather play for if he was released as a free agent.  We don't have control over a player to make him sign to our PS if we release him from the 53 man roster.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 11:17 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Deltha  O'neal was a 1st rd pick as well...from the Broncos in 2000.
Adam Jones was a 1st rd pick, (6th overall) from the Titans in 2005.
Bengals like the 1st rd talent at CB.

Even 2nd rd talent at CB:
Tory James drafted by the Broncos in 1996.
Artrell Hawkins was drafted in the 2nd rd...

We love 1st round corners. Don't forget Newman (1st round Cowboys) and Clements (1st round Bills), who we picked up.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 03:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We love 1st round corners. Don't forget Newman (1st round Cowboys) and Clements (1st round Bills), who we picked up.

You're all forgetting the King of Busts, Kelly Jennings.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 04:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're all forgetting the King of Busts, Kelly Jennings.

Man I hated that trade.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 04:48 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Man I hated that trade.

Tell me about it...

Especially the fact that Clinton could play NT AND that he did fairly well once he was traded. Glad he showed no ill will towards us.

Jennings' literally ONLY good thing he did for us, was breaking up the last pass in a basically already over Browns game that year.

Still remember sliding on his stomach as Nate Washington or whomever was wide open in the endzone in Tennessee Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote