Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries from Saints game
There has been no update on the injured players yet

Rookie Jeff Gunter had to be carted off during the pre game warmup. He was reported to have a knee injury. The concern would be a torn ACL which can happen during no-contact movement.

Josh Tupou went out with a calf injury and did not return to the game. If he is out, then they are down to their 3rd string nose tackle in Jay Tufele until Tupou or Reader returns. Our next 2 opponents are the Falcons who are 4th in the league in rushing and the Browns are second. The Saints rushed for 228 today

Of bigger concern is Logan Wilson who injured his right shoulder. That was the same shoulder that he injured last season and that required off-season surgery. Next up is Markus Baily unless they move Akeem Davis Gaither

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:24 PM)pally Wrote: There has been no update on the injured players yet

Rookie Jeff Gunter had to be carted off during the pre game warmup.  He was reported to have a knee injury.  The concern would be a torn ACL which can happen during no-contact movement.

Josh Tupou went out with a calf injury and did not return to the game.  If he is out, then they are down to their 3rd string nose tackle in Jay Tufele until Tupou or Reader returns.  Our next 2 opponents are the Falcons who are 4th in the league in rushing and the Browns are second.  The Saints rushed for 228 today

Of bigger concern is Logan Wilson who injured his right shoulder.  That was the same shoulder that he injured last season and that required off-season surgery. Next up is Markus Baily unless they move Akeem Davis Gaither

That is a big concern, but is that what he was laying on the ground for? A shoulder?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Saints got a lot of rushing yards bouncing it out. They got a few good interior runs, but it seemed for the most part the middle was doing ok.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So DT is the position group we’re going to get hit at this season. There’s always at least one. It would be nice if Shelvin could be at least serviceable if he has to play some.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That is a big concern, but is that what he was laying on the ground for? A shoulder?

my stream died at this time. I didn't even see what happened and read about it. Thought people were saying it looked like the wind got knocked out of him. Guess it is worse than that.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:24 PM)pally Wrote: There has been no update on the injured players yet

Rookie Jeff Gunter had to be carted off during the pre game warmup.  He was reported to have a knee injury.  The concern would be a torn ACL which can happen during no-contact movement.

Josh Tupou went out with a calf injury and did not return to the game.  If he is out, then they are down to their 3rd string nose tackle in Jay Tufele until Tupou or Reader returns.  Our next 2 opponents are the Falcons who are 4th in the league in rushing and the Browns are second.  The Saints rushed for 228 today

Of bigger concern is Logan Wilson who injured his right shoulder.  That was the same shoulder that he injured last season and that required off-season surgery. Next up is Markus Baily unless they move Akeem Davis Gaither

Jay Tufele actually had some flash plays today.

Reply/Quote
I thought Tufele had a few nice run stops today. Most of their big runs came on the edge. Not a huge amount Up the middle.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That is a big concern, but is that what he was laying on the ground for? A shoulder?

Have you ever tried to sit up with an injured shoulder?  It is extremely difficult and painful as those back muscles pull on the injured area. 

And I like others hoped he just had the breath knocked out of him but the heavy breathing must have come from pain and frustration

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins aggravated the ankle...look for him to be limited all week again

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: Tee Higgins aggravated the ankle...look for him to be limited all week again

Slow start and not a ton of yards but some really key catches.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Rookie Jeff Gunter had to be carted off during the pre game warmup. He was reported to have a knee injury. The concern would be a torn ACL which can happen during no-contact movement.

Josh Tupou went out with a calf injury and did not return to the game. If he is out, then they are down to their 3rd string nose tackle in Jay Tufele until Tupou or Reader returns. Our next 2 opponents are the Falcons who are 4th in the league in rushing and the Browns are second. The Saints rushed for 228 today

Of bigger concern is Logan Wilson who injured his right shoulder. That was the same shoulder that he injured last season and that required off-season surgery. Next up is Markus Baily unless they move Akeem Davis Gaither

I hate to be a downer but if Logan is gone i don’t see us competing anymore
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:51 PM)Housh Wrote: I hate to be a downer but if Logan is gone i don’t see us competing anymore

Do you do this on purpose?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So DT is the position group we’re going to get hit at this season. There’s always at least one. It would be nice if Shelvin could be at least serviceable if he has to play some.

Get Suh in here now..
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:51 PM)Housh Wrote: I hate to be a downer but if Logan is gone i don’t see us competing anymore

If he they are gonna come for u with torches... Get em off my ass..
Reply/Quote

I remember seeing him flash a couple times and thinking, who is that with Geno's number?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:37 PM)pally Wrote: Have you ever tried to sit up with an injured shoulder?  It is extremely difficult and painful as those back muscles pull on the injured area. 

And I like others hoped he just had the breath knocked out of him but the heavy breathing must have come from pain and frustration

I walked face first into a spider web while going out my backdoor at night last year while I had adhesive capsulitis in my right shoulder. I quickly tried to wipe it off my face and hair in case there was a spider in it, and the instantaneous pain dropped me to the floor and left me writhing around unable to speak for a bout 3 minutes to even explain to my girlfriend what had happened.
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I walked face first into a spider web while going out my backdoor at night last year while I had adhesive capsulitis in my right shoulder. I quickly tried to wipe it off my face and hair in case there was a spider in it, and the instantaneous pain dropped me to the floor and left me writhing around unable to speak for a bout 3 minutes to even explain to my girlfriend what had happened.

Yeah but Logan Wilson isn’t supposed to be an 8 year old girl. LOL

Reply/Quote
Hate to say it, but if he damaged the same shoulder, that could be a career ender..
Reply/Quote
Bengals were really hush about it too.

Concerning for real.
Reply/Quote